Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
Huntswoman
Even considering that Japan killed the whales and the sharks, which is wrong, they are not being punished by anyone or anything. If that is your line of thinking then the US should be punished for killing, mutilating and abusing, chickens, cows, pigs, buffalo, sheep, goats, geese, and other wildlife animals as well such as, moose, bears, wolves, and elk. Thats just to name a few. Japan is killing whales and sharks because that is ingrained part of their culture. It is still wrong, but they are not being punished for doing it.

we Americans are just as bad as they are by eating the animals too.....I'm just saying!
ambereen08
We should help Japan not out of guilt or pity. We should help Japan because we are all humans , the same species, we all share this planet and all effect each other.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, u so corny

Bashful Poster

5,100 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Timid 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Simple Message

I'm really tired of seeing your a** all over the place saying rude s**t that you obviously know nothing about. You better close your mouth or I'm gonna ******** it.

5,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Evil Reelando

we Americans are just as bad as they are by eating the animals too.....I'm just saying!

I don't think that eating animals is bad, what i do think is bad is killing them for the purpose of exploitation. The Japanese kill sharks merely for their fins, thats not right. When we kill a cow, we use EVERYTHING and i literally mean EVERYTHING. My uncle is one of the head butchers for Black Angus Cattle Company, and i have never seen so many cow parts being used for the weirdest things then when i went on a tour with him a couple years ago. So if we kill animals, we need to use the whole thing, don't waste it, don't throw it away. We're not bad because we kill animals, we're bad because we're a bunch of wasteful pricks.
Huntswoman
Evil Reelando

I don't think that eating animals is bad, what i do think is bad is killing them for the purpose of exploitation. The Japanese kill sharks merely for their fins, thats not right. When we kill a cow, we use EVERYTHING and i literally mean EVERYTHING. My uncle is one of the head butchers for Black Angus Cattle Company, and i have never seen so many cow parts being used for the weirdest things then when i went on a tour with him a couple years ago. So if we kill animals, we need to use the whole thing, don't waste it, don't throw it away. We're not bad because we kill animals, we're bad because we're a bunch of wasteful pricks.
While this is something we should cover later... Does it honestly have anything to do with the situation right now? Like at all?

5,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Mr Jes
While this is something we should cover later... Does it honestly have anything to do with the situation right now? Like at all?

It does have a lot to do with what is happening right now. There are people who believe that Japan got what they deserved for the way that they treat the natural world. By showing that everyone treats the natural world badly, even if we do use all the parts of an animal, we are dispelling the idea that Japan deserved.
Huntswoman
Mr Jes

It does have a lot to do with what is happening right now. There are people who believe that Japan got what they deserved for the way that they treat the natural world. By showing that everyone treats the natural world badly, even if we do use all the parts of an animal, we are dispelling the idea that Japan deserved.
If I'm not mistaken, Japan is actually has strict environmental standards. Not to mention this is the first time I've heard that Japan alone is responsible for just taking Shark fins. neutral

5,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Mr Jes
If I'm not mistaken, Japan is actually has strict environmental standards. Not to mention this is the first time I've heard that Japan alone is responsible for just taking Shark fins. neutral

I didn't say that it was anything about the environmental codes. It's just their rapid consumption of shark fins, if only an example. And no Japan is not solely responsible for it, but they are very responsible for the killing of whales and the large numbers in which they do take shark fins.
Huntswoman
Mr Jes

I didn't say that it was anything about the environmental codes. It's just their rapid consumption of shark fins, if only an example. And no Japan is not solely responsible for it, but they are very responsible for the killing of whales and the large numbers in which they do take shark fins.

@Bolded: Got any sources to back that up? I'd like to look into that later.

You'll have to forgive me to still see the relevance to why it would matter anyway. To me, its just as irrelevant in relation to way Japan "deserved it." Its just as ubsurd as saying that god was "punishing" Japan.

5,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Mr Jes

You'll have to forgive me to still see the relevance to why it would matter anyway. To me, its just as irrelevant in relation to way Japan "deserved it." Its just as ubsurd as saying that god was "punishing" Japan.

Here is a wikipedia article concerning the whale killing, otherwise you should be able to google it yourself: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whaling_in_Japan

You'll have to forgive me as well for not understanding why you cannot see the relevance. I dont think that any "god" or "gods" are punishing Japan nor do i think they deserved it, but maybe understanding where those people who say that Japan is being punished are coming from, we could try to stop it in its tracks with facts and information.

Tipsy Trader

9,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
wandering_time_lord
Shana OHara
Nature is getting them back for killing the whales and the sharks. They need to be punished by her.

You obviously have no heart talk2hand

sad just sad
Huntswoman
Mr Jes

Here is a wikipedia article concerning the whale killing, otherwise you should be able to google it yourself: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whaling_in_Japan

You'll have to forgive me as well for not understanding why you cannot see the relevance. I dont think that any "god" or "gods" are punishing Japan nor do i think they deserved it, but maybe understanding where those people who say that Japan is being punished are coming from, we could try to stop it in its tracks with facts and information.

Err... Wikipedia isn't the best source when it comes to this, but'll do for general background... at least for now.

I understand and see the people are seeing Japan "deserves it." My point is that I find it irrelevant. It shouldn't matter right now about how Japan's actions or "issues on faith" "caused" this disaster. What should only matter is that Japan has been hit and its people need our support.

As I said before, I find such nonsense ridiculous and beside the point. The way I see it... Japan was hit by a natural disaster and that's it. We'll worry about Japan's activities after the people and nation recovers.
every country killed animals if your saying japan is get punished thats just not fair the whole world should get punished including America who ever sad that japan is getting punished im going against you because i live in japan and japan is my home country. http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/compose/entry/new/71165693/#http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/compose/entry/new/71165693/#http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/compose/entry/new/71165693/#

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff