Welcome to Gaia! ::

Darkesu's Darling

I'm absolutely tired of how people on this sub forum are saying they care so much about Japan. No you ******** don't, if you actually cared you would go out into your own community and raise funds for Japan. However most of you aren't doing anything thing of the sort. You just don't want to actually admit that you don't give two shits for Japan's people.

Enduring Phantom

Well half of the people on Gaia are kids with curfews and school and whatnot. They could be out helping/having a life for the most part, and then coming and posting on Gaia. Not saying that most of them do, but it's possible that some of those people are in fact doing something for Japan as well as being active on Gaia.
Okay.

First of all, lots of people posting here have actually done stuff. I've donated to 3 different organizations, as well as the community buckets in my city. So, I think I've helped. Not as much as I'd like to have, but more than I've ever donated to any other organization, including my favorite charity: MS.

Secondly, you've criticized, now dish: what have you done? It's nice to see you care, your execution of delivery isn't one I'd have chosen.

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
I do care about Japan (mostly because I know people who either live there or previously lived there), and I have done my part in contributing to the cause. Here's a list of things I have done:

1. I bought an Emblem of Kannon from the Cash Shop
2. I donated around $10-15 on Mar. 13 when my community college hosted a presentation on the Japan Earthquake and a donation jar was being passed around
3. In the following week on Mar. 25, I bought a Love for Japan charity T-shirt for $10 from my college's Japan Club. All T-shirt sale proceeds go directly to UNICEF, a charity organization Japan Club chose to donate their Japan Relief funds to.
4. Last Saturday, I went to a Japanese Film Festival event at a local movie theatre. Luckily, my city was one of the other film hosting locations besides LA. :3 All sales made from the festival went to the Japanese Red Cross, and there was this adorable little Japanese boy walking around with a large donation box. I pretty much put all of my leftover money in there.
5. Made some paper cranes. It doesn't do anything, but in Japanese culture, the Japanese make paper cranes as a way of telling someone to "get well soon."
Cool troll bro.

Darkesu's Darling

Karyu-tono
Well half of the people on Gaia are kids with curfews and school and whatnot. They could be out helping/having a life for the most part, and then coming and posting on Gaia. Not saying that most of them do, but it's possible that some of those people are in fact doing something for Japan as well as being active on Gaia.
I am talking to the general public not everyone. wink

Darkesu's Darling

Qyxx
Okay.

First of all, lots of people posting here have actually done stuff. I've donated to 3 different organizations, as well as the community buckets in my city. So, I think I've helped. Not as much as I'd like to have, but more than I've ever donated to any other organization, including my favorite charity: MS.

Secondly, you've criticized, now dish: what have you done? It's nice to see you care, your execution of delivery isn't one I'd have chosen.
Oh I don't care all that much for the people of Japan. At least you do however, good job. Note this is addressed to the general public. I'm also aware that most people that have actually done something have the feeling they need to stand up for their pride. It's not about you, it's about others. You posting on this topic does absolutely nothing to bolster the side of Japan. It's more so to inform people that say they care should actually do something to show they actually care.
For others that have done something other then donate $10 to Japan I'm proud that you're actually showing that you mean what you say.

9,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
Do we really need to know what you think of ._.

Cat

20,525 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
  • Cool Cat 500
Sir Fharlanghn
Oh I don't care all that much for the people of Japan.

rendering this whole thread, useless.

I agree with the post from earlier: Cool troll, bro.
As already mentioned, the majority of people here have either contributed in some way or can't do to being kids.

Personally, I've already donated small amounts and will continue to donate as time goes on. I also plan to seeing what I can do while I'm actually there this summer.

Darkesu's Darling

Lyx
Sir Fharlanghn
Oh I don't care all that much for the people of Japan.

rendering this whole thread, useless.

I agree with the post from earlier: Cool troll, bro.
The point of the thread isn't about promoting people to care for Japan. It's more so to see how people stand up for their beliefs. Think about what you type before you type it. wink

Enduring Phantom

Sir Fharlanghn
Karyu-tono
I am talking to the general public not everyone. wink

Ah, more to deter the hypocrisy that some practice. I must admit I personally have not donated (mostly because I haven't found anywhere to do so with money in my pocket), and that means I can't criticize others for not donating either. To each his own story. Either way, I hate it when the pot calls the kettle black so to speak haha.

Evante's Waifu

Healer

11,000 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Team Jacob 100
This whole thread is stupid. <--- period

Lavish Millionaire

10,675 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Tycoon 200
like ive said before im broke and jobless but im trying to get some money by babby sitting my demon cousine. sweatdrop dang my uncel avoides paying me darn it. but the point is im trying to help 3nodding
Sir Fharlanghn
I'm absolutely tired of how people on this sub forum are saying they care so much about Japan. No you ******** don't, if you actually cared you would go out into your own community and raise funds for Japan. However most of you aren't doing anything thing of the sort. You just don't want to actually admit that you don't give two shits for Japan's people.

oh, well done, you just made yourself a hypocrite and an idiot on top of that 3nodding
tell me, dear, what exactly are YOU doing to help out Japan? how is YOUR post benefitting those in need?
and even if you don't care, because you're such a cool, apathetic customer, dood, then do you think making this topic and being a speshul snoflake with your very own thread is going to change things? or were you already resigned to the incessant flaming you're about to encounter?
either way, you could always do the world a favor and jump off a cliff

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces