Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Citizen

7,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Was there many casualities in other countries affected by the Japan earthquake?

Beau

I actually was just hearing on the news that Hawaii isn't in any grave danger, damage has been minimal, and no casualties have been reported. Just some big waves flowing into beach and resort areas, I believe.

Emyre's Waifu

Monster Hunter

13,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Monster Hunter 100
I was surprised; Hawaii actually didn't get it too bad. There were some surges of water on the coast but no casualties I think. As for the coastline of California and southern Oregon, I heard there was one guy who died when the tsunami swept his car away (or was that news about the Eastern U.S. flooding? I don't remember now. Dx ), and possibly one or two other casualties, but mostly the problem there is destruction of boats/docks/etc.

Mega Fatcat

No. There was no major major flooding in Hawaii and no casualties at all there to the best of my knowledge. The tallest waves in the Californian coast were eight feet, but coastal cities were evacuated. Several people went to the beach in California, trying to take pictures of the tsunamis, but were swept away and are now missing. The hardest waves outside of Japan are going to hit Chile and are predicted to be about ten feet or higher.

Aged Codger

I heard talk that an island with a population of 9800 has completely disappeared.
Then again, that's just talk. ¬.¬

Partying Sex Symbol

Exiled Poet
I was surprised; Hawaii actually didn't get it too bad. There were some surges of water on the coast but no casualties I think. As for the coastline of California and southern Oregon, I heard there was one guy who died when the tsunami swept his car away (or was that news about the Eastern U.S. flooding? I don't remember now. Dx ), and possibly one or two other casualties, but mostly the problem there is destruction of boats/docks/etc.

I didn't hear about any deaths in CA. I heard it was barely anything though and not too much damage happened.
I read that the worst Hawaii got was Roadway flooding and Water Damage to houses in lower areas. But I never heard of any super serious damages or deaths. So Hawaii should be fine. Japan took all of it. ):

Beloved Citizen

7,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Wow, I'm glad that they weren't so many, but sad for those who died or are missing.
Wasn't the Phillipines hit too, or no? Maybe that was the island? Though it could be a complete rumor...

3,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
Moonlight Kirameki
Was there many casualities in other countries affected by the Japan earthquake?

No there weren't. But there is tsunami danger level 2 in Hawaii since it's in the Pacific Ring of Fire.

Hunter

Toni Lives
Exiled Poet

I didn't hear about any deaths in CA. I heard it was barely anything though and not too much damage happened.

Correction: I do believe that there's one man dead and one missing in Crescent City.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff