I've never seen it played. how?

Dapper Dabbler

20,125 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Friendly 100
Psychotic Dawning

I haven't played either but I believe one bounces a pingpong ball off the table and tries to get it to land in one of the beer filled cups on the enemy side of the table. If it lands in a cup you have to drink the beer in the cup the ball lands in. The first team to drink all the enemy team's cups wins.

Widow

President Fatcat

11,925 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Bluedragonpixie
Psychotic Dawning

I haven't played either but I believe one bounces a pingpong ball off the table and tries to get it to land in one of the beer filled cups on the enemy side of the table. If it lands in a cup you have to drink the beer in the cup the ball lands in. The first team to drink all the enemy team's cups wins.

surprised thanks!

Beloved Hoarder

12,400 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Everyone has different rules. I prefer to play where you bounce a ball into a cup of water. If you make it your opponent has to take a drink from their own alcoholic beverage. If you play it with alcohol in glass it can spread herpes and other nasty things as well as make a mess of your carpet. Other rules like rims and double bounces and bouncing off walls all really depend on where and who your playing with. You also get varying numbers of resetting up of the cups again depending on who you play with. Its alot of fun and I highly recommend it. (If you are of age of course wink )

I Karia I's Senpai

Sparkly Sex Symbol

9,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
Psychotic Dawning

Bluedragonpixie

The Basics
Two teams of two, 10 cups per side, and two ping pong balls.You can do it with any beverage inside the cups.It's preferably beer for those 21+, because you're drinking large quantities of the stuff and it doesn't hit as hard.Note however,you don't fill the cups up all the way like 1/3.Like Teatreat suggested,it's healthier to use water and have your own independent drink; because all of the following can spread by drinking after someone:common cold, flu, upper respiratory infection, meningitis, mononucleosis, and cold sores.

The rules vary by who's playing but i'll try to explain what the 'Official rules are' vs what I do or most people do!

STARTING
To start off,official rules say you can pick who goes first or coin flip.

What I do have a shoot out for it;One member from each of the opposing teams shoot at the same time and whoever makes it in,goes first,and starts the game off from there;you keep shooting until they both miss.If both starting players make their first shots at the same time,what I do is have no one drink,and have the partners start off.

GAMEPLAY
During the game 1 shot made=1 drink. If you make the shot they drink and reverse.

The 'official' rule is to have both players on a team go once and if both players on a team make their shot you get one additional shot 'a roll back shot'.After,it's the other teams turn.

Pretty much all house parties I've been to play it where one person on a team shoots it in and they keep shooting until they miss.When they do it's the other teams turn.The next round it's your partners turn to shoot until they miss and etc.

If someone makes a shot on the other team, you have to drink.You can either: take turns drinking (first shot made by your opponents=you drink,next shot = your partner), Decide who drinks the cup between the two of you, or what I do,man-to-man.What I do 'Man-to-Man' (sorry for sexist title!) is you pick an opponent on the other team whenever that other person makes it in, you drink and if you make it in only that person on the other team drinks.My rule makes things interesting if you have a close group of friends, or have a different skill level among the people playing.No one likes being paired against me LOL!

SHOOTING: Regular throw- Bounce shots -Trick shots Deflecting
But remember, DO NOT lean over the table when shooting!

Regular throws= typical basketball shot into the cup,simple

Bounce shots = one bounce to get it into the cup;most frats/college students frown on this type of shot (though for me I think it's harder).Some have 'house rules' where one of these shots = 2 drinks,but regardless,most people play where you can swat the ball before it goes in if it's bounced.(It's a fun rule!)

Trick Shots= You're a show off,huh? Nothing says 'Im better than you!' than some flashy moves.Some of the ones that I do are bouncing it off of the wall/ceiling and getting it in (which if you play the bounce=two cups rule,you'd awe your opponent even more!How can they block that?! Lol it's risky though risk-reward)

Deflecting shots
You can deflect shots too!But only if it had made contact with the cup.So you can flick it out/blow it out before it touches the liquid in the cup.(Or of you're playing th bounce/swat rule) Some house rules make this rules where only guys flick and girls blow it out...lol yeah,for that reason.

RACKING
After a game has been going a while and cups go missing you have to re-rack them.Official rules say that they have to be racked back into a trianle when you have 6 - 3 - 1 cups remaining.What most people/partiers do is you can re-rack it whenever by asking the other team.My friends ask for shapes too like 'zelda sword!' or squares,/circle etc.

ADDITIONAL HOUSE RULES
None of these are 'official' but boy are they fun!

Miracles:When the ball lands on the rim of two or more connecting cups.'Officially' this means nothing but some people play where this means you drink all cups the ball touches.

Ghetto/Literal Rollbacks: If the ball you shot is swat or comes back to you in some way shape or form,you can shoot again,lol

Ring of Death/Six Shooter/Honeycomb: My favorite! I've ended games in one turn if you play the 'shoot till you miss' rule.In the beginning it's a triangle set up.If you take out the cups at all three points and the center(in any order) it equals an auto-win;PLUS I play where they have to drink your remaining cups too.(Yep,I've made a team drink 20 cups...) It got it's names dues to it leaving a ring when you shoot said cups.You can't get this if you re-rack the cups though!

OpenCup: Another crowd favorite,if your opponent has an open cup in their hand and is sipping there drink, it's free game for shooting! If you get it in their cup that's not even part of the game,then a consequence happens.What I do is have them chug a beer! You waste your turn,sure, but the look on the persons face with being a jerk and forcing them to chug is PRICELESS!.

Drink Responsibly if you do use alcohol and are of age in your country/area. wink And as always; Have fun!

Tipsy Conversationalist

Teatreat
Everyone has different rules. I prefer to play where you bounce a ball into a cup of water. If you make it your opponent has to take a drink from their own alcoholic beverage. If you play it with alcohol in glass it can spread herpes and other nasty things as well as make a mess of your carpet. Other rules like rims and double bounces and bouncing off walls all really depend on where and who your playing with. You also get varying numbers of resetting up of the cups again depending on who you play with. Its alot of fun and I highly recommend it. (If you are of age of course wink )
Yeah, most of the times I've seen people play, it's been with water. Just smarter that way I think. o:

Thieving Senshi

15,400 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
Psychotic Dawning

Drink a beer while playing ping-pong. DUH!!! blaugh whee wink

Shameless Shapeshifter

16,450 Points
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
You never played beer pong!? surprised
It gets super competitive at your typical house party.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff