Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mewling Kitten

7,475 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
wooow what!!!! people are doing this O_o what a screwed up planet we live on where people are more interested in anime than human lives!

3,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
With all the nuclear problems its not just a matter of saving Japan anymore its a matter of trying to keep the radiation down low enough that it doesn't spread across the world, because even now traces of radiation are being found in California.
Furthermore, on a different note, is it only me its bothering that there are hundreds of thousands of Dogs, cats and other pets still being neglected and left to die by themselves with no way to fend for themselves within the radiation zone
Its not just people that are dying so why hasn't anyone brought up the valid point that most of the people are safe now but there are still animals suffering and dying.

2,550 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Westice
Faithful Forever
Some people even post threads saying to save Japan...
Just for the anime.
"Save Japan if you love anime!"
"DON'T LET JAPAN DIE! IT WOULD BE THE END OF ANIME!"
*facepalm* I love anime and all, but even if anime didn't exist, I would still want to help Japan.

I could care less about anime, and I want to help Japan! What is wrong with people?!

I know, right? People can be so selfish.

4,150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
Faithful Forever
Westice
Faithful Forever
Just for the anime.
*facepalm* I love anime and all, but even if anime didn't exist, I would still want to help Japan.

I could care less about anime, and I want to help Japan! What is wrong with people?!

I know, right? People can be so selfish.

Agree entirely. While sure we may all have a passion for something our concern for the well being of others, especially in disasters, should be key.

6,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
Well yes, but you got to understand a lot of them have never experienced hardship or any natural disaster. In fact many of them think of Japan as a mythical land having strange notions of what Japan is like. Missing out on the fact that despite what is shown in the anime it is real and just like places around them. I been there and one thing it is different culturally, but they still have the same things we do they even have homeless people in Japan and now more than before as the disaster destroyed or made unlivable certain parts of Japan.

Chatty Sex Symbol

8,600 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Brandisher 100
It's all politics. The government just wants us to stray away from our problems in the US. Japan is a rich country of its own and can take care of itself. All of these fundraisers and advertisements is nothing but a mask with a false smile. Organizations and people want to gloat and stick their heads up in admiration. America needs to focus on their own problems rather then others.
Topic terminated hands down

Nyadriel's King

Apocalyptic Shapeshifter

49,200 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Brick Breaker 50
  • Waffles! 25
EviI God
It's all politics. The government just wants us to stray away from our problems in the US. Japan is a rich country of its own and can take care of itself. All of these fundraisers and advertisements is nothing but a mask with a false smile. Organizations and people want to gloat and stick their heads up in admiration. America needs to focus on their own problems rather then others.

Not quite

A lot of people would disagree with you.

When word got out in the news world-wide, people from all around the world took notice, NOT just people here in America.
And anyway, American people don't need or want permission as to what we pay attention to. Plenty of politics and "problems in America" is on the news all the time. Especially within the past year what with the Reps in Congress pulling a hissy-fit constantly because they cant have their way. They wont even meet the Democrats half way.

And the fundraisers... have nothing to do with politics. Again, we don't want or need permission from our Government to offer a hand up to whomever may need it at any given time. And we DON'T do it for admiration. Most people do it not thinking about wanting any thanks because that isn't even important. We do it because we care in whatever way we express it.

Dangerous Nerd

9,875 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Ⓘ ⓑⓘⓣⓔ Ⓑⓤⓣ ⓝⓞⓣ ⓗⓐⓡⓓ
------------------------------------------------------------------

˟Topic not terminated. Everyone apperciates help, no matter how they get it or if they say thank you or not. It's honestly a matter of pride and Japan is an extremely prideful country.

Honestly, the thought of Anime/Manga was in the back of my mind when I heard about it. Yeah I was worried about some of my favorite authors, but that goes for anywhere else that experiences a natural disaster. Though I wouldn't make that my point in trying to help.

I have friends and loved ones that live in Japan, and their safety was always foremost in my mind. I wasn't able to donate, but that doesn't mean I didn't care or worry about what happened.

The only thing I agree with is what Evil God said about America needing to focus on their own problem, but this isn't one of those times when they should. If someone needs help, and you can help, don't you think you should? It's not just America trying to help anyway, other countries are too, so it really does no good to single one country out.

6,600 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
It just tells you that people who are worried about such things aren't ready to think in a mature way.
Yes, there are some people like that but what can you do? -.-;

okeanosWave's Other Half

Runway Seeker

7,550 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
It's sad we can't just zap them off the face of the planet. What a peaceful world we'd get without them >m>
Alot of them don't have any common sense, stupid enough to post ignorant and heartless crap, think that it's fun to make fun of people dying, and think that it's fine to not care about anybody but themselves and their own family and friends.
UGH. I'm so sick of the heartless people on Gaia. TmT

Ruthless Pyromaniac

14,650 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Heckler 50
Lord Elwrind
EviI God

Not quite

When word got out in the news world-wide, people from all around the world took notice, NOT just people here in America.
And anyway, American people don't need or want permission as to what we pay attention to. Plenty of politics and "problems in America" is on the news all the time. Especially within the past year what with the Reps in Congress pulling a hissy-fit constantly because they cant have their way. They wont even meet the Democrats half way.

And the fundraisers... have nothing to do with politics. Again, we don't want or need permission from our Government to offer a hand up to whomever may need it at any given time. And we DON'T do it for admiration. Most people do it not thinking about wanting any thanks because that isn't even important. We do it because we care in whatever way we express it.

I agree hands down. Who the hell are you to say why we as Americans want to be helpful and to whom? America is a very helpful country. We don't have to focus on our own problems all the time. That's what makes us great. It also improves relations with other countries. God, what is wrong with you?

Heroes of Noir's Partner

Blessed Explorer

Bang the Devil
Lord Elwrind
EviI God

Not quite

I agree hands down. Who the hell are you to say why we as Americans want to be helpful and to whom? America is a very helpful country. We don't have to focus on our own problems all the time. That's what makes us great. It also improves relations with other countries. God, what is wrong with you?

The world would be a better place if people helped each other more instead of caring about themselves all the time.
I was just thinking about that..

Lavish Millionaire

10,675 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Tycoon 200
Faithful Forever
Just for the anime.
im an anime lover but im more concerened about the peopel then animation.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff