Welcome to Gaia! ::

I have noticed that when a guy ask for help or to talk to someone about a issue in their life they do not seem to get the attention or help that a girl may get.

Why is this?

Shy Hunter

7,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Member 100
Generally it's to the falsely-perpetuated belief that men should just deal with it on their own.
m i r a c u l u m
Generally it's to the falsely-perpetuated belief that men should just deal with it on their own.

I disagree.

I see it as a bunch of guys see a girl and freak out.
"omgosh, a girl! I can add her and then talk to her all the time and be a perv"

Its really sad when you stop and realize it. Most girls get the attention they do because of the high amount of virginity we have on the internet, they see a girl and it becomes a serious virgin fest.

Shy Hunter

7,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Member 100
Anthrophobic
m i r a c u l u m

I disagree.

Its really sad when you stop and realize it. Most girls get the attention they do because of the high amount of virginity we have on the internet, they see a girl and it becomes a serious virgin fest.

I doubt it. People are loosing their virginity earlier and earlier, so the true number of virgins on the Internet can easily be called into question. Most girls get attention because people think they need help, that they need support. With men, they are generally encouraged to be more self-supporting.

That, and on Gaia at least, there seems to be more women than men.
m i r a c u l u m
Anthrophobic
m i r a c u l u m

I disagree.

I doubt it. People are loosing their virginity earlier and earlier, so the true number of virgins on the Internet can easily be called into question. Most girls get attention because people think they need help, that they need support. With men, they are generally encouraged to be more self-supporting.

This is true.

It would seem that there are more woman than men on Gaia but looks can be deceiving. When I first started paying so many guys would pose as a woman with their avatar just to get the free items and attention from other men..

Shy Hunter

7,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Member 100
Anthrophobic
m i r a c u l u m
Anthrophobic
m i r a c u l u m

I disagree.

This is true.

It would seem that there are more woman than men on Gaia but looks can be deceiving. When I first started paying so many guys would pose as a woman with their avatar just to get the free items and attention from other men..

That, and you also have women pretending to be men just because they prefer to do so.
m i r a c u l u m
Anthrophobic
m i r a c u l u m
Anthrophobic
m i r a c u l u m

I disagree.

This is true.

That, and you also have women pretending to be men just because they prefer to do so.

The few women I know that do this, only do it to get away from the flock of pervs and guys that message them when they find out they have chesticles instead of testicles. LOL

Shy Hunter

7,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Member 100
Anthrophobic
m i r a c u l u m
Anthrophobic
m i r a c u l u m
Anthrophobic
m i r a c u l u m

I disagree.

This is true.

The few women I know that do this, only do it to get away from the flock of pervs and guys that message them when they find out they have chesticles instead of testicles. LOL

Yeah, pretty pathetic really.
m i r a c u l u m

Well, thanks for discussing this with me.

I enjoy finding out others opinions on the subject.
It's pretty obvious isn't it? ninja ninja ninja

Put a girl's avatar. You'll receive more comments.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games