Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
Last year in April I went to Japan and stayed in Tokyo. Went visiting all the shrines and temples I could and saw the Cherry Trees are they alright what about the cherry tree festival. Just some questions that pop into my head. I do feel sorry for them and have known people from Japan and hope they survive and get back on their feet. Does anybody know how much historical if any sites have been damage and where. I know we should focus on the people, but I see all the effort to help the people already I just wondering whats being done to protect the fish life (sushi) and plant life (cherry trees) and other non living areas like temples and shrines and important sites. Yes people count, but these things are also part of Japan and need to be seen as something to focus on.

I a bad person I know, but with all the effort going to provide care to the people we are forgetting the animals, plants and fishes or Japan who is going to speak for them and then there is those areas that hold the history and culture of Japan that need to be seen too if less than the living plants and animal.

Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Most of Japan is perfectly fine. And the cherry trees are still blooming in Tokyo, same as ever. People are just not entirely sure it's alright to be celebrating this year when there is so much sadness going on by Tohoku. It's a cultural thing ... by not celebrating and sharing in the solemnity, you're showing support.

Tokyo is mostly fine, it'd be the cultural sites by Tohoku that you'd need to check on. If you can think of a place, you can look it up on wiki and see where it is. That ought to answer any questions you have on it. Wiki's good for giving locations. I don't think there's much famous in Tohoku though. Certainly, nothing as famous for beauty as Hokkaido or Kansai. Kyoto's untouched. I live there and I can affirm that from walking around every day.

In most of Japan life goes on as normal.

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
no, not all of Japan is ruined. Just pretty much the northeastern part of Japan. The cities on the southern part of Japan are still intact, I think.

5,900 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
There Are Totalled. Because First An Earthquack, Next The Tsunami, Then The Nuclear Bomb.Japan In Ruined. D: I Feel Bad For Those People. sad
a volcano also went off in southern Japan

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces