I summon thee.
Can't wait?

Genius

9,750 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Cold Sandstorm
Once the kid is old enough to go to school - s**t will hit the fan.
Probably.

Genius

9,750 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Foxydoe
I wonder how I would've turned out had I been born to someone who'd actually wanted me.

My birth mother did drugs (not marijuana) & I'm told when I was born I was unresponsive, & they thought I was blind 'cause my eyes wouldn't focus or follow movement. They tell me I just snapped out of it one day & started reacting to things like normal; the woman who adopted me says it was a miracle, heh. My kidneys were ******** up too, had to have surgery to fix 'em. That I do remember, unpleasant s**t.

I think the heavier s**t has a higher chance of just killing you outright, but weed & alcohol are both depressants. It won't show in a newborn, but once they start to develop, fetal alcohol syndrome kids have pretty distinct features:
User Image
And they develop slower. They're much slower at picking up/retaining information.

That baby might appear to be "fine" right now, but it's developmentally ******** never wanted to be a mom. She's just a social media attentionwhore really. It's been 9 months of parties.

Greedy Giver

fetal alcohol syndrome is a real thing (dur), theres lot of studies on it and proof of the negative effects of alcohol consumption during pregnancy, particularly early pregnancy and the first trimester where things are just starting to come together, binge drinking that that point can possibly lead to serious mental/physical effects and no they may not be apparent at birth
still, this wasn't known until the later half of the 20th century so your parents/grandparents were most likely exposed to regular doses of alcohol while in their mother's womb and they didn't turn out so bad, did they? Just some food for thought before you go getting your panties all in a bunch about the choices of others that don't have any affect on you.

As far as marijuana, well, thats a hard one to answer because of how research on it is treated, especially where babies are concerned (understandable if not forgivable), there is really not a whole lot out there to have a fully conclusive answer on whether its bad/neutral/good
BUT what we do know for sure is that marijuana is just about the safest drug out there and that there are numerous positive therapeutic benefits to its use (also understudied), though I'm assuming we all know the obvious such as cannabis can cure cancer, there is no possible way to overdose on it, ect.
We are only now beginning to understand the role of our endocannibinoid system, but we do know that stimulation with exogenus cannabinoids can have a potent effect on pituitary and hypothalimic neuroregulation. That right there suggests that there are most likely positive benefits to maternal health in pregnancy, and last I knew there have been studies in recent years showing how it can actually help in embryonic implantation, healthy placenta formation and increased stem cell turnover. As far as the effects on babes, I have no idea but I have yet to see sound data suggesting potential adverse effects.
I cannot stress enough how lacking our scientific understanding is here, there are so many misleading studies when it comes to the effects of cannabis it can be really hard to sort it out! Combine that with the already difficult, contradictory and controversial realm of drug use in human pregnancy and basically what we know is a big cloud of grey.
Out of the little bit we do have, much has horrible methods that include insignificant populations or countless uncontrolled variables or they're retrospective studies that are inaccurate by nature (people are not always completely forthcoming with admissions of their illegal behavior, even if they are people are prone to lapse in memory and may give inaccurate information, not to mention the countless uncontrolled variables as mentioned before. Much of that either has to do with the nature of researching drug use during pregnancy or it is the cause of all the funding going towards those who set out to give politicians reasons why marihuana must remain a schedule one drug (because of course that could never backfire rofl )

Shameless Man-Lover

The effects probably won't show themselves for some time. My mother smoked with my little brother, and he was low birth weight and born early. He seemed fine for a while, until he got old enough to talk and walk and actually function, and now I am pretty sure that he has some form of ADHD. Or, at the very least, he's got some leaning problems.
My mother did shitloads of pot, mushrooms, ketamine, and LSD while pregnant with me. I turned out alright.

Wheezing Prophet

the kid will come out craving some dank nugs
Faerie Dreams
Weed has not been proven to do any harm if used lightly throughout pregnancy.
None. At all.
Some people say it can cause problems with trouble focusing and stuff like that, but really how many kids these days are diagnosed add and adhd just cause they're kids and doctors are prescription happy?
YOU DO NOT HAVE WITHDRAWALS FROM MARIJUANA USE, it's not like crack or heroin, and is not addictive at all in that sense.
But it probably shouldn't be used heavily and only from legit sources and only for issues such as extreme "morning" sickness

***disclaimer, I stopped using drugs before my first son was even thought of***

Now alcohol use, is a big no, because babies can have withdrawal, just as any alcoholic would. And there's high risk of fetal alcohol syndrome which can manifest as a variety of disabilities.
But many obgyns do not forbid a glass of red wine occasionally during the 2nd and 3rd trimester

Nor has it been proven to be safe if used throughout pregnancy; the direct effects of cannabis use on the foetus are uncertain and may well be harmful. Also cannabis use is associated with smoking tobacco which is known to be harmful to both foetus and mother. Therefore it's clearly a wise decision to not smoke at all throughout pregnancy.

As for cannabis use in adolescence? Well thanks to a high quality study that was recently published, there's pretty clear evidence that it's associated with poor academic achievement and despite what you claim, a potential for addiction and dependence, unlike your accusation with regards to doctors' collective diagnosing and prescribing habits, which is based off nothing but your opinion and a lack of understanding and misinterpretation. So save yourself the trouble of typing and everyone of reading rubbish and put the arrogance aside for a moment and - as everyone with a smidgen of sense always says - leave the diagnosis and treatment of disorders to the professionals.

Oh the irony that you a-ok cannabis use at any point in pregnancy, but not what is considered to be safe alcohol consumption during a low-risk period of pregnancy (if you knew what you were talking about, you'd realise why the general advice is as it is) but it's much more convenient to say those dumb doctors just don't know any better right? In fact, as much as it pains me to say, I think you've stumbled upon medicine's dirty secret; all those obstetricians are secretly in the business of alcohol induced abortions, symmetrical growth retardation and dependence...and suppressing the dawn of the weed supplemented super baby, impervious to cancer and with a lifespan of 200 years. Keep digging and you'll be sure to find out why. Fight the power yo! lol

Sparkly Duck

Faerie Dreams
None. At all.
Some people say it can cause problems with trouble focusing and stuff like that, but really how many kids these days are diagnosed add and adhd just cause they're kids and doctors are prescription happy?
YOU DO NOT HAVE WITHDRAWALS FROM MARIJUANA USE, it's not like crack or heroin, and is not addictive at all in that sense.
But it probably shouldn't be used heavily and only from legit sources and only for issues such as extreme "morning" sickness

My knee jerk reaction is to just...take 25 gold away from you. Tip me for reading this.

The OP said, unless I'm mistaken, that the marijuana use was heavy.

Look at Foxydoe's post for pretty basic info, which is really all you need to see. Many things have gone wrong in the development of this child and I really fear for it. His mom ******** him.

Lucky Star

MegaTurkey
Faerie Dreams
None. At all.

Now alcohol use, is a big no, because babies can have withdrawal, just as any alcoholic would. And there's high risk of fetal alcohol syndrome which can manifest as a variety of disabilities.
But many obgyns do not forbid a glass of red wine occasionally during the 2nd and 3rd trimester

Nor has it been proven to be safe if used throughout pregnancy; the direct effects of cannabis use on the foetus are uncertain and may well be harmful. Also cannabis use is associated with smoking tobacco which is known to be harmful to both foetus and mother. Therefore it's clearly a wise decision to not smoke at all throughout pregnancy.

As for cannabis use in adolescence? Well thanks to a high quality study that was recently published, there's pretty clear evidence that it's associated with poor academic achievement and despite what you claim, a potential for addiction and dependence, unlike your accusation with regards to doctors' collective diagnosing and prescribing habits, which is based off nothing but your opinion and a lack of understanding and misinterpretation. So save yourself the trouble of typing and everyone of reading rubbish and put the arrogance aside for a moment and - as everyone with a smidgen of sense always says - leave the diagnosis and treatment of disorders to the professionals.

Oh the irony that you a-ok cannabis use at any point in pregnancy, but not what is considered to be safe alcohol consumption during a low-risk period of pregnancy (if you knew what you were talking about, you'd realise why the general advice is as it is) but it's much more convenient to say those dumb doctors just don't know any better right? In fact, as much as it pains me to say, I think you've stumbled upon medicine's dirty secret; all those obstetricians are secretly in the business of alcohol induced abortions, symmetrical growth retardation and dependence...and suppressing the dawn of the weed supplemented super baby, impervious to cancer and with a lifespan of 200 years. Keep digging and you'll be sure to find out why. Fight the power yo! lol

I believe I said a glass of red wine occasionally during the second and third trimester is ok, but heavily drinking is not.
It's also true that sooooo many kids get diagnosed add and adhd for little to no reason at all these days, it's quite the epidemic.
And how is cannabis use associated with tobacco use? I used to smoke weed every day and never once touched a cigarette, as many people I know did too. They aren't even close to the same.
But since smoking diminishes oxygen going to the baby, it's more recommended for use as edibles or vaping during pregnancy. Cause some doctors do in fact ok the use of medicinal marijuana while pregnant, it is much healthier and less harmful to the baby than zofran and vicodin are.

How many kids have you had? How many ob gyns or midwives have you had discussions with hun? I do actually know what I'm talking about.

Lucky Star

Compound Me
Faerie Dreams
None. At all.

My knee jerk reaction is to just...take 25 gold away from you. Tip me for reading this.

The OP said, unless I'm mistaken, that the marijuana use was heavy.

Look at Foxydoe's post for pretty basic info, which is really all you need to see. Many things have gone wrong in the development of this child and I really fear for it. His mom ******** him.

Fetal alcohol syndrome is a very real possibility as I did say, but I'll tip you that 25 gold anyways

Hygienic Wolf

Why would you even bother with kids if your still living that life?

Sparkly Duck

Faerie Dreams

Fetal alcohol syndrome is a very real possibility as I did say, but I'll tip you that 25 gold anyways

Mad props sista. Real respect up in here.

Frankly I wouldn't condone any drugs outside of a doctor's order. Some things are obviously safe and proven but any grey area I'd consider the best practice to be no practice.

Lucky Star

MegaTurkey

Also want to add, that since adhd and the like can't be tested for at birth there are soooooo many different things that can contribute to it in the child's life between birth and school age. So there is actually absolutely no way to prove its from marijuana use while pregnant.

Lucky Star

Compound Me
Faerie Dreams

Mad props sista. Real respect up in here.

Frankly I wouldn't condone any drugs outside of a doctor's order. Some things are obviously safe and proven but any grey area I'd consider the best practice to be no practice.

Oh yes of course drugs shouldn't be used while pregnant unless a doctor says it's ok.

But my point pretty much is marijuana is the only recreational drug that doctors woudd say is alright to use, you'd never find a doctor saying "do heroin to help you relax" or "if you don't have energy snort some coke"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff