Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Guildsman

Admiral Absurd
grinningjester

I am so sorry. How did you get out? Is he in jail? I am glad you are okay. It makes sense that you would want trees around you. Do you have any other issues with things, like eating or small spaces etc?
One of his friends found me.
I never told anyone what happened.
All they "know" is that I attempted self-liposuction.
Strangely enough, I adore cramped spaces.
And I'm fine with eating, but I can't eat fast without panicking.
neutral
Assuming it's safe to share these stories, I'll keep this on here.

Thank you for trusting us with your story. I would recommend seeking therapy. I didn't want to for a long time but ended up needing it badly. Also, please report this to your local authorities. That is a very serious thing to do to someone and chances are he'll do it again.

Aged Regular

grinningjester
Admiral Absurd
grinningjester

I am so sorry. How did you get out? Is he in jail? I am glad you are okay. It makes sense that you would want trees around you. Do you have any other issues with things, like eating or small spaces etc?
One of his friends found me.
I never told anyone what happened.
All they "know" is that I attempted self-liposuction.
Strangely enough, I adore cramped spaces.
And I'm fine with eating, but I can't eat fast without panicking.
neutral
Assuming it's safe to share these stories, I'll keep this on here.

Thank you for trusting us with your story. I would recommend seeking therapy. I didn't want to for a long time but ended up needing it badly. Also, please report this to your local authorities. That is a very serious thing to do to someone and chances are he'll do it again.
No.
I don't want to ever get into legal s**t with this.
I've been forced into therapy because of telling them I did it to myself, I just...I never want to go back to that kind of environment.
Strangers scare me, especially when they look at me with that ******** head-tilt of practiced sympathy.
Your service doggy is very cute. =]
I'm glad he's helping you.

Friendly Guildsman

Admiral Absurd

I understand that. Strangers scare me too. But sometimes the stupid "how did that make you feel" is the therapist. I went to many before I found one I could trust. As far as the legal stuff goes, it is devastating being the victim and a court case means you have to go through it all again. But that kind of behavior is not going to stop if he already did it to one person. We can't stop predators if we don't know about them. But it's your choice and either way I'm glad you survived.

Friendly Guildsman

Skjolddis
Your service doggy is very cute. =]
I'm glad he's helping you.

Thank you. He thinks he's cute too! See him showing off his service packs? He says, yeah check me out. Dumb dog.

Aged Regular

grinningjester
Admiral Absurd

No.
I don't want to ever get into legal s**t with this.
I've been forced into therapy because of telling them I did it to myself, I just...I never want to go back to that kind of environment.
Strangers scare me, especially when they look at me with that ******** head-tilt of practiced sympathy.

I understand that. Strangers scare me too. But sometimes the stupid "how did that make you feel" is the therapist. I went to many before I found one I could trust. As far as the legal stuff goes, it is devastating being the victim and a court case means you have to go through it all again. But that kind of behavior is not going to stop if he already did it to one person. We can't stop predators if we don't know about them. But it's your choice and either way I'm glad you survived.
I know all of that, and I still don't care enough to prevent him from doing the same to others in the future.
I just hope he finds a satisfyingly fat person so he doesn't need to.

Friendly Guildsman

Admiral Absurd

Well, you'll find support here. If you need to vent about there not being trees, or how hard it was to eat, or whatever it is that your trauma is affecting, your story will not fall on deaf ears.

purple_FILLLTH's Pardner

Greedy Fatcat

Neat thread, and I must say ironic in my situation.
I was just diagnosed with PTSD a couple weeks ago after trying to self medicate from lack of sleep. I was really shocked when my therapist told me that was suffering from that particular disorder, becuase I always associated it with military people.

Friendly Guildsman

The Spiciest McHaggis
I was just diagnosed with PTSD a couple weeks ago after trying to self medicate from lack of sleep. I was really shocked when my therapist told me that was suffering from that particular disorder, becuase I always associated it with military people.

That is what you hear about the most because of the media, but any trauma can cause PTSD. How were you self medicating to sleep? Did you get something to help you sleep? Welcome to the PTSD support area. You are among folks with similar issues.

purple_FILLLTH's Pardner

Greedy Fatcat

grinningjester
The Spiciest McHaggis

That is what you hear about the most because of the media, but any trauma can cause PTSD. How were you self medicating to sleep? Did you get something to help you sleep? Welcome to the PTSD support area. You are among folks with similar issues.

Well thank you.
I don't want to say too much in fear of triggering anyone.lol
Back in January I was having a lot of problems trying to sleep and stay asleep when I took an overdose, which I've done before, but I was careful with the amount of mg (Which doesn't mean anything, it was still wrong) BUT because of the state I was in from the lack of sleep I freaked out and went to the Emergency Room and they referred me to out patient therapy.

purple_FILLLTH's Pardner

Greedy Fatcat

The Spiciest McHaggis
grinningjester
The Spiciest McHaggis

Well thank you.
I don't want to say too much in fear of triggering anyone.lol
Back in January I was having a lot of problems trying to sleep and stay asleep when I took an overdose, which I've done before, but I was careful with the amount of mg (Which doesn't mean anything, it was still wrong) BUT because of the state I was in from the lack of sleep I freaked out and went to the Emergency Room and they referred me to out patient therapy.

Also I was not perscribed anything to help me sleep.
I was offered to start medication but didn't want to.

Friendly Guildsman

The Spiciest McHaggis

I understand that. I was taking vicodin and benadryl to sleep before I was diagnosed and prescribed sleep meds. How are you feeling now?

purple_FILLLTH's Pardner

Greedy Fatcat

grinningjester
The Spiciest McHaggis

I understand that. I was taking vicodin and benadryl to sleep before I was diagnosed and prescribed sleep meds. How are you feeling now?

I'm doing good. After a whole week of getting up early for appointments and being emotionally drained I began to fall back into a normal sleeping schedule. I'm starting to feel a bit nervous, though. I think my next session my therapist wants to talk about my tramatic events. It's scary. dramallama
How are you, though? How low have you been coping with ptsd?

Friendly Guildsman

The Spiciest McHaggis
grinningjester
The Spiciest McHaggis

I'm doing good. After a whole week of getting up early for appointments and being emotionally drained I began to fall back into a normal sleeping schedule. I'm starting to feel a bit nervous, though. I think my next session my therapist wants to talk about my tramatic events. It's scary. dramallama

Much better than I was. I know where you're at. The first time I talked about what happened to me to a therapist, I was terrified and sick. I felt like I was going to vomit. I'd been sleeping about 3 hours a night waking up every hour, had lost 20 pounds because I stopped eating, and in general was a big mess. Now, I'm doing well. Things are still difficult and probably always will be. I believe trauma changes the way you function. For me, because it was related to a shooting, I still think everyone has a gun and is out to get me, but I can recognize that that kind of thinking is part of PTSD and not logical. Also, having my service dog has really helped. I can't even describe how much.

purple_FILLLTH's Pardner

Greedy Fatcat

grinningjester
The Spiciest McHaggis
grinningjester
The Spiciest McHaggis

Much better than I was. I know where you're at. The first time I talked about what happened to me to a therapist, I was terrified and sick. I felt like I was going to vomit. I'd been sleeping about 3 hours a night waking up every hour, had lost 20 pounds because I stopped eating, and in general was a big mess. Now, I'm doing well. Things are still difficult and probably always will be. I believe trauma changes the way you function. For me, because it was related to a shooting, I still think everyone has a gun and is out to get me, but I can recognize that that kind of thinking is part of PTSD and not logical. Also, having my service dog has really helped. I can't even describe how much.

I'm sorry to hear that. It must be difficult recognizing what going on as ptsd and not really be able to control that. I also think it's interesting you have a service dog. I would love to have a pet :]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff