Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ok so I'm not one to post my personal problems but figured may as well give it ago afterall whats the worst that can happen?

Anyway I've been talking to this amazing young lady online I've not even seen a picture of this girl and I think that I may be developing crush on her.
Get picture or talk on webcam and confirm identity. Dont go farther without knowing she is the real deal.

Lady Bunny

13,300 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100

you always should watch out for catfishing online.. People love to play with emotions. Why don't you ask her to webcam with you! C:
Yeah if she doesn't wanna go on cam with you I would 100% cease all emotional ties. Most catfish will send photos, even talk on the phone, but if they can't get on cam there is something up. my number 1 rule before I would give anyone a shot online was I had to see them online. Half the time they didn't want to. Be careful!!

Dapper Phantom

12,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Skype is a wonderful wonderful invention for these situations; just ask the young lady to video chat with you there (and if she says she isn't sure how to use Skype I would be concerned but try and find another way to webcam chat with her). But like everyone else said, if they aren't willing to chat on the webcam then something is up and I would cease any emotional ties to them.

Sparkling Loiterer

It's not really that uncommon. You connected to their personality. I have done that before too and got attached/crushed to/on people without even seeing a picture of them. But of-course you can't really go that far without getting closer to them and knowing what they look like, to see if your both attracted or not. So if you both wanted to get closer, exchange pics, talk on skype, etc. That could let you know if it's something worth looking into or not. Good luck.^^

GurmieBear's Wife

Blessed Spirit

Danger_Prone_Sharpie
Skype is a wonderful wonderful invention for these situations; just ask the young lady to video chat with you there (and if she says she isn't sure how to use Skype I would be concerned but try and find another way to webcam chat with her). But like everyone else said, if they aren't willing to chat on the webcam then something is up and I would cease any emotional ties to them.

Mostly this! 3nodding But I don't think all emotional ties should be immediately cut if they aren't willing to chat on webcam. Some folks are super shy by nature and will take a while to warm up.

That being said, the possibility of being horribly catfished is quite high as well. Could you ask her to maybe send you a picture of herself doing something silly (i.e. holding up a spoon to her nose, crossing her eyes and sticking out her tongue) or holding a paper with her online name? That way, you can be sure she's not pulling the picture straight off of the internet.

But then, if she's open to webcamming, you're good to go. Best of luck with her! emotion_kirakira

OG Gaian

D'awh this is freaking adorable.

I take personality over looks too. . _ ." There's nothing wrong with falling for someone "online" . But anyways like others above said, people are cruel and love to play with emotions... Make sure this person isn't one of them. Make sure they are who they say they are. Ask them to if you guys can do more intimate things like cam on Skype. Ask them questions. Get to know them. Even if it doesn't work out, at least you tried.

Good luck.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces