Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pliskin MD's Wife

Spoopy Bear

17,525 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500

I never had that much homework in high school.
              neutral
              I took ALL AP classes my last three years of high school, and maybe had 4 hours of homework a week?
              In college, homework is less, but it's more challenging.
              For one class I had to write a 12 page research paper on the development of children from conception to death.
              That was a fun paper to write (no sarcasm, either!).
              In college, you have tons of papers to write, tons of research, tons of presentations.
              I was a Psychology major, so the research papers might be lessened if you go a different route. User Image

User ImageUser Image

Distinct Conversationalist

I had more homework in high school, myself. I still wouldn't overwhelm myself with all this AP and Honors crap. It looks good, but it's not worth the stress.
For the most part its the same but sometimes it depends on your teacher. Im taking psychology this semester and she never gives homework lol we have 4 quizes and 4 tests this semster and thats it.

Dedicated Loiterer

I don't know what college these guys went to, but for my first year of college I never had more than 2 hours of homework a night. From what I hear, that's what most people get before they start their major.
Of course, it's going to increase once you start getting into higher-level classes, but most colleges are good about easing freshmen in. If you have issues, there are also tutors and counselors that can help you out. In he worst cases, you can eve drop classes within a certain time frame and get a refund.

Fashionable Shopper

yum_cupcake It greatly depends on the classes. In both high school and college my time was spent on math since I'm terrible at it. I'd spend hours and hours trying at it and getting it all wrong. I'd spent upwards of 5 hours on it and not even get to anything else. In college I learned to just do everything else during breaks and just spend my entire evenings at home on math and then I got tutor. I still spent so much more time on math than any other subject. I'd write up a paper in a few days easily. I'd make sure I'd spend more than a day so that I'd have time to leave it and come back to it again in case I'd wonder why I'd written something this way or that way and want to change it. Also, so it could be proofread by one or more person. But, it came easy unlike math.

One very important thing you learn in college is how to break up your classes. For instance, I'm bad at both math and science. I should not take them at the same time. Too bad I didn't know that you shouldn't do that ahead of time. Taking a bunch of hard classes at once can just bring down your GPA rather than spreading it out.

Enduring Phantom

Less. Most people don't do all the reading ...and aaside from studying for tests and papers, not many classes have 'homework.' Classes like algebra and stats there's recommended homework, but it's not for a grade and will take you like an hour, tops.

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Depends on what classes you take. I'm taking a Japanese literature, Japanese language, and Linguistics course this quarter (my university runs on a quarter system) and I have homework in all three classes. Because my Japanese language class meets 5 times a week and its an extensive course, I have homework every day in that class. Meanwhile, I only have homework once a week in my Linguistics class, and the only homework I have in my Japanese literature course are essays which are due once every month (our grade in that class is based upon our essay and exam grades).

Shadowy Rogue

3,700 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
I'm taking 4 classes. Not much homework at all really. Though it is important to study. I've actually got to catch up on some reading for my mid-term exam for one class.

In college it's all about keeping things at a pace that works for you.

Shameless Consumer

It depends on your classes and your teacher. I take online classes so there's never any homework, usually just a weekly assignment and tests. Once you get past your general education classes and get into the higher level stuff you'll have papers and things that are kind of like homework in the way that you should be working on them every single night for a couple hours.
It depends on your major and what classes you are taking. I double majored in chemical engineering and biomedical engineering. I lived and breathed problem sets for 4 years. Your week just consists of each class having a problem set or lab due on a certain day with tests sprinkled throughout the semester. I honestly couldn't really quantify the time spent on homework, but it was definitely a lot of time and I didn't really go to parties. But my friends that were in the liberal arts had way more free-time and weren't as stressed.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff