Welcome to Gaia! ::

Chatty Codger

7,200 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
I think they should stop being deaf because it's morally wrong and inconsiderate to others.

lolwhut?

No, um, I've actually never met anyone that was 100% deaf, so I can't share any experiences. I imagine that other than the alternate communication necessary, it would be like any normal conversation.

Ladykiller

One of my acquaintances is deaf. I've known her for years but we don't really talk much anymore.

She's alright, makes really shitty decisions but that's not really a byproduct of being deaf. She's just really bad at making decisions lol

That's seriously the only deaf person I've ever known. I'd like to learn American Sign Language though just incase the need should ever arise.
Black Lust Perfume
Abyssus _Puella
I meet a cashier once that was losing his hearing and it couldn't be fixed, he actually taught himself ASL and he was really nice, I don't feel bad for him but I think its neat.

I would like to learn ASL and I don't hate it when people say they feel sorry for someone that is deaf because people tell me that all the time.
I'm blind in my right eye and have very poor vision in my left because too much oxygen when I was in the NICU for four months after I was born. And has I grow older I'm in danger of losing my sight all together.
Oh, is there any cure for the vision?

Nope, a detached retina in my right eye and the doctors tried so hard to fix it until I was one. But they did save about half of my vision in my left though, I can see 20/200, which luckily is only changing very-very slowly.
It somewhat makes me want to learn ASL so I can talk to them and get to know them in their shoes. As for experiences, I never truly met one.
Never met one, but I wouldn't have a problem with them or anything.

Sexy Turtle

Eaker Squeaker
I think they should stop being deaf because it's morally wrong and inconsiderate to others.

lolwhut?

No, um, I've actually never met anyone that was 100% deaf, so I can't share any experiences. I imagine that other than the alternate communication necessary, it would be like any normal conversation.
Yeah, you got it right, normal conversation, example- right now. d: Yes I am profoundly 100% deaf since the birth heh.

Sexy Turtle

boa noite

One of my acquaintances is deaf. I've known her for years but we don't really talk much anymore.

She's alright, makes really shitty decisions but that's not really a byproduct of being deaf. She's just really bad at making decisions lol

That's seriously the only deaf person I've ever known. I'd like to learn American Sign Language though just incase the need should ever arise.
Try aslpro.com x] There is, honestly many deaf people who make bad decisions. I dont blame them really because they never learned how to make a wiser decisions. I was lucky because I have a oldest sister whom is also Deaf. I feel bad for my middle sister because she got no one else to talk but our mother who is also not deaf either haha. But I also am lucky because my mom and my sister learned sign language to communication with me and my oldest sister.

Sexy Turtle

Abyssus _Puella
Black Lust Perfume
Abyssus _Puella
I meet a cashier once that was losing his hearing and it couldn't be fixed, he actually taught himself ASL and he was really nice, I don't feel bad for him but I think its neat.

I would like to learn ASL and I don't hate it when people say they feel sorry for someone that is deaf because people tell me that all the time.
I'm blind in my right eye and have very poor vision in my left because too much oxygen when I was in the NICU for four months after I was born. And has I grow older I'm in danger of losing my sight all together.

Nope, a detached retina in my right eye and the doctors tried so hard to fix it until I was one. But they did save about half of my vision in my left though, I can see 20/200, which luckily is only changing very-very slowly.
Is it similar to Usher Syndrome? Because I am type 1, Born deaf with vision issue, called Usher Syndrome. Also I have a big floaters in both of my eyes, they can be a very annoying.

Sexy Turtle

Opal Kay
It somewhat makes me want to learn ASL so I can talk to them and get to know them in their shoes. As for experiences, I never truly met one.
Well, you want to know something? You just met a Deaf Gaian. x] ME! Haha.

Sexy Turtle

Rebelyellusa
Never met one, but I wouldn't have a problem with them or anything.
Glad to know, there is at least 45% people who judges on people who cant hear. They are just jerks I guess haha.

Dangerous Noob

6,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Partygoer 500
my thoughts are that deaf people, can't hear very well
Black Lust Perfume
Abyssus _Puella
Black Lust Perfume
Abyssus _Puella

Is it similar to Usher Syndrome? Because I am type 1, Born deaf with vision issue, called Usher Syndrome. Also I have a big floaters in both of my eyes, they can be a very annoying.
No, it's not like usher syndrome, it was just a mistake that happen because I was born at 25 weeks and was doing everything but dying on the table, plus my weight was 1.7lbs at birth. Its a lot to explain how I ended up blind. xd
Cryotherapy (freezing treatment) to
reduce the risk of retinal detachment, what they used to save my vision.
Retinopathy of Prematurity, is probably what I had.

Ladykiller

Black Lust Perfume
Try aslpro.com x] ,,,.

Oh my gosh, thank you! (:

It's good that your mom and sister learned sign language to be able to communicate with you and your other sister. 3nodding Was it difficult for your mom to learn it?

Sexy Turtle

XxDeThFaCexX
my thoughts are that deaf people, can't hear very well
There is many types of Deaf. Hard of Hearing, Profoundly Deaf, Hearing Loss, etc etc. I am the Profoundly Deaf since the birth which means I never, not even a single sound heard.

Sexy Turtle

Abyssus _Puella
Black Lust Perfume
Abyssus _Puella
Black Lust Perfume
Abyssus _Puella

No, it's not like usher syndrome, it was just a mistake that happen because I was born at 25 weeks and was doing everything but dying on the table, plus my weight was 1.7lbs at birth. Its a lot to explain how I ended up blind. xd
Cryotherapy (freezing treatment) to
reduce the risk of retinal detachment, what they used to save my vision.
Retinopathy of Prematurity, is probably what I had.
Wow, sound scary. But at least you are able to have passion of music, I cant figure out why music is very important to 98% of people. Well, I never heard one so I have no idea why its so special haha.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff