Welcome to Gaia! ::

you dont really have to donate cuz they already have alot of money to rebuild japan but people are still insisting. bump if u care

bump
I hope your trolling, cause that's probably the stupidest thing I've heard these past few days. That's like saying that the people of Katrina didn't need donations after a month and a half.

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
no, Japan does not have a lot of money. Also, that's like saying that if the US goes through another disaster like Katrina again, they don't need money because the country's already rich.

Ruthless Phantom

The economy in Japan is terrible, and the Prime Minster just approved a 4 billion dollar increase to the budget to help with restoration efforts. A permanent tax on citizens to help with clean-up and rebuilding is also in the works. Japan needs money.

Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
The money that Japan is using to rebuild was originally slated for other efforts, including humanitarian efforts for other countries.

Why do I know this? Because I know someone who was going to travel to Kenya as part of a team to build a museum and help out with fair-trade crafting. That has been put on hold, and no one knows how long this will be for or if it will ever happen.

Japan makes a point of giving to other countries in need. I have no doubts that it will continue to do so once it gets back on its feet. The faster it gets there the better for all, I think.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff