Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Fatcat

Warning! Long post!

So I liked this guy and asked him out to homecoming in October and let's just say I was so embarrassed when he said yes that I fell down some stairs. I had liked him for a few months before and we got close because he was friends with one of my friends. I knew he liked me too, and we had a blast at homecoming. He's one year older than me though and junior year is really stressful for most people. He has a bunch to do after school because he's an officer for a club and he has APUSH (AP US history.) So after homecoming he and I drifted a bit because we were both busy. I still liked him a lot though. I confessed to him on Valentine's day (yes, I know I'm lame.) At that time he started hanging around his old friends a lot and it so happens that most of his friends are girls. So, like the immature teenager I am, I got a bit jealous. I didn't say much though. When I confessed I just said that I liked him more than a friend and that I sort of get jealous when he's constantly hanging with other girls when we barely said anything to each other.
He told me that he would think about it. After a week or so I asked him if he was still thinking about it and he said by the latest he'd tell me by my birthday. He told me he'd take me out to watch a movie on my birthday. So, naturally I thought he would say he liked me back. He sent mixed messages for two and a half months and...

Fast forward to now...

So, yay I turned 16 today, one more step towards adulthood and all that stuff.
Today I went to see Avengers, it was awesome, with him and some of my other friends. He drove my friends and I home. He drove me home last and in the car he brought it up and said "sorry." His only reason for not rejecting me earlier was that "he was avoiding it till now." He "didn't want to think about it." I made him drop me off before we even got to my house and I walked home. I don't understand why he thought today was just the perfect day to reject me.

I feel terrible. I don't know what to do.
You'll pull through this, it'll just take time. Happy Birthday.

Tipsy Prophet

-shrug- Not much you can do. Eat a pint of ice-cream and watch a sappy movie? I mean, you had to see it coming. Two months to just think about maybe possibly even a little bit liking someone is not a good sign. Doesn't make either of you bad people, just that the doesn't like you as anything more than a friend.

mikedav17's Waifu

That's terrible. Why on earth would he want to wait till your birthday, the one day that's suppose to be good to give you bad news? If you ask me, even if he didn't want to be your bf, that wasn't a very nice thing to do as a friend. Forget about him sweetheart, your way better off without him.

Dapper Millionaire

Some people don't like confrontation and that's probably why he put it off for so long, it doesn't make him a bad person. Maybe try remaining friends? You'll heal from this with time.
Happy Birthday, btw 3nodding
Stranger59
You'll pull through this, it'll just take time.

In my experience, people who say this are just saying it to make you feel better.
redroosters
Stranger59

In my experience, people who say this are just saying it to make you feel better.

So, you think I should say "You're life is friggin' over because you were rejected by one boy at 16! Start buying cats in bulk!"

One boy, she's 16. She'll know lots of love and loss in her life, as will we all. I don't know exactly how young you are, but I wager it's not enough to justify an opinion counter that mine. She'll pull through, and has a lot of happy times ahead of her.
Stranger59
redroosters
Stranger59

So, you think I should say "You're life is friggin' over because you were rejected by one boy at 16! Start buying cats in bulk!"

One boy, she's 16. She'll know lots of love and loss in her life, as will we all. I don't know exactly how young you are, but I wager it's not enough to justify an opinion counter that mine. She'll pull through, and has a lot of happy times ahead of her.

It's foolish to try and predict someone's future. She could have a happy life, she could get hit by a bus tomorrow.
Nicer 16th than me.

And rejection suck. But I assure you that you will have many more hardships ahead.
Also... Goddamned REVENGE. Tell everyone you two did something and he has a tiny p***s.

Witty Smoker

Sweetie, he's a teenager too.
No one is perfect,
and his avoidance should have tipped you off.
If he's willing to behave like this,
you are better off without him.
Life is short, so enjoy it.
Don't let some crappy boy get you down.
Let yourself grieve, and move on.
There are other boys,
and a lot of things left in life for you.
Don't let mean behavior ruin your birthday.
It's your 16th!
Celebrate!!

And happy birthday, hon.

Shameless Gawker

Stranger59
You'll pull through this, it'll just take time. Happy Birthday.

rofl

Timid Fatcat

Thank you everyone. I know you all are complete strangers that I'll probably never know and meet but thank you. I feel much, much better right now. I can't thank you all enough for the sweet messages.

I realize that him and I would never work out and I feel surprisingly free. I think I was burdening myself just for this one guy. There was a lot I disliked about him but I looked past it and liked him whole heartily, but foolishly. I guess if he can't look past his dislikes about me the same way and because he is oblivious to things I think is common sense... It's for the best.

Thank you so much. Now I can look back and say my 16th wasn't too bad. :]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces