Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ok I know that japan is got hit with like 3 earthquakes in this year. But I mean everyone is saying Pray for japan Donate for japan. I mean we have a family, we need to pay for things too. Plus it wasn't THE WHOLE COUNTRY it was part of it. So calm your tits guys, lots of people die plus the tornadoes killed 46 here in the USA. -_- Just saying... Oh and I think this forum should get off sweatdrop
JOOOOORDAN
Ok I know that japan is got hit with like 3 earthquakes in this year. But I mean everyone is saying Pray for japan Donate for japan. I mean we have a family, we need to pay for things too. Plus it wasn't THE WHOLE COUNTRY it was part of it. So calm your tits guys, lots of people die plus the tornadoes killed 46 here in the USA. -_- Just saying... Oh and I think this forum should get off sweatdrop

is got hit?

And 3 earthquakes? They got hit with a 9.0 Earthquake and hundreds of aftershocks and a few big aftershocks. Far more than just "3 earthquakes". If you don't want to donate, don't, nobody is forcing you to but to those who are now homeless because the tsunami took everything away or because the nuclear power plant is to close to their homes. And although the whole country did not get hit, this is, generally, effecting more than just the area's that got hit. Tokyo and other parts are not able to have "full" electricity because of the power plant going down and all that other "fun" stuff. Instead of telling people to "calm yo' tits", how about, if you don't care, don't post? You're post won't stop people from caring, just like this probably won't make you help them out in any way, shape or form.

Although, thank you for informing us about those who died in that recent natural disaster. Death in mass numbers and such as this are extremely sad.
Asukusa
JOOOOORDAN

is got hit?

And 3 earthquakes? They got hit with a 9.0 Earthquake and hundreds of aftershocks and a few big aftershocks. Far more than just "3 earthquakes". If you don't want to donate, don't, nobody is forcing you to but to those who are now homeless because the tsunami took everything away or because the nuclear power plant is to close to their homes. And although the whole country did not get hit, this is, generally, effecting more than just the area's that got hit. Tokyo and other parts are not able to have "full" electricity because of the power plant going down and all that other "fun" stuff. Instead of telling people to "calm yo' tits", how about, if you don't care, don't post? You're post won't stop people from caring, just like this probably won't make you help them out in any way, shape or form.

Although, thank you for informing us about those who died in that recent natural disaster. Death in mass numbers and such as this are extremely sad.

Yeah I actually forgot about the power plant.. well I just wanted to post that because it was getting on my nerves.

Inquisitive Romantic

33,025 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
Apparently, it's getting on a lot of people's nerves and they're coming to this section bringing people down because they care. I'm tired of that. What's the point in that kind of negative discussion? No, all of Japan wasn't destroyed, but a significant amount WAS. People still died, food got contaminated, and a collection of men are putting their lives in danger for the safety of others. While it might be drifting from our minds here, it's a daily reminder on their side of the world. It can't consume your every hour, but what's the harm in people being worried and saying how they feel?

Eh.

I guess it wouldn't be much of a fair discussion if people who were tired of it or didn't care weren't allowed to express how they feel, either.
0/10

Did you even try that trolling?
KatieeFalardeau
JOOOOORDAN

ROFL! No s**t ehy. ******** Japan. Im really getting sick of everyone talking about these chinks. Their radiation is comming to our contrys .. why the ******** should we support them?
Troll harder please.

Also next-to-not-true, go swallow your thyroid pills.
God bless Japanese..God bless everyone~

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
KatieeFalardeau
JOOOOORDAN

ROFL! No s**t ehy. ******** Japan. Im really getting sick of everyone talking about these chinks. Their radiation is comming to our contrys .. why the ******** should we support them?

Um, I think "Chinks" refer to Chinese. You cant even get that right.

@ OP: what monies a person donates is a small amount out of our pockets to help give a hand up to those who are in need. There are still well over 100K people living in shelters after they lost their homes during the Tsunami. Many of them are elderly - many of whom lost their families as well as property. Many are children that lost their parents along with everything they once new. Whole towns were washed away in the Tsunami waves including two entire fishing villages.
True that Japan will take care of these people. But giving a little helps with that. Besides, Japan helped us for when Katrina hit. We are just returning the kindness.
Oh look. It's this argument.
KatieeFalardeau
JOOOOORDAN

Yeah but I im not enemies with japan, I like them there very smart, but about the radiation.. not smart at all
Nyadriel
KatieeFalardeau
JOOOOORDAN

Um, I think "Chinks" refer to Chinese. You cant even get that right.

@ OP: what monies a person donates is a small amount out of our pockets to help give a hand up to those who are in need. There are still well over 100K people living in shelters after they lost their homes during the Tsunami. Many of them are elderly - many of whom lost their families as well as property. Many are children that lost their parents along with everything they once new. Whole towns were washed away in the Tsunami waves including two entire fishing villages.
True that Japan will take care of these people. But giving a little helps with that. Besides, Japan helped us for when Katrina hit. We are just returning the kindness.

See this is what I mean, I understand they lost food, houses family and stuff, but this happens a lot and I know people here are trying to help Japan because they help others, but the thing is it's very annoying. This is my opinion.

Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
*clicks the ignore button and happily pretends that the racist troll imploded with rage*

@OP: If you're tired of hearing about the quake and aid efforts, this probably isn't the place to hang out.

Generally speaking, I think Gaia is slow to remove forums like this. As long as there is potential for discussion about unraveling events, I'd expect it to stay. With the nuclear situation still quite iffy, I think this forum has a bit of life to it yet. It'll probably be here for several months, until long after the last of the Fukushima drama has died down.

Gaia has such a strong anime influence. Even though most Gaians aren't Japanese or connected to Japan, this is an area that Gaia is generally quite interested in. Check out Gaia International some time and check out how many threads are asking about Japanese or Japan in general.

A shame we can't have account options to not display a particular forum. I think in a situation like this, letting uninterested people choose not to view the forum would save a lot of frustration.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff