Welcome to Gaia! ::

why is it illegal to date a 17 year old wen your 21(it not me btw i just wanna know,kinda stupid dont you thnk)

Hardcore Sex Symbol

12,575 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Ultimate Player 200
Because some people have common sense and don't want kids to be trying stupid s**t.
WillWalint
why is it illegal to date a 17 year old wen your 21(it not me btw i just wanna know,kinda stupid dont you thnk)

Becuase most 17 year olds aren't mature enough to be with someone who is considered an adult? Not that I know many mature 21 year olds...
Sensedog
Because some people have common sense and don't want kids to be trying stupid s**t.
yeah but there is only a 4 year age difference
It isn't always illegal. Age of Consent laws exist because people under a certain age aren't considered capapble of deciding on their own if the relationship is appropriate. Because typically, they're not mature enough. But usually there's like.. A grace period of around 4 years or something.

Hardcore Sex Symbol

12,575 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Ultimate Player 200
WillWalint
Sensedog

So? It's the law. If your feelings are true, then wait until you are both legal.
The government sees the need to regulate love because they've already regulated everything else.
Because most 17-year olds don't have the presence of mind to make the right choices, and are easily coerced.
WillWalint
Sensedog

There are only 4 years between a 6 year old and a 10 year old too. A lot changes in four years, especially for young people. I don't think anyone here wil largue when I say that there are HUGE differences between a 6 year old and a 10 year old. There are also huge differences between a 17 year old and a 21 year old. 4 years is a big difference.
As another note, it's not illegal. A twenty-one year old and a seventeen year old can freely date as long as they don't become sexually involved.

Love doesn't equal sex. =X
i think if someones close in age then it should be okies, i'm currently 17 and my boyfriend is 16, soon after i turn 18 he will be 17, when this happens it will be illegal for us to date.
I dont see nothing wrong; its only 4 years difference, you can date just like Princess Ria said as long as sex dont come into it, because then it would sound a little lame.
Moosey_luv
i think if someones close in age then it should be okies, i'm currently 17 and my boyfriend is 16, soon after i turn 18 he will be 17, when this happens it will be illegal for us to date.
In some states, that is not the case. Pennsylvania, for example, says that if one is under 18 and the other is over, it is alright as long as they are within 3 years of age.
Nikore
WillWalint
Sensedog

There are only 4 years between a 6 year old and a 10 year old too. A lot changes in four years, especially for young people. I don't think anyone here wil largue when I say that there are HUGE differences between a 6 year old and a 10 year old. There are also huge differences between a 17 year old and a 21 year old. 4 years is a big difference.
Moosey_luv

No it won't. You can date him all you like. It's only illegal for you to have sex with him if he's a minor and you're not. Still ,if he's 16, you shouldn't be boinking him anyway. That's a little young.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff