Welcome to Gaia! ::

Davy Jones of the Monkees. RIP!

Dangerous Genius

OMG...I just heard that myself. crying I checked it out and it seems he had a heart attack in his sleep. crying

I had such a crush on him when I was a little kid. sad
surprised
We can only remember him once every 4 years emotion_8c
OV8ION
Davy Jones of the Monkees. RIP!

glowing

6,800 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
So sad! crying

Friendly Lunatic

ahhh I only heard a few of there songs.

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
Aisha_87

You've probably heard covers. Other bands/musical groups doing their songs.

Shrek had a Cover of a Monkee's song that became popular.

People also mistake some of the Monkee's songs as being The Beatles, so there might be some songs you thought were The Beatles and were actually The Monkees.

I think Davy Jones was friends with The Beatles after The Monkees split up.

They were a rare form of Celabraty. They weren't nasty, law breaking, drug addicts.

Party Member

Sailor Tin Nyanko
They weren't nasty, law breaking, drug addicts.
User Image

rofl Riiiiight. Have you even seen Head?

Edit: and these

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
Kinny Fear
Sailor Tin Nyanko
They weren't nasty, law breaking, drug addicts.
User Image

rofl Riiiiight. Have you even seen Head?

They had their phases xp

The goal of the group it's self was to teach you could have fun without being nearly comatose from drowning in alcohol and taking too many drugs to even make it to the restroom when you had to pee.

The members all had different philosophies and some did go through phases where they were friends with people into drugs.

But they got out of those phases and moved on.

They didn't spend 20+ years stealing, sleeping with a long list of sluts women while married, drunk every time they were in public, and shoveling drugs into their face while doing interviews.... Seriously, compare them to Whitney & Bobby or Charlie Sheen.

They knew when to step away and grow up.

Party Member

Sailor Tin Nyanko
They had their phases xp

The goal of the group it's self was to teach you could have fun without being nearly comatose from drowning in alcohol and taking too many drugs to even make it to the restroom when you had to pee.

The members all had different philosophies and some did go through phases where they were friends with people into drugs.

They didn't spend 20+ years stealing, sleeping with a long list of sluts women while married, drunk every time they were in public, and shoveling drugs into their face while doing interviews.... Seriously, compare them to Whitney & Bobby or Charlie Sheen.

User Image

More like, the goal of the group was to make money playing pop music. Luckily, Mike didn't take that bullshit.
You talk about doing drugs like it's the worst thing in the world.

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
Kinny Fear
Sailor Tin Nyanko
They had their phases xp

User Image

More like, the goal of the group was to make money playing pop music. Luckily, Mike didn't take that bullshit.
You talk about doing drugs like it's the worst thing in the world.

The Group was not formed by it's members.

The Group was formed to aim at teens and steer them away from drugs but give them something to pour money into.

One of the Members never touched drugs.

Davy Jones and another member decided their friends, like The Beatles, were going overboard with and doing such overkill of Drug Use that they were losing so much of their art and having such trouble getting it out there.

That means 3/4 of The Monkees completely turned their backs on or always avoided drugs.

Meanwhile, other nimrods entertain us by being drugged out of their minds for years, decades,.. and then they are dead.

BTW, have you considered that The Porpoise may be to make fun of The Beatle's " I am the Walrus"

Party Member

Sailor Tin Nyanko
The Group was not formed by it's members.
My point exactly. 3nodding
Sailor Tin Nyanko
The Group was formed to aim at teens and steer them away from drugs but give them something to pour money into.

One of the Members never touched drugs.

Davy Jones and another member decided their friends, like The Beatles, were going overboard with and doing such overkill of Drug Use that they were losing so much of their art and having such trouble getting it out there.

That means 3/4 of The Monkees completely turned their backs on or always avoided drugs.

Meanwhile, other nimrods entertain us by being drugged out of their minds for years, decades,.. and then they are dead.

BTW, have you considered that The Porpoise may be to make fun of The Beatle's " I am the Walrus"

User Image

Drugs aren't so bad. Charlie Sheen can do what he wants with his own body.

As for drug references, did you watch the other two videos?

As for the group's virtues, I'd like to point out for posterity their opinions on the Vietnam war, and Peter's pacifism. Good people. 3nodding

Friendly Lunatic

Sailor Tin Nyanko
Aisha_87

People also mistake some of the Monkee's songs as being The Beatles, so there might be some songs you thought were The Beatles and were actually The Monkees.

They were a rare form of Celabraty. They weren't nasty, law breaking, drug addicts.

I heard some of there stuff before they were remake by others.

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
Aisha_87
Sailor Tin Nyanko
Aisha_87

I heard some of there stuff before they were remake by others.

That's good 3nodding

It's too bad they couldn't have held it together to make more music written by others sweatdrop

But I totally understand and would have supported their complaints and demands.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
He should be buried at sea. That way, his remains will end up in Davy Jones' locker.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff