Welcome to Gaia! ::

So, I'm on bc and I'm aware that the last 7 pills are placebo. I believe I'm supposed to finish it even if they dont work. Will I get pregnant if I do it with my bf unprotected? If he cums inside me?
The last 7 pills are just "reminder" pills so you don't break your habit of taking the pill, they won't do anything.

Double check the pamphlet that comes with your medication, but I haven't taken placebo pills in years. I know in Europe a lot of the packets just come with three weeks of active pills and then you take a week off.

So in short, yes you should be fine. But just double check since I don't know that all pills are like that.
freelance lover
The last 7 pills are just "reminder" pills so you don't break your habit of taking the pill, they won't do anything.

Double check the pamphlet that comes with your medication, but I haven't taken placebo pills in years. I know in Europe a lot of the packets just come with three weeks of active pills and then you take a week off.

So in short, yes you should be fine. But just double check since I don't know that all pills are like that.

"take a week off". Does that mean they're still protected even though they're not on pill for that week?
Placebo pills are there just so you can keep in the habit of taking them everyday. But they do sell it in 21 packages for those who dont. so no you dont need to take them, as long as you are sure that you will take your next pack on time.

Since you are on the pill, you wouldnt be having unprotected sex. You are protected, and the time where you have placebos is when you have your period, so no you shouldnt be able to get pregnant since your body shouldnt be ovulating at that time anyways. However if you want to not worry, as many people get paranoid, it isnt that hard to use a condom.
yuukicross55
freelance lover

"take a week off". Does that mean they're still protected even though they're not on pill for that week?

Yes, you're still protected for the week you're not on your pill. You have to go off the pill for a period to occur, but because of the hormones you typically won't release an egg, meaning you can't get pregnant.

Take a look through the informational slip that comes in the pill packet. It's pretty informative and tells you when you need to use protections, what to do it you miss a day, etc etc.

Familiar Hunter

11,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Object of Affection 150
yuukicross55
So, I'm on bc and I'm aware that the last 7 pills are placebo. I believe I'm supposed to finish it even if they dont work. Will I get pregnant if I do it with my bf unprotected? If he cums inside me?
They are just to keep you on a schedule, honestly. You don't even need to take them if you don't want to. Oh, and you can have sex without a condom now if you want. You have finished the first month, so you are safe.

Space Phantom

10,900 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200
if you can remember to start up again after the placebo week, you don't have to, and you're probably as protected as you can get on the pill. those are just so you get your period so you have a reminder it worked. they even have some where they give you three months of active pills and only one placebo week, because you don't medically need a period, it's done to give women peace of mind.

i'm not a doctor, and it would probably be wise to talk to one if you're unsure, but i think you're ok not taking it even if your boyfriend orgasms. you just have to remember to start up again once the placebo week is up

Bashful Bookworm

I don't recommend having sex with your man without a condom unless you've been through at least your first months pack.
As long as your placebo pills have 0 hormones in them (check the pack or ask your doctor) you can skip out on taking them.
This is the week you're supposed to get your period. Regardless if you take the placebos or skip them, your body will be telling itself its time to start your period. Your pills should also have taken effect by this time and as long as you start your next pack on time you're still protected.
So in short, as long as you've been taking them correctly, they should still have their ~97% effecientcy during this time.
Stephnananana

I don't recommend having sex with your man without a condom unless you've been through at least your first months pack.
As long as your placebo pills have 0 hormones in them (check the pack or ask your doctor) you can skip out on taking them.
This is the week you're supposed to get your period. Regardless if you take the placebos or skip them, your body will be telling itself its time to start your period. Your pills should also have taken effect by this time and as long as you start your next pack on time you're still protected.
So in short, as long as you've been taking them correctly, they should still have their ~97% effecientcy during this time.

I'm aware that I'm supposed to get my period at this time, but i highly doubt I will get it. I started the first sunday I had my period then a week after taking the pills (first saturday of the month), I had my period again.

Edgy Fatcat

11,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Magical Girl 50
Never have sex without a condom. It only takes one time to get pregnant and unless you're willing to risk getting pregnant ALWAYS use a condom.

Blackberry Heartilly
Never have sex without a condom. It only takes one time to get pregnant and unless you're willing to risk getting pregnant ALWAYS use a condom.

I've been having sex without condom on lately.. hopefully, I wont get pregnant..

Lavish Loiterer

Blackberry Heartilly

Or a better birth control. Condoms are optional.
Mae Lovelyn
Blackberry Heartilly

A better birth control? And, I kinda hate condoms lol

Lavish Loiterer

yuukicross55
Mae Lovelyn
Blackberry Heartilly

A better birth control? And, I kinda hate condoms lol

Besides the pill and depo, there's the mirena IUD and implanon (the arm implant). Both have a 1% chance at failing, but not everyone has the same reaction to it. My aunt was on mirena but the bloating and bleeding wouldn't stop. I was on depo but the mood swings and weight gain were horrendous, so I switched to implanon, but my sex drive died and my face was a mess of acne. I'm back on the pill--on Sprintec now since it's supposed to mellow out my previous problems with being on higher hormone dosages.

Bashful Bookworm

yuukicross55
I'm aware that I'm supposed to get my period at this time, but i highly doubt I will get it. I started the first sunday I had my period then a week after taking the pills (first saturday of the month), I had my period again.

Is this your first months pack you just finished? If so your period should be regular by next month or the one after. BC doesn't take full effect until after the first month, which is why you should be using condoms.

Don't forget that BC is only ~97% effective and you can still get pregnant while using them. If you forget to take pills on time a lot that effeminacy goes down. If you fear you could be pregnant, wait until your next missed period (or even if you have spotting) and take a test.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff