Welcome to Gaia! ::

Familiar Hunter

5,050 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
So my boyfriend and I have been dating for 3 months now, we're both 18 and getting our lives started. He lives ibn florida andafter is gointhe to college there, while I currentlywas live in texas with my mom and step dad (only turned 18 a few months ago). When we first started dating everything was amazing, there wasn't a silent moment in our calls and when I visited, everything was like a dream, but since we're both introverted, thre was a lot of quiet... well, I met his room mate and he and I started talking and ended up talking about really deep stuff before my bf got back and we both stopped talking about our feelings. In the two hours that my bf was gone, his room mate had found out more about my past than I ever want my bf to know. That was the first time I doubted anything. When I went back to Texas, the calls got quieter and quieter until it was mostly just sending eahother links... in the mean time, I've been holding a job, but finding it hard to keep going here, every second that I live in my stepdad's house the worse I feel and the more I want to give up on life. Due to nearly silent calls and my general lack of interest in talking to him, i'm really starting to doubt that we can be anything, but I need out of this house and he seems like the only way out...

TL;DR: i'm doubting my relationship with my boyfriend, but he's my only escape out of a place that brings mass amounts if depression. (Also, might have a crush on his roommate) What do.

Hellraiser

You can't rely on someone else for happiness, you have to find it for yourself.
If you're starting to doubt it just cause you have a crush on someone else. Feelings don't shut off while in a relationship.

It might be best to just be single and get some help, it wouldn't be fair to either guy.

What do you want to do with your life? Like you have a job, which is great, but it sounds like you arent doing that for yourself but to get to this dude. And its been only 3 months, you souldnt be planning your life around a guy you barely have dated (or ever really).

It almost sounds like you are into the idea of being with someone but not into your boyfriend.

Familiar Hunter

5,050 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Thanks guys. And honestly, over the past two or so weeks i've come to terms with breaking up with him, but the fact that the longer I stay living with my parents the worse my depression is going to get. I just constantly feel like a failure and I don't know how long I can tale that... I can still be his friend., but he likes me more than I like him. I just know moving over there will make that feeling of failure go away...
It sounds like you're considering moving out of state to live with him? As tough as it is where you are…that would be a bad…BAD idea especially since you're already contemplating breaking up with him. If you've already moved your life to be where he is you may just have to pick between being on the street and being miserable living with him and not being able to escape.

Sit down, figure out what you want to do in life long term, break those goals into bite size chunks, figure out what you need to do to get where you want. This is a hard part of your life, take it one day at a time.

Van Cane's Princess

Ruthless Vampire

9,450 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
Focus on your job and work on getting yourself out of that place, don't rely on some other guy who it is not exactly working out with. I say just break up with him because it looks like you have both lost interest already, and work on bettering yourself to get out of your step dad's household.

Enduring Survivor

17,575 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Cynical Passion
So my boyfriend and I have been dating for 3 months now, we're both 18 and getting our lives started. He lives ibn florida andafter is gointhe to college there, while I currentlywas live in texas with my mom and step dad (only turned 18 a few months ago). When we first started dating everything was amazing, there wasn't a silent moment in our calls and when I visited, everything was like a dream, but since we're both introverted, thre was a lot of quiet... well, I met his room mate and he and I started talking and ended up talking about really deep stuff before my bf got back and we both stopped talking about our feelings. In the two hours that my bf was gone, his room mate had found out more about my past than I ever want my bf to know. That was the first time I doubted anything. When I went back to Texas, the calls got quieter and quieter until it was mostly just sending eahother links... in the mean time, I've been holding a job, but finding it hard to keep going here, every second that I live in my stepdad's house the worse I feel and the more I want to give up on life. Due to nearly silent calls and my general lack of interest in talking to him, i'm really starting to doubt that we can be anything, but I need out of this house and he seems like the only way out...

TL;DR: i'm doubting my relationship with my boyfriend, but he's my only escape out of a place that brings mass amounts if depression. (Also, might have a crush on his roommate) What do.

You had an emotional affair. You may not have meant to or planned it but it happened. DO NOT stay with your bf if you are only doing so to get out of your parent's house. keep a job, save up, move out on your own if you want to but don't throw away your life because I promise you as you grow and mature things you feel now concerning getting free from rents will fade somewhat. Also, if you feel too stressed at home use part of your money to buy yourself a nite or two at a hotel.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff