Chatty Lunatic

10,475 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Streaker 200
  • Loiterer 100
tonygreenz
VampLV52
Queesh
The theme of the album (My theory) is going to be about pairing together two opposites, to make each other one.

Think about it, ART POP. Two things that Gaga has fused together, that were separate before.

"Could we belong together" seems to be brought up a lot.

Like "The Fame" I'm sure Gaga is not going to blatantly choose yes/no, it's going to be a struggle. The songs will represent her wrestling with the ideas of two opposites coming together.

They were not separate before, and Gaga acknowledges this. ARTPOP has to do with the art movement of pop art. Gaga cites Andy Warhol as an influence of hers, and with ARTPOP, this truth is evident. ARTPOP is about twisting what has been considered both popular and artistic in the past in order to make something that is not new in the present, but reinvented. The work of Andy Warhol is a testament to the fact that the two things have already been fused together.

So reinventing something in the past that has been considered as popular and artistic, songs like Hair, Born This Way, Fashion Of His Love, The Edge of Glory and the others are influenced by the POP music in the past, so ARTPOP would be like Born This Way 2.0?? question ?

Well she also said she felt BTW was very mature and that ARTPOP would lack it so maybe its a blend of The Fame and BTW

Hilarious Noob

tonygreenz
VampLV52
Queesh
The theme of the album (My theory) is going to be about pairing together two opposites, to make each other one.

Think about it, ART POP. Two things that Gaga has fused together, that were separate before.

Like "The Fame" I'm sure Gaga is not going to blatantly choose yes/no, it's going to be a struggle. The songs will represent her wrestling with the ideas of two opposites coming together.

They were not separate before, and Gaga acknowledges this. ARTPOP has to do with the art movement of pop art. Gaga cites Andy Warhol as an influence of hers, and with ARTPOP, this truth is evident. ARTPOP is about twisting what has been considered both popular and artistic in the past in order to make something that is not new in the present, but reinvented. The work of Andy Warhol is a testament to the fact that the two things have already been fused together.

So reinventing something in the past that has been considered as popular and artistic, songs like Hair, Born This Way, Fashion Of His Love, The Edge of Glory and the others are influenced by the POP music in the past, so ARTPOP would be like Born This Way 2.0?? question ?

I feel that with Gaga it's okay to guess, but no one ever knows until it's done. And then there are many people still looking at it years later, STILL trying to figure it out smile that's why she's the queen.
Queesh
tonygreenz
VampLV52
Queesh

I feel that with Gaga it's okay to guess, but no one ever knows until it's done. And then there are many people still looking at it years later, STILL trying to figure it out smile that's why she's the queen.

I agree with you. Despite the release of The Fame having been years ago, some things do not make sense. For example, why has she never performed "I Like It Rough?"

Hilarious Noob

VampLV52
Queesh
tonygreenz
VampLV52
Queesh

I agree with you. Despite the release of The Fame having been years ago, some things do not make sense. For example, why has she never performed "I Like It Rough?"

There are a lot of songs from The Fame have not been performed. "I Like It Rough", "Summerboy", "Starstruck", even "Eh, Eh" which was a single in Europe got cut from the Monster Ball when it moved to arenas. I'm not really sure why this is, it just is razz I believe "Paper Gangsta" was also in the original Monster Ball set list and got cut during the move to arenas. As she releases more songs she has to cut certain songs, and I think it's all just based on what she decides to play, based on what the fans mostly want to hear.
Queesh
VampLV52
Queesh
tonygreenz
VampLV52
Queesh

There are a lot of songs from The Fame have not been performed. "I Like It Rough", "Summerboy", "Starstruck", even "Eh, Eh" which was a single in Europe got cut from the Monster Ball when it moved to arenas. I'm not really sure why this is, it just is razz I believe "Paper Gangsta" was also in the original Monster Ball set list and got cut during the move to arenas. As she releases more songs she has to cut certain songs, and I think it's all just based on what she decides to play, based on what the fans mostly want to hear.

She performed "Summerboy" in 2007. She performed "Starstruck" in 2008. Every track of The Fame has been performed at least once, except "I Like It Rough." crying

Hilarious Noob

VampLV52
Queesh
VampLV52
Queesh
tonygreenz

She performed "Summerboy" in 2007. She performed "Starstruck" in 2008. Every track of The Fame has been performed at least once, except "I Like It Rough." crying

The Summerboy performance at Lollapalooza was once, before she was famous.. I'm sure she also performed "I Like It Rough" a few times before she struck it really big. It was an added track (along with Starstruck) on the second release of "The Fame", she must have performed it at some bar gigs, considering her career had yet to FULLY take off. If she wrote it, she had to have performed it somewhere, even if there's no footage of it. Same with "Again Again"
Queesh
VampLV52
Queesh
VampLV52
Queesh
tonygreenz

The Summerboy performance at Lollapalooza was once, before she was famous.. I'm sure she also performed "I Like It Rough" a few times before she struck it really big. It was an added track (along with Starstruck) on the second release of "The Fame", she must have performed it at some bar gigs, considering her career had yet to FULLY take off. If she wrote it, she had to have performed it somewhere, even if there's no footage of it. Same with "Again Again"

She did not have to perform it, just because she wrote it. She has not performed "The Queen" either, and the era of Born This Way is nearly over. After the era is over, I highly doubt she will think of performing that track either. Time will tell, I suppose.

Hilarious Noob

VampLV52
Queesh
VampLV52
Queesh
VampLV52

She did not have to perform it, just because she wrote it. She has not performed "The Queen" either, and the era of Born This Way is nearly over. After the era is over, I highly doubt she will think of performing that track either. Time will tell, I suppose.

Now that I think about it... "The Queen" and "I Like It Rough" are very similar in that sense. They both are "bonus tracks" (I Like It Rough was on the second release which isn't really considered a deluxe edition, but it wasn't on the original release), and they are both tucked away at the end of their albums. That's really sad, because "The Queen" is one of my favorite songs she's ever done.
Queesh
VampLV52
Queesh
VampLV52
Queesh
VampLV52

Now that I think about it... "The Queen" and "I Like It Rough" are very similar in that sense. They both are "bonus tracks" (I Like It Rough was on the second release which isn't really considered a deluxe edition, but it wasn't on the original release), and they are both tucked away at the end of their albums. That's really sad, because "The Queen" is one of my favorite songs she's ever done.

It is sad. The song was beautifully written, and her vocals would have been so good live for the performances of it. Who knows? Maybe GaGa will do something like Kylie Minogue's Anti Tour in the future, and we will finally get to hear all of the tracks that have been neglected. emotion_kirakira

Hilarious Noob

VampLV52
Queesh
VampLV52
Queesh
VampLV52

It is sad. The song was beautifully written, and her vocals would have been so good live for the performances of it. Who knows? Maybe GaGa will do something like Kylie Minogue's Anti Tour in the future, and we will finally get to hear all of the tracks that have been neglected. emotion_kirakira

She has mentioned the songs before. In one interview she specifically talked about "I Like It Rough" and "Starstruck" (mostly "Starstruck" wink and when she was in Britain on the Paul O'Grady Show, she was talking about her songwriting process and used "The Queen" as an example. Then she sang the chorus, and the audience sang along to it and applauded.. That's the only time she ever really talks about these songs.
Queesh
VampLV52
Queesh
VampLV52
Queesh
VampLV52

She has mentioned the songs before. In one interview she specifically talked about "I Like It Rough" and "Starstruck" (mostly "Starstruck" wink and when she was in Britain on the Paul O'Grady Show, she was talking about her songwriting process and used "The Queen" as an example. Then she sang the chorus, and the audience sang along to it and applauded.. That's the only time she ever really talks about these songs.

At least the tracks are on the albums. smile

A studio version is better than nothing. I just love the live versions so much because she puts so much into them. I had so much hope for the live version of "The Queen." I thought it would have been a good ending for the show. The encore would still have been "The Edge Of Glory." That would have been epic in my opinion.

Hilarious Noob

VampLV52
Queesh
VampLV52
Queesh
VampLV52

A studio version is better than nothing. I just love the live versions so much because she puts so much into them. I had so much hope for the live version of "The Queen." I thought it would have been a good ending for the show. The encore would still have been "The Edge Of Glory." That would have been epic in my opinion.

Yeah, well Edge of Glory is my personal favorite, and it was Born This Way's most successful single, so of course it's the encore.
Queesh
VampLV52
Queesh
VampLV52
Queesh
VampLV52

Yeah, well Edge of Glory is my personal favorite, and it was Born This Way's most successful single, so of course it's the encore.

My main point is the point I made regarding "The Queen." I was suggesting it would have fit in the show before "The Edge Of Glory."
VampLV52
Queesh
VampLV52
Queesh
VampLV52

My main point is the point I made regarding "The Queen." I was suggesting it would have fit in the show before "The Edge Of Glory."

Well, I got news biggrin , artpop, I mean ARTPOP razz LOL, has 2 volumes, so does that mean 2 lead singles?
tonygreenz
VampLV52
Queesh
VampLV52
Queesh
VampLV52

Well, I got news biggrin , artpop, I mean ARTPOP razz LOL, has 2 volumes, so does that mean 2 lead singles?

I was in the chat room when she said there would be two volumes. I am so excited! Interscope asked Gaga before how she felt about promoting two singles at the same time. She said she would like to try it some time. We'll see if the time is now. smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff