Angelic Phantom

tonygreenz
Who's excited for Lady Gaga's new album named "ARTPOP"? biggrin

Pretty sure my irl best friend is!
...Aurora Dream...
tonygreenz
Who's excited for Lady Gaga's new album named "ARTPOP"? biggrin

Pretty sure my irl best friend is!

I'm not sure but I think Gaga is going to release a single this coming September, I'm guessing the title would be "Belong Together"
I CAN'T WAIT heart
mermaid sex_
I CAN'T WAIT heart
Me too!! biggrin , some of the little monsters including me have seen the album cover for it already, I'm not sure if it is official but check littlemonsters.com
tonygreenz
mermaid sex_
I CAN'T WAIT heart
Me too!! biggrin , some of the little monsters including me have seen the album cover for it already, I'm not sure if it is official but check littlemonsters.com

I saw it too, I wonder if it'll be the one or not surprised
mermaid sex_
tonygreenz
mermaid sex_
I CAN'T WAIT heart

I think it is the album cover which Interscope rejected.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
tonygreenz
mermaid sex_
tonygreenz
mermaid sex_
I CAN'T WAIT heart

I think it is the album cover which Interscope rejected.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Oh cool! Apparently this album cover is going to be in colour... which'll be pretty cool.
D0kt0r Bulletz
Not me.

Oh, why not? smile
That picture is not the album artwork. It is from some fashion magazine from years ago. Some fans speculated it was the cover because Gaga has the picture in her dressing room at each show. I cannot wait to see the actual cover.

Hilarious Noob

The theme of the album (My theory) is going to be about pairing together two opposites, to make each other one.

Think about it, ART POP. Two things that Gaga has fused together, that were separate before.

"Could we belong together" seems to be brought up a lot.

Like "The Fame" I'm sure Gaga is not going to blatantly choose yes/no, it's going to be a struggle. The songs will represent her wrestling with the ideas of two opposites coming together.
Queesh
The theme of the album (My theory) is going to be about pairing together two opposites, to make each other one.

Think about it, ART POP. Two things that Gaga has fused together, that were separate before.

Like "The Fame" I'm sure Gaga is not going to blatantly choose yes/no, it's going to be a struggle. The songs will represent her wrestling with the ideas of two opposites coming together.

They were not separate before, and Gaga acknowledges this. ARTPOP has to do with the art movement of pop art. Gaga cites Andy Warhol as an influence of hers, and with ARTPOP, this truth is evident. ARTPOP is about twisting what has been considered both popular and artistic in the past in order to make something that is not new in the present, but reinvented. The work of Andy Warhol is a testament to the fact that the two things have already been fused together.
VampLV52
Queesh

They were not separate before, and Gaga acknowledges this. ARTPOP has to do with the art movement of pop art. Gaga cites Andy Warhol as an influence of hers, and with ARTPOP, this truth is evident. ARTPOP is about twisting what has been considered both popular and artistic in the past in order to make something that is not new in the present, but reinvented. The work of Andy Warhol is a testament to the fact that the two things have already been fused together.

So reinventing something in the past that has been considered as popular and artistic, songs like Hair, Born This Way, Fashion Of His Love, The Edge of Glory and the others are influenced by the POP music in the past, so ARTPOP would be like Born This Way 2.0?? question ?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff