Welcome to Gaia! ::

What do you think about girl's proposing to boys on Leap Year?

Sounds Cool! 0.59756097560976 59.8% [ 49 ]
Nuh-uh! 0.15853658536585 15.9% [ 13 ]
As per tradition 0.1219512195122 12.2% [ 10 ]
What tradition? 0.1219512195122 12.2% [ 10 ]
Total Votes:[ 82 ]
< 1 2 3 4 >

Haunter

41,650 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Battle: Level Up 200
skullcrushergurl
Pslightly Psycho
My girlfriend joked about proposing to me today. BY TEXT. Being the guy that was proposed to by his girlfriend sounds bad enough, nevermind if she didn't even ask in person. But yeah, I'm glad she was only joking. We've only been together about a year and a half.

well how long will you wait before proposing? Or before you think the idea is a good one? My bf and I have only been together for about 4 months but I could see us getting that far in the future.

I would wait until I felt comfortable with the idea of never being with anyone else, for an entire lifetime. That's a pretty big deal, and I wouldn't get married if I didn't think I was ready for that - right now I don't. She's awesome, but a year and a half isn't enough time to decide what you're doing with the rest of your life. I've not lived with her, so I would prefer to do that for a while first. When you move in with someone, you'll start to notice flaws they were able to hide when you were only friends or dating. I have been with one girl for 4 years before, and ended up just regretting wasting the best part of my teenage years (15-19) on her.

Conservative Vampire

10,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Pslightly Psycho
skullcrushergurl
Pslightly Psycho
My girlfriend joked about proposing to me today. BY TEXT. Being the guy that was proposed to by his girlfriend sounds bad enough, nevermind if she didn't even ask in person. But yeah, I'm glad she was only joking. We've only been together about a year and a half.

well how long will you wait before proposing? Or before you think the idea is a good one? My bf and I have only been together for about 4 months but I could see us getting that far in the future.

I would wait until I felt comfortable with the idea of never being with anyone else, for an entire lifetime. That's a pretty big deal, and I wouldn't get married if I didn't think I was ready for that - right now I don't. She's awesome, but a year and a half isn't enough time to decide what you're doing with the rest of your life. I've not lived with her, so I would prefer to do that for a while first. When you move in with someone, you'll start to notice flaws they were able to hide when you were only friends or dating. I have been with one girl for 4 years before, and ended up just regretting wasting the best part of my teenage years (15-19) on her.

I see... But once you get past a certain age, I just think people should be dating with more than "fun"on their mind. Its hard to tell with men though.
i'm ordering pizza and fish'n'chips.......

7,000 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
eww but congrats. my boyfriend is kinda crazy and lame,but hes nice and cute even though hes kinda lame. sweatdrop

Benevolent Gekko

13,725 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Survivor 150
GOOD LUCK!! Make sure you tell us how it goes!!

Haunter

41,650 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
skullcrushergurl
Pslightly Psycho
skullcrushergurl
Pslightly Psycho

I see... But once you get past a certain age, I just think people should be dating with more than "fun"on their mind. Its hard to tell with men though.

Yeah, I do agree with that, but I don't consider myself past that kinda age. I've never even been through that kind of phase of just having "fun", so I'd hate to get married too soon and feel like I missed out on that. I think it was actually my girlfriend's dad that once said "You wouldn't test-drive only one car before buying", and a car only lasts around 10 years... He made a good point, and it's probably how the majority of guys think. I do genuinely hope your man isn't a typical guy, so that if you do get married so soon, it'll still work.

Party Member

iNom Toast
YOU propose to HIM?
lol
User Image

neutral

Party Member

Pslightly Psycho
User Image

Um, why? neutral

Party Member

x Karurie x
iNom Toast
YOU propose to HIM?
lol

This. emotion_eyebrow
User Image

I don't get it. confused

Party Member

User Image

I'm sorry, I thought we were living in the twenty-first century. My ******** bad. User Image

Haunter

41,650 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Kinny Fear
Pslightly Psycho
User Image

Um, why? neutral

I wouldn't feel right about being that guy. It'd be a little embarassing even, to be the one who seems like he had to be asked because he couldn't do it himself. You appear to be bothered by that sort of opinion though, so I doubt anything I say will make a bit of difference.

Edit: Why'd you have to be so understanding? Now I seem like a d**k for misjudging you. D:

Party Member

Pslightly Psycho
I wouldn't feel right about being that guy. It'd be a little embarassing even, to be the one who seems like he had to be asked because he couldn't do it himself. You appear to be bothered by that sort of opinion though, so I doubt anything I say will make a bit of difference.
User Image

I'm mostly bothered by the volume of (apparent) women in this thread that are offended by the concept of a forward-thinking woman in a relationship based on equality. *burns bra, etc*

Your response is well-thought out, however, and I fully respect and understand it. 3nodding Thanks.

11,925 Points
  • Scary Sampling 50
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
How sweet ^^

Party Member

Pslightly Psycho
Edit: Why'd you have to be so understanding? Now I seem like a d**k for misjudging you. D:
User Image

All part of my evil plan. twisted
Don't worry about it, I think I was getting a little hostile back there.

5,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
It's nice to see a change! So many girls are afraid to take the first step and a different approach is so refreshing! Good luck to you!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff