Welcome to Gaia! ::

I think I remember reading in the Studio XD forums that you didn't have enough money to make Last Shot 5 cause of money issues?? Like you didn't get neough pre-sales for it? I dunno maybe I read the pre-sale part wrong. But when you guys almost complete sell out of a comic, shouldn't you ahve enough capital to generate the next one. Maybe you guys should invest in an accounting class, least one of you.

Just my two cents
Roughly speaking, a book published through Image after costs needs to sell roughly 18k books to break even. Any sales above that number would make that book profitable.

If a book prints 18k books and sells out of that stock of 18k books, then the book breaks even. This means, you spent the whole month making an issue of a comic without getting paid.

If you sold 20k books, the money you would make would be 2000 times how much profit you can make off of each individual book(This number is NOT the cover price).

While it's true that most of the retailers we talk to sold out of Last Shot, that means that we "actually" sold that many issues.

A lot books will make it to the retailers and end up in bargain bins. So while the book may have had high numbers, those books didn't actually end up in someone's hands. I'm proud of that fact that most of our stock actually ended up in someone's personal collection.

The bottomline is, we just weren't making enough money off of Last Shot to pay for the studio's living expenses. Which, sadly to say, is the reason why we couldn't continue Last Shot. sad

Hope that clears things up. smile
yeah that does help a lot, and clear things up. well hopefully you guys can someday get back to it. Thanx
sweatdrop I was curious, if so many copies of the book were actually purchased and there's still some slight of an interest in the book from audiences and it's makers why not just put out a graphic novel every 3 to 6 months instead of putting out a comic every month. Or was there no other alternative then to outright end the book and all subsequent attempts to get it published.

I mean, yea, it seems like the print run was a bit too small to meet the income needs of the studios living expenses. But you've got to admit, other then that it seems like it was a fairly successful title as most people picked up an issue (yea, guilty as charged whee ) and didn't go, "aw, this is crap." I can only suspect that this thread only brings up uncomfortable issues, but I was wondering, why not finish it up like WHENEVER as a webcomic if it can't make a profit for the studio. It at least gives some closure and finality to your readers. gonk
Well it is a bit comforting to know what happend to the siereis not to mention know a little more about how the industry is ran, thanks Long, but I still crave some closure....good show by the way
Goldenavatar
why not just put out a graphic novel every 3 to 6 months instead of putting out a comic every month. Or was there no other alternative then to outright end the book and all subsequent attempts to get it published.

Unfortunately, any time you publish something TPB, or comic, or otherwise, there is a monetary risk involved. With a TPB, the risk is higher than the pamphlets. And after only making a marginal profit for the last 3 to 4 issues straight, we really didn't have a choice to make any TPBs. sweatdrop

Goldenavatar
why not finish it up like WHENEVER as a webcomic if it can't make a profit for the studio. It at least gives some closure and finality to your readers. gonk

I believe I have addressed this before. I am working in my spare time to finish out the rest of the series. I have always intended to. And if necessary, I will post the rest of the series online. Though with juggling Robotech, GAIA, and other side projects, it really is tough to do. That's why I have always said to not hold your breath.

Hope that clears things up. 3nodding
man, i wish patrons were still around. i know if i had the money to spare, funding Last Shot would be at the top of my list. you guys inspired me to get into this biz. 3nodding
I haven't seen any issues of Last Shot, but i know a bit about it. (I'm not big on comics). It is a shame you guys could not continue it though. You guys are all very talented artists and it sucks for your fans. Saka is my herooooo! XD
Loved last shot! I have them, and will buy more if they make more in the future. oh yeah i saw the Revolver Cameo in Robotech comic.
biggrin who has seen the new car.
hey hows every one doin are you having a great day fishing biggrin
biggrin did they find you yesterday.
heart im lovin summer.
gaia is so awsome i just started.

yeah.. so i found gaia on accident over at udon comics. heh. i'm a very lucky man oh yes i am.... viva gaia! lol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff