Welcome to Gaia! ::

Chatty Smoker

Basically what the title says. We're looking for therapists for him at the moment. But when he's having an anxiety attack or it's really bad, I don't know what to do. I worry about him a lot and if he doesn't text back I think of all the horrible things that could have happened to him. I'm worried he might hurt himself, even though he assured me he wouldn't. I just hate seeing him like this.

Anyone have experience in this and have advice?

Distinct Member

Rule number 1. Do not worry about him so much, it can cause his anxiety to be worse.try to be calming and supportive.
It sounds like your having some anxiety yourself.
Try not to text back to back, but text something if he had not responded in like 4-5 hours with, "what would you like for dinner?" Or meaningful texts.
If your grounded he is most likely to feel less anxious.

Space Phantom

10,900 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200
What is his compulsion? I'd need to know that before I could help.

Friendly Gaian

7,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Millionaire 200
br0wneyed-babe
Basically what the title says. We're looking for therapists for him at the moment. But when he's having an anxiety attack or it's really bad, I don't know what to do. I worry about him a lot and if he doesn't text back I think of all the horrible things that could have happened to him. I'm worried he might hurt himself, even though he assured me he wouldn't. I just hate seeing him like this.

Anyone have experience in this and have advice?

I'm sorry you are going through this sweetheart, but don't worry- there are plenty of resources and venues at your disposal that are available to help you help your boyfriend with anxiety.
As far as therapy is concerned, it can get pretty expensive if it can't be covered by insurance.

I do have some questions for you, if you don't mind. My first question is, what sorts of things trigger your boyfriends anxiety? Is his job stressful? Is he sort of disorganized or not know what to do most of the time? Or just falls into a bout of depression for no reason? Questions like these answered in the best detail possible, that way I can give you the best knowledge I have to help you help your boyfriend through these struggles so you will know exactly what to do and say to make him feel better.

Wolf

discuss with him what he would find helpful. everyone is different.

good luck heart
br0wneyed-babe

I've had some experience with OCD and anxiety attacks in my days of volunteering with special needs and I don't mean to offend, discredit or put anyone down, but sometimes the kids were faking it. And I'm not talking about elementary school aged I'm talking college aged. If he is genuinely having anxiety attacks then I suggest you back off and give him some breathing room. It will only make things worse. I wish you guys the best of luck though as you figure it all out.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff