Welcome to Gaia! ::

o.o

o: 1 100.0% [ 11 ]
Total Votes:[ 11 ]

Recently, my husband and I found out that everything he's been told about his heritage from his dad's side might be a lie. His dad is a known liar, and his mom wouldn't know anything (because she'd have been told by his dad=lies). So, my husband's pride for his heritage is in question, and this is making him seriously depressed (I'm sure you can imagine what its like o.o).

What I want to know is, how do we go for a blood test to see what races he is? Where and how much money? And how? Its really important that we find out, not only for his sake but for the future children we will have.

I'd really appreciate help.

Dangerous Reveler

7,050 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
In all honesty, I'm not sure that's even possible. Race isn't a fixed biological category. It's actually pretty superficial.

You can test for certain diseases, such as sickle-cell malaria, which is most common in those descended from people in sub-Saharan Africa, but I would be extremely wary of anyone who can claim to tell you your race based on a blood test.
turbid blue
In all honesty, I'm not sure that's even possible. Race isn't a fixed biological category. It's actually pretty superficial.

You can test for certain diseases, such as sickle-cell malaria, which is most common in those descended from people in sub-Saharan Africa, but I would be extremely wary of anyone who can claim to tell you your race based on a blood test.
But I thought there was a test now...I heard about it on the news.... ):

Dangerous Reveler

7,050 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
You could try this, but it isn't a blood test.
its not a blood test anymore, they test DNA. Its not entirely accurate but you can look up information and call to see who can help you, or discuss it with your family doctor
turbid blue
If its not a blood test then what is it o.o?

I'll talk to my husband about this site, though.

We're also trying to find his ancestors, but we don't know how far we'll get... Everything seems to cost so much money... but since its my husband's pride, I'm willing to do anything for him....
LittleOksana
its not a blood test anymore, they test DNA. Its not entirely accurate but you can look up information and call to see who can help you, or discuss it with your family doctor
Looking up the information is what I need help with. I am completely clueless about this kind of stuff o.o'

Dangerous Reveler

7,050 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
Cohcho the Empress
turbid blue

We're also trying to find his ancestors, but we don't know how far we'll get... Everything seems to cost so much money... but since its my husband's pride, I'm willing to do anything for him....

Saliva. Mouth swab.
turbid blue
Cohcho the Empress
turbid blue

Saliva. Mouth swab.
Okays, thanks.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas