Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which Japanese food would you most want to eat? (post if not listed)

Ramen (noodle soup) in a flavor of my choice 0.20689655172414 20.7% [ 6 ]
Soba (buckwheat noodles) hot or cold 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Onigiri (rice-balls) 0.10344827586207 10.3% [ 3 ]
Mochi (sweet rice flour cakes) 0.20689655172414 20.7% [ 6 ]
Dango (rice flour dumplings on a stick) 0.068965517241379 6.9% [ 2 ]
Adzuki (sweet Japanese redbean) soup 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
shaved ice or bing su 0.03448275862069 3.4% [ 1 ]
ice cream in ginger, green-tea, or adzuki bean flavor 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
sushi rolls of my choice 0.24137931034483 24.1% [ 7 ]
pocky & or candy (in flavors I haven't tried) 0.13793103448276 13.8% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 29 ]

Enduring Master

23,725 Points
  • Energy Squad 200
  • Energy Generator 250
  • Battery 500
Okay, I don't want to be *insensitive here, but I've heard that a lot of foods from Japan may have been contaminated by radiation & will be screened for it & some may not make it to the shelves of local grocery stores

User Image

Which brings me to my point, if you could eat any Japanese food now before it's gone, what would you want to eat?

Here's what I would eat: (not necessarily in that order or in the same meal)

ume-boshi chezuka (green tea flavored rice with pickled plumb), cold soba (buckwheat noodles) with flaked seaweed & sesame-seed toppings + dipping sauce, sushi (cucumber roll, avocado roll, & pickled radish), Japanese icecream (ginger, adzuki bean, & green-tea, and **plum wine flavors) **bing su (vanilla icecream, strawberry shaved ice, adzuki beans, fruit cocktail, & chewy pieces of mochi with a stick of chocolate pocky on top), pocky (in chocolate, strawberry, almond or any flavor I haven't tried yet) rice flour dumplings with adzuki bean paste filling (in plain, green tea flavor, + other flavors I haven't tried) adzuki bean soup, Kasugai gummy candies (in strawberry, kiwi, muscat, grape, orange, pineapple, apple, + any flavor I haven't tried***)

& here's what I would drink: (not necessarily in that order or in the same meal)

ramune (in original, strawberry, melon, mango, peach, orange, or any flavor I haven't tried yet), sake, plumb wine, & green tea made from matcha (green tea powder).

*I would hope that radiation poisoning doesn't happen on a great enough scale here to make a meal of Japanese food anyones "last meal" for real. & I do encourage people to donate some food to Japan & not just start hording rice & seaweed & pocky & other Japanese food for themselves to selfishly omnom. 3nodding

**I found bing su & plumb wine ice cream at Japanese resturants in the past, but haven't seen them since the last time I was there & have not actually tried the plumb wine one, but tried the bing su.

***I don't know if there are any more flavors

PS

I'd also eat chicken teriyaki, udon soup, & miso soup with tofu, but I know I can find those here in the USA thanks to Annie Chung who makes the soups in instant microwave bowls & kikkomin who makes really good teriyaki sauce.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
If only those things were available in my area here in America...

Then I could make a choice.

Shameless Heckler

12,225 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I would like Okonomiyaki washed down with hot sake.

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Even if some of the food imports from Japan don't make it here to Japanese supermarket shelves here in the U.S., there's plenty of Japanese chefs here who can make those foods. After all, they know how to make food from their own native country, after all. And I know that no Japanese restaurant is going to go out of business just because the food in Japan are facing radiation contamination.

Prices on Japanese rice brands such as Nishiki are going to go up, though, since now there's fear centering around Japanese rice grown in contaminated soil being contaminated as well. So sushi, onigiri, etc. will be a little bit more expensive this year and the coming years.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Very true on the rice. But maybe that wont last long.

There is a restaurant in my area, but they dont offer what is in the poll list. I know cause I got a menu in the mail a couple times. There are no pastries around here either.

Wheezing Lover

13,940 Points
  • Winter Warrior 50
  • Tundra Brawler 100
  • Cool Competitor 150
Kanashii Sakura Uta
Even if some of the food imports from Japan don't make it here to Japanese supermarket shelves here in the U.S., there's plenty of Japanese chefs here who can make those foods. After all, they know how to make food from their own native country, after all. And I know that no Japanese restaurant is going to go out of business just because the food in Japan are facing radiation contamination.

Prices on Japanese rice brands such as Nishiki are going to go up, though, since now there's fear centering around Japanese rice grown in contaminated soil being contaminated as well. So sushi, onigiri, etc. will be a little bit more expensive this year and the coming years.
I found some sushi rice that's from the USA at Wal-Mart pretty cheap...

Enduring Master

23,725 Points
  • Energy Squad 200
  • Energy Generator 250
  • Battery 500
I guess I'm really lucky to be living in Valdosta GA, you'd be surprised how many Japanese restaurants there are in this area & how much stuff the have at the Asian-Mart just a few short miles from my home.

Aligatou is the name of the restaurant here that I had the icecreams & the bing su at if your ever in the area.

Fashionable Shapeshifter

4,800 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items