Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sugary Cat

Canon92
Do not hate Islam or Muslims.
Actually, just being named man who committed the act.
The religion does not teach violence!!!
It's only human acts because the world is full of entertainment.

Quote:
Quran (2:244) "Then fight in the cause of Allah, and know that Allah Heareth and knoweth all things."
Quote:
Quran (2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not."

Quote:
Quran (3:56) - "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."

Quote:
Quran (9:30) - "And the Jews say: Ezra is the son of Allah; and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah; these are the words of their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before; may Allah destroy them; how they are turned away!"

-cough- rolleyes
MiameMiame
Canon92
Do not hate Islam or Muslims.
Actually, just being named man who committed the act.
The religion does not teach violence!!!
It's only human acts because the world is full of entertainment.

Quote:
Quran (2:244) "Then fight in the cause of Allah, and know that Allah Heareth and knoweth all things."
Quote:
Quran (2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not."

Quote:
Quran (3:56) - "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."

Quote:
Quran (9:30) - "And the Jews say: Ezra is the son of Allah; and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah; these are the words of their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before; may Allah destroy them; how they are turned away!"

-cough- rolleyes
Canon barely even speaks English, there's no way she can interpret the meaning of religious babble.
thewaitingtree
Ametrin
thewaitingtree
They hate Christians too.

About the only religion I don't see anyone hating is Buddhism. Join that and be less butthurt?

Buddhism also has its extremists who persecute non Buddhists - you don't see it in Western countries but it exists in Eastern Asia.

Really? I live in East Asia... I don't see it... but then again - most Koreans I know are nominal Buddhists. That is - they say they're Buddhist but they don't really do anything to be in the religion.. they just do their funerals that way, and maybe they observe a holiday or two.

Yeah, like in any religion there are always levels of dedication that vary from person to person, but sometimes the dedication reaches a point of extremism and lack of tolerance and it becomes a big problem especially if they have political power - happens in Buddhism too. vhttp://world.time.com/2013/06/20/extremist-buddhist-monks-fight-oppression-with-violence/

Magical Tree

Ametrin
thewaitingtree
Ametrin
thewaitingtree

About the only religion I don't see anyone hating is Buddhism. Join that and be less butthurt?

Buddhism also has its extremists who persecute non Buddhists - you don't see it in Western countries but it exists in Eastern Asia.

Really? I live in East Asia... I don't see it... but then again - most Koreans I know are nominal Buddhists. That is - they say they're Buddhist but they don't really do anything to be in the religion.. they just do their funerals that way, and maybe they observe a holiday or two.

Yeah, like in any religion there are always levels of dedication that vary from person to person, but sometimes the dedication reaches a point of extremism and lack of tolerance and it becomes a big problem especially if they have political power - happens in Buddhism too. vhttp://world.time.com/2013/06/20/extremist-buddhist-monks-fight-oppression-with-violence/

Quite interesting.

But the OP's point was to "stop hating Muslims" - which is based off of people thinking that Muslims kill people in the name of religion (which - pretty much all religions do).

This article even says "In the reckoning of religious extremism — Hindu nationalists, Muslim militants, fundamentalist Christians, ultra-Orthodox Jews — Buddhism has largely escaped trial. To much of the world, it is synonymous with nonviolence and loving kindness".

Which proves what I was saying - not too many people are hating Buddhists. (look buddists are even kind of getting away with violence!)

--
My opinion on this article though... I can't totally blame Buddhists for pushing out Muslims. Here in East Asia, Islam is on the rise. It spreads very quickly. Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia are fighting every day because Muslims and other religions don't get along.

It kind of disturbs me that Indonesian is not its own language anymore - but is a mash-up of Indonesian and Arabic.

I mean - in Korea we have Konglish (koreanified english loan words).. but they know when they're using Konglish. I'm not so sure about Indonesian... since I haven't studied it enough to know if people even think of the roots of their words.

Honestly though - what we've deemed "religious violence" is more usually actually a reaction to globalism. People just use religion as a platform or as a means of justifying actions. The religion itself probably doesn't even condone the actions in its basic tenets.
People often use "religion" as a way to preserve their culture/sub-culture.
thewaitingtree
Ametrin
thewaitingtree
Ametrin
thewaitingtree

Quite interesting.

But the OP's point was to "stop hating Muslims" - which is based off of people thinking that Muslims kill people in the name of religion (which - pretty much all religions do).

This article even says "In the reckoning of religious extremism — Hindu nationalists, Muslim militants, fundamentalist Christians, ultra-Orthodox Jews — Buddhism has largely escaped trial. To much of the world, it is synonymous with nonviolence and loving kindness".

Which proves what I was saying - not too many people are hating Buddhists. (look buddists are even kind of getting away with violence!)

--
My opinion on this article though... I can't totally blame Buddhists for pushing out Muslims. Here in East Asia, Islam is on the rise. It spreads very quickly. Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia are fighting every day because Muslims and other religions don't get along.

It kind of disturbs me that Indonesian is not its own language anymore - but is a mash-up of Indonesian and Arabic.

I mean - in Korea we have Konglish (koreanified english loan words).. but they know when they're using Konglish. I'm not so sure about Indonesian... since I haven't studied it enough to know if people even think of the roots of their words.

Honestly though - what we've deemed "religious violence" is more usually actually a reaction to globalism. People just use religion as a platform or as a means of justifying actions. The religion itself probably doesn't even condone the actions in its basic tenets.
People often use "religion" as a way to preserve their culture/sub-culture.

I see; it's sad about using religion for political goals. To me faith is more important than any ideology and I would rather stay loyal to it than to a political ideology. I am definitely for freedom of migration and against nationalism, but just like the original citizens people from other countries must be required to keep the local laws instead of ignoring them and trying to install their own.

Magical Tree

Ametrin

I see; it's sad about using religion for political goals. To me faith is more important than any ideology and I would rather stay loyal to it than to a political ideology. I am definitely for freedom of migration and against nationalism, but just like the original citizens people from other countries must be required to keep the local laws instead of ignoring them and trying to install their own.

I think pretty much the same. People should be able to live where they choose. If they want to move to a place for some opportunity - they should be able to (or at least be able to try).

And people should move understanding they should conform to that area's laws and general customs. (it doesn't mean every little detail.. like eating pork. you can refrain from eating pork, and let everyone else eat pork. you know - mutual respect.... sadly... too many immature people out there.)

It's a complicated thing that shouldn't be so complicated.

Timid Phantom

16,650 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
I agree!

Just because SOME GUYS ******** up, doesn't mean that all of them are bad. In fact I am friends with one muslim girl and she is the biggest sweet heart I have ever met!

So I really agree with this; this bullshit hate has to stop.
The Odious
Christianity is the only religion I find myself hateful towards at the moment. No real reason, I'm just tired of hearing about/from them.

That's unjustified and (kinda) silly. confused You shouldn't hate something just because. Establish well reasoned thoughts behind it. For example I think religion (Christianity, Islam, etc.) is toxic, because I disagree with a lot of the respective doctrines behind them:

1. Dogmatic beliefs about the world or social structures (i.e. strict Sharia law, Creationism) constrict the ability to think critically and inhibit one's willingness to learn about the outer world with curiosity and an open mind.
2. Redemptive religions are often predicated on the evilness of human nature, i.e. the concept of Original Sin, which is a destructive and demeaning concept that at its core tries to convince people that they are worthless.
3. Magical thinking is encouraged in religions: Jesus turned water into wine, Muhammad rode on a winged horse into Heaven, witch doctors can blow herbed smoke into your face to cure baldness, etc.
4. And so forth ...

Sugary Cat

Reiko Iwamaru
I agree!

Just because ONE GUY (aka Osama Bin Laden) ******** up, doesn't mean that all of them are bad. In fact I am friends with one muslim girl and she is the biggest sweet heart I have ever met!

Most wanted terrorists in the United States or have a list of those. Looks like more than one to me.....

Timid Phantom

16,650 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
MiameMiame
Reiko Iwamaru
I agree!

Just because ONE GUY (aka Osama Bin Laden) ******** up, doesn't mean that all of them are bad. In fact I am friends with one muslim girl and she is the biggest sweet heart I have ever met!

Most wanted terrorists in the United States or have a list of those. Looks like more than one to me.....

Oh whoa. o.o

Editing that post...

Damn FBI's got a lot goin' on... Thanks for the links by the way! ^ ^
I hate on people, if I feel it's rightly so, but not for anything specific like being Muslim. If they happen to be Muslim, and it's the best way to describe them, I'll say something like, "That ******** Muslim," just as a placemaker.

I'll say similar things for anyone, though. I can admit I'm just a little racist, misogynistic, and so on for a handful of things, but I don't channel these things towards people or intend to cause harm to their physical being or way of life. emotion_c8
PEOPLE NEED TO STOP THE HATE ON MUSLIMS and ALL those who are different, whether
in appearance, ability(disability), religious beliefs.
It is probably because you don't hear a lot about them, unless it's negative.
Also if you look at the arab world,. the percentages of muslims in those countries are above 90%, some of them 80%, and nearly all those countries have some war going on.
Which makes it easy for people to get a wrong image about them.

Enduring Codger

Brothern
The Odious
Christianity is the only religion I find myself hateful towards at the moment. No real reason, I'm just tired of hearing about/from them.

That's unjustified and (kinda) silly. confused You shouldn't hate something just because. Establish well reasoned thoughts behind it. For example I think religion (Christianity, Islam, etc.) is toxic, because I disagree with a lot of the respective doctrines behind them:

1. Dogmatic beliefs about the world or social structures (i.e. strict Sharia law, Creationism) constrict the ability to think critically and inhibit one's willingness to learn about the outer world with curiosity and an open mind.
2. Redemptive religions are often predicated on the evilness of human nature, i.e. the concept of Original Sin, which is a destructive and demeaning concept that at its core tries to convince people that they are worthless.
3. Magical thinking is encouraged in religions: Jesus turned water into wine, Muhammad rode on a winged horse into Heaven, witch doctors can blow herbed smoke into your face to cure baldness, etc.
4. And so forth ...

I don't care.
You seriously think people hate for no reason?
My underlying reasons are my own.
I'm not getting into it, on a anime RP site.

Chatty Codger

6,775 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Hate is a natural human emotion. It stems from many things and has many causes but will never go away. People need to stop screaming about the need to stop hating and learn that the more you do the more hate you generate. There are better ways to handle our differences than bleating slogans.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff