Welcome to Gaia! ::

my question. I've suffered with anxiety for a few years, originating from my PTSD,
and It's unbearable anymore. I've tried staying busy. school. work. the things I love.
the people I love. and I also have depression, which I'm working through. but everything gets worse.
I don't know what to do anymore.
any advice?

mature please.
Maybe a change of scenery is what you need.
vera kyoro
I've been in here for over twelve hours.
they are all robots.
they have no hearts.

I just thought you'd like to know.
if they can't get into cardio cases,
or anything to do with staples.

we. teens. don't. matter.

your still trying to save a life god damnit.

my question. I've suffered with anxiety for a few years, originating from my PTSD,
and It's unbearable anymore. I've tried staying busy. school. work. the things I love.
the people I love. and I also have depression, which I'm working through. but everything gets worse.
any advice?

mature please.

Take a step back, and assess: why are things getting worse? Are you pushing yourself too hard? Are you not using healthy coping mechanisms? Are you just at a really freaking stressful point in your life?

Being busy is a really good thing, but you also need to be self-aware and mindful of yourself.
Kostasi

see! I thought that would be it, because Seattle is so prone to bringing people down.
but I move a lot already as it is. I just moved from Rochester to Seattle three weeks ago, and mid May I'll be moving to San Fransisco.

I'm a busy body >_____<
Adversative
vera kyoro
I've been in here for over twelve hours.
they are all robots.
they have no hearts.

I just thought you'd like to know.
if they can't get into cardio cases,
or anything to do with staples.

we. teens. don't. matter.

your still trying to save a life god damnit.

any advice?

mature please.

Take a step back, and assess: why are things getting worse? Are you pushing yourself too hard? Are you not using healthy coping mechanisms? Are you just at a really freaking stressful point in your life?

Being busy is a really good thing, but you also need to be self-aware and mindful of yourself.

ooh. I already have a therapist, and a medication doctor.
I was hoping to get my level advice.
but thannnnks?
vera kyoro
Kostasi

see! I thought that would be it, because Seattle is so prone to bringing people down.
but I move a lot already as it is. I just moved from Rochester to Seattle three weeks ago, and mid May I'll be moving to San Fransisco.

I'm a busy body >_____<

There's your problem: too many big cities. Try somewhere smaller and less fast paced.
Kostasi
vera kyoro
Kostasi

I'm a busy body >_____<

There's your problem: too many big cities. Try somewhere smaller and less fast paced.

oh I go other places.
but my therapist wants me to go to large cities, to face the base of why
I'm depressed and anxious in the first place.
(social anxiety)

but my symptoms have worsened the last two days to
tight chest pain, and numbness in my fingers.
headaches, and dizzy spells.
and I've never had those until this week.
vera kyoro
Kostasi
vera kyoro
Kostasi

I'm a busy body >_____<

oh I go other places.
(social anxiety)

Well, dear, I'm no doctor. I couldn't even begin to advise you on your physical symptoms. My position in life, I have no opportunity for social anxieties or phobias. I wouldn't retreat from the city life, but a smaller city I would definitely try out in your position. San Francisco is huge. Smaller cities is where it's at. People are mostly friendly and you have to deal with constant hustles of cities that almost never sleep.

Lonely Lunatic

vera kyoro
Kostasi
vera kyoro
Kostasi

I'm a busy body >_____<

oh I go other places.
(social anxiety)

That is called a panic attack.
Why can't you go somewhere (without moving) that has a lot of people and socialize? What are you doing to try to overcome your anxiety? Ignoring it and moving is not going to make it go away.

Wealthy Informer

2,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Anxiety and any mental illness is incredibly hard to cope with, take it from me! I've been suffering for 9 years sweatdrop

My advice is to get therapy, be it counselling, CBT, see a psychiatrist etc. They may offer medication. Personally I'm trying to avoid medication because of its side effects but if taking it along side therapy it works really well. I was given medication without therapy because my doctor saw it as a quick fix..... oops!

If you ever want to talk then feel free to PM me because I'm going through a stage of high anxiety and low mood, I know how it feels, and it sucks!
Rennie`
Anxiety and any mental illness is incredibly hard to cope with, take it from me! I've been suffering for 9 years sweatdrop

My advice is to get therapy, be it counselling, CBT, see a psychiatrist etc. They may offer medication. Personally I'm trying to avoid medication because of its side effects but if taking it along side therapy it works really well. I was given medication without therapy because my doctor saw it as a quick fix..... oops!

If you ever want to talk then feel free to PM me because I'm going through a stage of high anxiety and low mood, I know how it feels, and it sucks!

thanks for answering (:
yes I've had this all for a little over four years,
the effects have just worsened, and like the guy above said it wasn't a panic attack,
I know what those feel like.

I'm actually in therapy, been bouncing back and forth, trying to find someone who fits me, and my needs. and I've been in and out of the hospital unfortunately, they seem not to give a s**t.
aw, sorry. yeah it's better to know what your on before you take it, too.

thank you, I'll take you up on that!

Lonely Lunatic

vera kyoro
Rennie`

thanks for answering (:
the effects have just worsened, and like the guy above said it wasn't a panic attack,

I'm actually in therapy, been bouncing back and forth, trying to find someone who fits me, and my needs. and I've been in and out of the hospital unfortunately, they seem not to give a s**t.

I just want to point out that panic attacks can come in many different forms and occur on different levels.

Wealthy Informer

2,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Yevpraksiya
vera kyoro
Rennie`

thanks for answering (:

I just want to point out that panic attacks can come in many different forms and occur on different levels.

Clinically speaking a panic attack is a reaction to extreme fear, or panic, which causes the body to react physically and emotionally, like hyperventilation, sweating, depersonisation etc. What she experienced may not have been a panic attack, it sounds like anxiety to me, but I wasn't there to see it so I'm not sure.

PS I tried to find a good definition online but they were either too long, too short or are not true definitions of panic attacks.

Lonely Lunatic

Rennie`
Yevpraksiya
vera kyoro
Rennie`

thanks for answering (:

Clinically speaking a panic attack is a reaction to extreme fear, or panic, which causes the body to react physically and emotionally, like hyperventilation, sweating, depersonisation etc. What she experienced may not have been a panic attack, it sounds like anxiety to me, but I wasn't there to see it so I'm not sure.

PS I tried to find a good definition online but they were either too long, too short or are not true definitions of panic attacks.
well i'm not trying to argue, as i wasn't there either. I'm just sayin.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/panic-attacks/DS00338/DSECTION=symptoms

Panic attack symptoms can make your heart pound and cause you to feel short of breath, dizzy, nauseated and flushed. Because panic attack symptoms can resemble life-threatening conditions, it's important to seek an accurate diagnosis and treatment.

Panic attacks typically include a few or many of these symptoms:

A sense of impending doom or death
Rapid heart rate
Sweating
Trembling
Shortness of breath
Hyperventilation
Chills
Hot flashes
Nausea
Abdominal cramping
Chest pain
Headache
Dizziness
Faintness
Tightness in your throat
Trouble swallowing
Panic attacks typically begin suddenly, without warning. They can strike at almost any time — when you're driving the school car pool, at the mall, sound asleep or in the middle of a business meeting. Panic attacks have many variations, but symptoms usually peak within 10 minutes and last about half an hour. You may feel fatigued and worn out after a panic attack subsides.
What medications are you taking? My mother also has depression, post traumatic stress disorder, and anxiety. She didn't get better until after going on her meds and seeing a psychologist.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff