Welcome to Gaia! ::

2,650 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Invisibility 100
ugh sweatdrop its that time of year again up here, summer. don't get me wrong but i like the sunny weather but i just don't like the fact my skin turns 3-4 shades darker gonk im doing track and i love the great excercise outside but my exposed skin areas burn, even if i slab on tons of sports sun screen spf 30 on my exposed areas and face, i still look darker,

im asian and have light tawny skin, so does my skin color have to do with how easily i burn? i see some white kids i know have no probs with it, though some are trying to tan themselves sweatdrop

theres this end of the school formal celebration dance and i don't want to be wearing a dress to show off some parts of my body lighter then others gonk

i don't understand why im still burning when i have sunscreen on already xp help here? anyone other type of sun screen i should use or just anything gonk
Queen Arwen
ugh sweatdrop its that time of year again up in the N.Eastern area, summer don't get me wrong but i like teh sunny weather but i just don't like the fact my skin turns 3-4 shades darker gonk im doing track adn i love teh great excercise outside but my exposed skin areas burn, even if i slab on tons of sports sun screen spf 30, on my exposed areas and face but i still look darker,

im asian and have light tawny skin, so does my skin color have to do with how easily i burn? i see some white kids i know have no probs with it, though some are trying to tan themselves sweatdrop

theres this end of the school formal celebration dance and i don't want to be wearing a dress to show off some parts of my body lighter then others gonk

i don't understand why im still burning when i have sunscreen on already xp help here? anyone other type of sun screen i should use or just anything gonk

you should get factor 60 and apply every 30mins,then there shouldnt be any chance of burning
I'll ignore your seriously lacking grammar (I didn't know that had dances in preschool).

Yes. An Asian complexion does get darker easily (At least you don't sunburn crying ).
<center>I'm asian, too.
I guess our skin just had the tendancy to get dark easily.
Sunscreen doesn't always work for me.

If you use a high SPF it might help a bit.
But all I can say is stay out of the sun when you can.</center>
Yeah, just use a SPF 50 or something, that's what I use...
Maybe try a sunblock with SPF 45 or 50. They make it for people who ski and stuff like that. Also make sure you put it on a half hour before you go outside so it will be effective. Other than that, maybe you can use some sunless tanner to make the rest of your skin even for the dance.
well im asian also but i dont have a prob wit burning or tanning because it takes a long time for mah skin to do eitheri know a lota white kids and it doesnt bug mi because im almost as white as them. i advise yu to use XPF reelly high number, and that should work. i use xpf 15 when i play tennis, but that is just because mah skin doesnt get dark....at all.alot of ppl try to get tan any way.....mah couzin would say that yu have been blessed with amazing skin....(she is always tryin to tan.)just b happy with the skin yuv got!

2,650 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Invisibility 100
Excel Ichigo
I'll ignore your seriously lacking grammar (I didn't know that had dances in preschool).

Yes. An Asian complexion does get darker easily (At least you don't sunburn crying ).

stare sorry about my "lacking grammar" i was rushing to type this since i had to get off the friggin computer because my older sister needed it rolleyes

but thanx for the info

2,650 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Invisibility 100
okie i guess i should get a higher spf, but i heard the higher you go, the more bad it is for your skin? is that true? sweatdrop
I'm Floridian. So don't complain about the sun -_-; Lol. Anyways, just go and lay out, putting sunblock on your already exposed areas(the ones that are dark). Even out your tan. You can't truthfully keep yourself from tanning no matter the SPF, so just go and even it out occasionally. It's what I have to do. Except I'm part native american and I tan a funny color. Like tan/gold/olive. Anyways. Just even it out. And still wear sunblock when running and doing outside activities.
in away, yes the pigment in your skin does affect how burnt you get. albeno people for example, wouldnt have a good lifestyle living in a sunny place like Africa because they would have to stay in the shade. that's probably why people from generally sunny countries are darker than those from dark, cloudy places. look at Russia compared to Africa

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff