Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Trader 100
Well I'm currently working on my drawing I'm drawing my little mascot character I made in a college class called box cat. The only problem I'm having is I'm planning to right "Box Cat Supports Japan!" on it, but the question is do I use google translate to translate each word into Japanese and write it out since I don't know any Japanese or do I write in English? Sorry if this throws this off topic I just enjoy random opinions.

Tipsy Rogue

9,700 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
SyrusYuki
Well I'm currently working on my drawing I'm drawing my little mascot character I made in a college class called box cat. The only problem I'm having is I'm planning to right "Box Cat Supports Japan!" on it, but the question is do I use google translate to translate each word into Japanese and write it out since I don't know any Japanese or do I write in English? Sorry if this throws this off topic I just enjoy random opinions.
Haha, i think that's a cute idea! ^.^ But i defenately wouldn't use google translate, >.< i have bad experiences with it, being a Japanese student. If you want, i can try to figure it out in Japanese for you. But i think writing it in English would be fine, these students that will be getting the letters know a little English.
Sounds like a FANTASTIC idea! I'll send a picture of my domo. n_n. This will definitely boost morale.

EDIT: Me and my friends are going to write "GO JAPAN!" on different sheets of paper, hold them up in school, and take a picture. biggrin

Tipsy Rogue

9,700 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
Captain James Cook
Sounds like a FANTASTIC idea! I'll send a picture of my domo. n_n. This will definitely boost morale.

EDIT: Me and my friends are going to write "GO JAPAN!" on different sheets of paper, hold them up in school, and take a picture. biggrin
Awesome! Those are more great ideas!!

If anyone wants to know what were doing here:
My school is folding a couple "Senbatsuru"s, or strings of 1,000 paper cranes, then sending them to an orphanage in Japan. Senbatsuru is a very important part of Japanese culture, so it'll be great to get that sent out to them! ^.^ I think Sensei's sending it in a week or so.
Wow! You got your whole school to do it? Oh and, I can't even fold ONE paper crane. :l

Tipsy Rogue

9,700 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
Captain James Cook
Wow! You got your whole school to do it? Oh and, I can't even fold ONE paper crane. :l

yup, all three high schools in the area are making separate Senbatsuru to send. ^.^ We've even going around to middle schools to get the to help out also. Its going great so far. ^.^

Cranes arent that hard, but its very helpful if you have someone teach you in person rather than using instructions. Im sure there are Youtube videos that will help out. ^.^
When someone is right in front of me teaching me I can understand better. Too bad nobody that goes to school with me or lives near me knows origami. D: Oh well.

I'm glad to hear that most of the schools in your area are helping. I'm sure all the students in Japan will be VERY happy.

Tipsy Rogue

9,700 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
Captain James Cook
When someone is right in front of me teaching me I can understand better. Too bad nobody that goes to school with me or lives near me knows origami. D: Oh well.

I'm glad to hear that most of the schools in your area are helping. I'm sure all the students in Japan will be VERY happy.

Hmm, im sad to hear that, was hoping you knew someone who knew Origami.

Thank you. ^.^ I hope it helps out too. We had students over from Yamanashi Prefecture when the earthquake struck, and i think were all worried about their families and friends at the moment, as well as other personal friends a lot of the students in my class have, so wish us luck with the cranes. ^.^
Haha, it's okay, I'll figure it out myself. somehow.

Sorry to hear that some of your friends and classmates' friends got caught up in the earthquake. I hope they're okay.

I think what you guys are doing with the cranes are AMAZING. I wish you guys lots of luck. I'm sure they will love them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff