Welcome to Gaia! ::

Got Sick
Bad Girl is Sexy

LMAO!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD!!!! GOOD ONE!!!! MORE TO OFFER THAN ME!!!! LOL!!! Ohhhh....what's wrong? U mad bro?

Lady Gaga teaches an important lesson that everyone should love themselves as they are. Lady Gaga loves herself. I love myself. And o p h e I i a c loves herself too. By making this post, and your following arguments, you've made it very clear to everyone that you do not love yourself. You feel like you and everyone around you needs to be what media demands women to look like. Unhealthy skeletons. Good luck with that, because in media, there is no perfection. You are always too much or not enough of something. It's a battle you will never ever win.

Have fun with it though! Meanwhile, the rest of us will take Gaga's advice, and keep loving our already perfect selves. heart

Go back and read my first ******** post. Like really. I'm talking about being HEALTHY here. If you love yourself, take care of your damned body.

Also, I had a dream about you last night like wtf I don't even know you. We were in Walmart. Why.

And I do, thus is why I do not throw up at the slightest hint of stress. rolleyes

Oh it worked? Nice. I was reading a book on voodoo last night, and decided to cast a curse on you. If the first phase was successful, then you're in for A LOT of rough nights to follow. Because like it or not, I'm your dream girl now. twisted
she ugly as hell nao, damn popstars are nothing with out there looks, shes done like the chritmas goose

Blessed Gawker

Jeb The Rock Hammer
she ugly as hell nao, damn popstars are nothing with out there looks, shes done like the chritmas goose

heeeeeellll yeeeaaaahh dawg.

Tipsy Heckler

Contrary to popular opinion, shame isn't a health strategy. You can feel good about yourself and still work on improving. Normal people do this every day.
Got Sick
Jeb The Rock Hammer

niggas need to learn how to dougie

Blessed Gawker

Jeb The Rock Hammer
Got Sick
Jeb The Rock Hammer

thas wat im, sayin
Got Sick
Jeb The Rock Hammer
Got Sick
Jeb The Rock Hammer

thas wat im, sayin

Tipsy Heckler

Got Sick
You should feel good about who you are on the inside, not your unhealthy lifestyle.
It's difficult to do in our social climate. Sociologically speaking, women in particular are bombarded with the message that their appearance is what is most valuable about them. It can be difficult to celebrate your intangible qualities when the world around you focuses on your appearance and criticizes you for it. Internal and external health aren't mutually exclusive. Speaking from experience, feeling good about my life and who I am has only helped me work on maintaining/improving my health.

Quote:
Anyway, I was criticising Gaga because she WASN'T working on improving.
That seems a bit harsh, because she's still a totally normal, average (below, even, considering the demographic trend), healthy weight. What we're talking about now is subjective and preferential, and as far as Gaga is concerned, she has improved. Her appearance at the moment is not out of hand. Perhaps not to your taste, but that's ultimately not what counts.

I hate to sound really critical, but I do feel that these arguments (in general, not singling anyone out) that icons such as Gaga are encouraging unhealthy living are less about the concern for anyone's well-being, and more about justifying existing biases.

Stone-cold Carnivore

13,650 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Caroling Champ 100
Gaga supports loving yourself and showing compassion for others, gaining weight or losing weight is sometimes unavoidable and shouldn't be a reason to harbor or spread negative energy, focus on the positives.

Timid Hunter

Normally, I wouldn't participate in a argument like this, because everyone's opinion on appearance differs, but one thing the OP said kinda ticked me off.

Nobody is born fat? Really? I've never seen a healthy baby that wasn't fat. I have never, in my life, seen a baby that was popped out of a womb ripped like a bodybuilder.

stare
i think it was a good thing that she gained some weight. She was so sick at the beginning of her tour. she dropped a crazy amount of weight after poker face was released. (or she did in my opinion). she was perfect when she started and went down hill. Her gaining weight probably saved her life... didn't help she was drinking and not eating or sleeping right before... s But never the less she is one hell of a singer and great to idolize in many manners. She even commented on her weight... she loves her body thick or thin and was happy. Something we can look up to... a thicker singer who still sexy. heart

Newbie Hunter

Bad Girl is Sexy
Got Sick
Bad Girl is Sexy
Got Sick
Bad Girl is Sexy
She gained 25 pounds. That's NOTHING. She is still a healthy body weight. If anything, it's probably for the better. She was so frail and sickly through the start of the Born This Way Ball. She would throw up backstage numberous times, and once she even threw up onstage. (But her back up dancer was a quick thinker and jumped in front of her, blocking her from the view of most of the audience). But lately, she's been doing much better. Part of it may be that her nerves have calmed since she's done the show so many times before. But part of it is probably that the weight gain has better stablized her endurance. Being active burns fat from your body. But thing is, you need fat in your body for it to burn. If you don't have enough body fat to balance out your activities, you're going to be pretty miserable.

Besides, the tiny weight gain hasn't changed the fact that Lady Gaga is still DAMN ******** sexy!

My point was that she was promoting unhealthy weight gain.

I personally think she looks unsightly wearing her old tight outfits with her new chubbier body.

So, in your mind, everyone should be throwing up every hour, and be able to play their rib cage like an xylophone. That's healthy to you.

Cause that's what Gaga was before the weight gain. She was a more realistic body weight when her career first took off in 2009. (Watch the "Pokerface" and "Just Dance" vidoes) All she's done now is revert from the body mass of a skeleton, back to what she started with in 2009.

Lol. She was way thinner in 2009. She looks terrible now.

No, she's the same now as she was then. Seriously, watch Pokerface again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY-vXcmpZIw

She's got those super sexy curves that make me, and countless other men and women, totally horny for her. Tell me, little boy, what do YOU have to offer?

Preach! Omg. The way she looked at the beginning of the tour made me want to cry. I feel for Gaga.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games