Welcome to Gaia! ::

I've had a sty before. This one isn't it. Plus as far as I know, a sty doesn't normally grow where my bump is. A while ago a white bump formed on my eyelid. The skin part. Like under my eyebrow but above my lash line towards the inner corner. It's too big to be milia - those little white bumps people sometimes get. I looks like a legit white-head. I'm thinking maybe some bacteria from my makeup got on there or something. I am completely baffled. This morning I put some Proactiv spot treatment on it (just on the area) but it started to sting so I stopped. I've tried picking at it a tiny bit but it hurts like hell. Anyone know how to deal with this? I just feel silly going to a dermatologist or something over something as trivial as a zit. >.>

Timid Browser

I'd wait a few days to see how it goes, and if none of your acne treatments seem to be helping, I'd just go see a regular doctor about it. I had a friend in college who actually got a cyst on her eyelid, and she had to get it drained in the hospital. Just refrain from picking at it too much for now (beyond treating it.)
I have a pimple on there now. Hurt for a while... Not so much now. Another bit of face washing should take it away. So I really don't mind. And neither should you.

Unless it starts telling you to kill people.
Porcelain Deity
I'd wait a few days to see how it goes, and if none of your acne treatments seem to be helping, I'd just go see a regular doctor about it. I had a friend in college who actually got a cyst on her eyelid, and she had to get it drained in the hospital. Just refrain from picking at it too much for now (beyond treating it.)
It's definitely not a cyst. D: I've looked up pictures of that online. It's not swollen or anything and you can't even tell it's there unless I close my eye or point it out. >.< I've had it for weeks though. Maybe I should just go see someone..

Dapper Werewolf

4,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Gender Swap 100
Princess Kitaaa
I've had a sty before. This one isn't it. Plus as far as I know, a sty doesn't normally grow where my bump is. A while ago a white bump formed on my eyelid. The skin part. Like under my eyebrow but above my lash line towards the inner corner. It's too big to be milia - those little white bumps people sometimes get. I looks like a legit white-head. I'm thinking maybe some bacteria from my makeup got on there or something. I am completely baffled. This morning I put some Proactiv spot treatment on it (just on the area) but it started to sting so I stopped. I've tried picking at it a tiny bit but it hurts like hell. Anyone know how to deal with this? I just feel silly going to a dermatologist or something over something as trivial as a zit. >.>

Yes, it is possible to have a pimple on your actual eyelid. In February, I got one on my actual lash line between my lashes and the crease. It was painful for two days and then on the third day, after much complaining and worry, I decided to pop it. Only clear fluid came out, so nothing was infected. If you can pop it (i.e: it comes to a full head) and nothing really comes out, you are fine. I hope this helped!

Dapper Millionaire

People can get pimples/zits in the weirdest areas, so it seems like it'd be possible, but not common.

6,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Signature Look 250
It could be a fatty deposit. My whole family has those on their eyelids.

EDIT: You're really pretty, btw. emotion_dowant

Fashionable Explorer

8,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
You can get pimples anywhere that you have pores.
Where you have skin, you have pores.
So. it very well could be a pimple.
I wouldn't be worried about it hurting like hell, it is very delicate tissue around your eye.

Keep an eye on it, there really isn't much you can do but wait it out, if it already has a head on it then it shouldn't be too long until it pops.

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Naterbee
I wouldn't be worried about it hurting like hell, it is very delicate tissue around your eye.

Keep an eye on it, there really isn't much you can do but wait it out, if it already has a head on it then it shouldn't be too long until it pops.
And I'm going to hell for laughing at that. sweatdrop
Okay. It is likely a pimple in a delicate place, hence why it hurts like hell. Keep the area clean (probably best to not put make-up on it, if you can manage). Keep using the spot treatment, and if you are certain you won't get it in your eye, I've heard tea-tree oil can help (astringent, anti-bacterial...will help it from getting worse and help your body heal). You'd probably be fine just applying that with a Q-tip. If it gets larger and your eye starts to hurt, the area gets super red or discolored, see a doc. Good luck, hope it dies a quick and painless (for you) death.

Fashionable Explorer

8,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
xXFurygeistXx
Naterbee

And I'm going to hell for laughing at that. sweatdrop
Okay. It is likely a pimple in a delicate place, hence why it hurts like hell. Keep the area clean (probably best to not put make-up on it, if you can manage). Keep using the spot treatment, and if you are certain you won't get it in your eye, I've heard tea-tree oil can help (astringent, anti-bacterial...will help it from getting worse and help your body heal). You'd probably be fine just applying that with a Q-tip. If it gets larger and your eye starts to hurt, the area gets super red or discolored, see a doc. Good luck, hope it dies a quick and painless (for you) death.

Yeaaah, I kinda read that after I posted it and thought "Well, that was unintentional."
xD
Mahalla
It could be a fatty deposit. My whole family has those on their eyelids.

EDIT: You're really pretty, btw. emotion_dowant
Aw thank you you're so sweet. <3 So are you, lovely. (:

Also thanks to everyone who replied. ><
It's still not going away so I'm just going to go to a dermatologist.
It seems easiest/quickest in light of waiting WEEKS for this thing to go away on its own. -__-
I've had the same thing before, but it was like under my eyelid...well not really. just on the small area under my eyelashes. It wasn't really a pimple, I think it was a sty. I think the reason for this was because I must have gotten mascara on the area and it got irritated, so I ran my eye under cold water for 10 minutes, then held a cloth over my eye for awhile, waited a few days and then it was gone. Your best bet is waiting it out, if I were you I'd just leave it alone so it doesn't get even more irritated. Hope this helps. D: Good luck.

Fluffy Allegiant

8,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Clambake 200
I had a one right on the lashline
I'll tell you what I did when I had one! Though I don't suggest following it.

I popped it, and put tea-tree oil on it and it was gone the next day. Bad idea though. I wasn't even thinking and the tea-tree oil got in my eye which stung with probably the same burning sensation as eating hot chili peppers ON MY EYEBALL. If you can face the raging pain, do what I did. But if you wanna be smart, don't! c:

Invisible Phantom

I always look like a devil....User Image
User Image

mee too!! the same thing happen to me yesterday and seriously it sting a lot! >.< but today, i dont see it anymore.. all i did yesterday was i wash my face and then im using a wet tissue to rub it before i had facial treatment.. i got scolded there because i rub it coz i might scratch my eyes or something like that.. ._." User Image

..But i do have a heart of an angelUser Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces