Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Codger

I'm hearing some pretty bad things. Any of you got a clear idea of what's going on with them?

Emyre's Waifu

Monster Hunter

13,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Monster Hunter 100
Supposedly there are teams that are trained for nuclear disasters going in. And I think they released some sort of chemical that is "safe" but also supposed to relieve the pressure buildup in the plants. Not sure. But yeah, if they can't salvage the situation, it's possible there will be like a nuclear explosion type thing going on... which in my mind could be much worse than the tsunami itself.

Aged Codger

so, If worst comes to worst, then we could have some sort of Chernobyl/Atlantas made out of Japan. :l

That doesn't sound too nice in my book.
I'm watching the news right now xD
They just said that when the tsunami hit the power failed and the back up generators did as well so there is nothing cooling down the plant and the radiation is 1,000x stronger than it normally is because the temperatures were rising inside there main conductor I think.

Emyre's Waifu

Monster Hunter

13,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Monster Hunter 100
Here ya go.
It's a video specifically about the nuclear reactors. What I was talking about about them releasing chemicals was actually that they released some of the radioactive pressure which they supposedly filtered to be "safe".

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff