Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'll try to make this quick and to the point. My.. actually fiance lives 2 blocks away and has no job, no school and he has told me there's no excuses as to why he doesn't come over i may see him once every week or two weeks. I've told him i want to see him more often and i have yet to get any change he also only texts a couple messages a day and he might call once a week. :l 2 block away.... I don't know what to do.

kahono's Senpai

Spacey Nymph

He sounds like he might be losing interest.
Still, it's a two way street and you could always go see him.
I'd bring it up again, if he's not willing to walk two blocks when he's got nothing else to do then he probably isn't worth your time.

Timid Lunatic

User Image

I think you need to tell him flat-out that his lack of interest and effort is upsetting to you, and maybe give him an ultimatum. You don't deserve to be with someone who doesn't want to be with you.

User Image

Fashionable Sex Symbol

14,075 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
It sounds like he is looking for any small thing to just not see you. A person can walk a couple blocks in a few minutes. If he is not willing to do that, then it shows where you stand in his life. But, vise-versa. What is stopping you from walking to his place, if he is that close? Have you tried to do that? also, he might be getting depressed.. Have you spoken to him about that? If he has no job, no responsibilities, he might be depressed over that, or maybe just lazy? I am just tossing ideas out there, based on what you wrote.

Sparkly Vampire

9,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
My Twisted Heartache
I'll try to make this quick and to the point. My.. actually fiance lives 2 blocks away and has no job, no school and he has told me there's no excuses as to why he doesn't come over i may see him once every week or two weeks. I've told him i want to see him more often and i have yet to get any change he also only texts a couple messages a day and he might call once a week. :l 2 block away.... I don't know what to do.

What are you doing with a boy who is a NEET, none the less engaged to one? Why is he a NEET right now? There really is no excuse, so he probably just isn't interested in you and the relationship enough to maintain it. Here's what to do with someone like that, just move on.

Though if you want to give him a chance despite that, ask him why and tell him that he needs to see you more often with his free time or else you're bouncing.
and you wanna marry a deadbeat?

Pure-hearted Bunny

13,575 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
User Image

Don't Forget to Love

Maybe we shouldn't assume the worst.
If he hasn't always been this way, maybe he's just planning something like a surprise, or having some personal family issues. Sometimes guys take time off when stressed. I just hope it's for the best.

I'll Always be Your Vanilla

Trash Gaian

I wouldn't marry or start a family with this guy...

An Epic No Less's Husband

Kawaii Lunatic

18,050 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Yeah. Dump him. He doesn't want to take time out of his day to come see you (day OR week), he's not worth it.

Dangerous Bloodsucker

So... why don't you just walk over and see him? Why does he always have to come to you? Have you talk to him and told him straight up how you feel? Cuz if you haven't you should. If he still doesn't change his behavior then you should probably dump him. If he's not interested enough to come see you, that kinda shows you where you stand.

Sugary Elder

i think you need to communicate strongly to him that this lack of communication has begun to distress you. he may very well have a good reason. maybe he's afraid that he'll come off as too clingy or maybe he's embarrassed that he has no job and isn't attending school. once you find out the root of the issue then you can start working on bigger issues at hand, like him not having any plan for the future (for himself or as it sounds...even for you)

its really hard to be the one to start up intense conversations like this but its important and if he doesn't respect it then you have every right to tell him it's time for you to move on.

The Peten's Fangirl

Pirate

36,750 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Lives 2 blocks away from you and makes little to no attempt to see you
Has little education
Has no job
Barely contacts you

Tell him you're done, don't give him an ultimatum. Who cares if he gets hurt, he is not interested in you and you are wasting your time. Don't worry about hurting his feelings (I don't mean that you should be rude when breaking it off with him, just be brief about it.) If he asks why, just say you fell out of love.
Learn to love yourself more, know that you have value and that you are not just a jacket in the closet.
You will find love.

Dapper Ladykiller

Every closet in his house is probably packed with all kinds of skeletons, so better break it off before you become ONE OF THEM! eek

Saphire777's Wife

Beloved Kitten

7,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
im having some bf issues too right now so i feel ya...his ex messaged him yesterday and he expressed the fact he has no feelings for her but i DO NOT trust her what so ever

Shirtless Loverboy

12,500 Points
  • Battle: Level Up 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Or his lack of interest is due to an increased interest.. in other people.
                      I hope that's not the case tho...

Best to prolly confront him directly you know.. go to him.
                      You can't really expect him to come to you every time,
                      he doesn't seem the type by the way you described.
                      Building his interest in you prolly means taking initiative, specially if he won't.

Might need to ask him if still wants to be with you too.

But Gaia is a terrible place fore advice don't listen to anyone here.
                      They'll only s**t on your head for not listening to them,
                      or make you feel like you're wrong for having a problem.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff