Welcome to Gaia! ::

So, I hear about the earthquake this morning and freak out for all of the people, watch live coverage, etc. I've been keeping the people of Japan in my thoughts ever since this morning, but some things I heard today were just terrible and I just feel like I need to rant.

Okay, so, a bunch of stupid baby boomers have APPARENTLY been posting on Facebook about how this is karma, how they deserved it because of Pearl Harbor, and all kinds of bigotry.

I mean, WTF? How can you ******** say that? Yeah people, go die because of something you did something 70 years ago! How butthurt can you be?

And here's the HILARIOUS thing; what we did to the Japanese was even worse. The nukes were ten thousand times worse than the whole Pearl Harbor incident, but you stupid old farts are going to pretend that that whole incident never happened. Yeah. Sometimes I just really hate Americans.

I just want to take people like this and show them Grave of the Fireflies. Make them feel terrible and sorry for the things they say. It's okay to have an opinion, but to broadcast it to the whole world, especially when the subject matter is so terrible? I wish they would just learn to shut their mouths.

/endrantandgeneralizations

Mega Fatcat

i used to live in japan. i moved about two years ago. for about six hours today i thought all of my friends were dead.

Codebreaking Investigator

I was watching Youtube coverage of the quakes and the tsunami, and some of the comments were pretty heartless.

"nice effects hahahahaha"

"JAPS DESERVED IT"

How low do you have to be to write that on the video of an earthquake evacuee? =3="

Loyal Senshi

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Karma?
Like you said, what we did to
them was worse than anything.
So if anything, we're gonna feel
the karma one of these days.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Some people are just idiots and racist like that. >.>

Shameless Man-Lover

They can say that because this is the internet (therefore the can't get punched in their bigoted subhuman faces), and it didn't affect them (so they, being self-centered douchemuffins, don't give two shits about anyone who was)...and because stupid people never know how stupid they sound.

It's sickening, really. I spent half the day wondering if several of my friends were safe or even still ALIVE...and yet in my Engineering class, I was noticing two douche canoes GIGGLING over it. I was two seconds from roundhouse kicking them in the face. It's disgusting.

Screw this bullshit, from now on I'm just going to pretend I'm not human. Humans are bastards. =_=

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Because some people are just assholes and heartless like that.

Liberal Sex Symbol

5,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Older people can get stuck in the past. My dad used to be one of those kinds, because he would watch History Channel WW2 marathon crap. (They of course tended to leave out the terrible things *we* did on those programs, making the Japanese look terrible.) But honestly, if I hear one single ******** baby-boomer say anything like that within my hearing radius, I'll shove my boot so far up their arse they'll be tasting leather for a week.

'Cause seriously, you're right OP. What we did to them was way worse, and the old folks in 'murrica need to get over themselves.

Invisible Fairy

I cant stand those people. For several hours I wondered if my fiance, who is over there with the military, was dead, alive, or hurt. He is fine, but there are still people who lost lives and family members there. I agree with Nova (if I may call you that), I am not caling myself a human anymore.
Wow, that's just sickening, then again, that's america, where teenagers cuss, take the Lord's name in vain, and have sex before they get married. This is one sick world we live in.

Moonlight Pirate

About WWII: The dropping of the nukes wasn't revenge for Pearl Harbor. Japan was going insane and doing horrible things to other countries, and needed to be taken out of the war, and the nukes were the fastest (though not necessarily best) way to do so. (Look up Rape of Nanjing. It had a greater death toll than the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki combined.)

About the movies: Don't show them Grave of the Fireflies. Show them Barefoot Gen. It's far more gruesome, but still just as realistic as to what happened.

About the karma comments: You can't fix bigotry. Yes, you're right. These events were over seventy years ago. The baby boomers weren't even around, and the Pearl Harbor comments are very unnecessary. Just remind them that the people who are suffering now had nothing to do with the bombing of Pearl Harbor, just as you had nothing to do with the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Ask them how they would like it if old Japanese bomb survivors were saying 911 was karma for what the US did to them. If they don't listen, then allow them to rot in their own bitterness for something they were not involved in.
i agree 100% people like that are thee worst. They are being Naïve.

Magic Darling

User Image

Say you're in pain. Say you're lonely; I'll find you!

"I agree with you 100%.
I left school early because I almost couldn't stop myself from crying about this;
yet everyone else was like, "HAHA, LOL."

What pisses me off the most, though, is the people that don't mean any of their "sorrows."
I've seen most people say how their anime will be brought down, or they're worried for
things of the like over there.

Sorry if I don't care as much as the next person about anime that much. but I've been watching
the news since I've gotten home today to see how bad it's gotten/will be;;
that's been about 4 hours straight of the news so far.
"

I wish, just once more, to hear your voice...one more time...
Fck all the people who are ignorant and inconsiderate.
It's not past. It's not future. It's present and what's happening right know, and I don't think bringing up historical reasons is mature at all. They're people. Just like us. No different.

May those who lost their lives rest in peace,
and hope that those who are currently homeless will soon find new shelter.

Japan is strong and I know they can survive.

We as the U.S. will be of help.

6,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
i has a friend comment something similer on facebook and when he came over i kicked him in the nuts for saying such a thing

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff