Welcome to Gaia! ::

1000 Paper Cranes**

8,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Thank you Wallflower - any cranes you could make would be greatly appreciated! Also any prayer requests you might have can be made here as well.

Codebreaking Genius

8,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
User Image

I made this paper crane with hope for the safety of every survivor affected by the tsunamis and earthquakes that occurred. This also is to help those who fell victim to the disasters rest in peace.

The particular person I had in mind while making this was my brother’s step-mother. Her name is Hanako and she is Japanese. She lives in America, but her family lives in Japan, and she hasn’t been able to contact them since the disasters struck Japan.

Let’s hope and pray that her family, along with everyone else affected or missing, is safe.
Please. And thank you. XD I started the thread for my friend, Lyn. She still hasn't heard from most of her family. The thread is snowballing (well, for an autistic hermit, it looks pretty good), but I think I'll keep it going until she, or anyone with a request, has found everybody.
I'll pray for all of your posts, if they want me to.

Lonely Bloodsucker

I made lots of paper cranes at home, all I need to do is string them together! c:

9,100 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
I can't help out but I could do this, I have friends affected by this and I'm just glad their all doing okay down in Japan. My heart goes out to all affected by this.

Here is a very crappily made crane, I haven't made these in a decade....ignore the room, Rez is not very excitting lol. Taken with my laptop camera.

User Image

Versatile Sweetheart

12,775 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
Very pretty cranes everyone. My attempts are in the trash can. I still like the idea, but there will be no cranes from me. Mine look like deformed Quasimodo cranes. xp I ended up swearing like a sailor, ripping them up and tossing them in the garbage.

LeafyLeafa's Senpai

Kawaii Trash

Beautiful idea <3 Thank you for posting the instructions as well.
Sweeet idea. I'll post a few later on. Thank you for this thread! heart

8,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Popular Thread 100
It seems as soon as people heard about the tsunami they took action in trying to help them. ;u; It makes me happy you're all sooo sweet! God bless y'all! ;D

(LOL.... y'all....)

Dapper Informer

I think this is a very neat way of showing support.

I may try to make a few cranes myself at some point. As of right now I do have a stars without a jar. But if I find one for them.. Can I offer a jar of wishes to go along with my cranes?

Chatty Lover

OMG I'll get on this C: Also... I think it would be pretty neat if we took the pictures and put them into a collage, patchwork quilt, etc. I'd love to help do anything for this thread C:

8,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Meia15

Thank you for the beautiful crane - it has been posted on the first page.

I Am Wallflower

Your friend has been added, God be with her. It would be great if you could pray as well, thank you!

Aroudami

I love your crane, thank you! It has been added to the first page.

Vyce Kuro

Don't worry, any cranes are wonderful, even if they aren't perfect <3

MarmeeXnoir

I'd love for you to add a jar of wishes - that would be beautiful. Thank you ^^

Silly Little Sushi

That's a really good idea! Maybe after I get more pictures I'll work on that! If you want to help: it would help a lot if you could pop in every once in a while and make sure the thread is alive and happy - I would be extremely grateful ^^

Thank you to everyone for the encouraging posts. I'm so glad that people this this idea is worthwhile. I'm looking forward to your cranes! heart

Versatile Sweetheart

12,775 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
Hey, someone PMed me with a link to this, and I think you'd guys would find it interesting....

Instead of just putting pictures of the cranes here, here's another thing you can do with them as well:

The 1,000 Paper Cranes for Japan Project- they're collecting paper cranes to send to Japan. This actually makes me want to try the damned cranes again...

Learn More Here

8,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Vyce Kuro
Hey, someone PMed me with a link to this, and I think you'd guys would find it interesting....

Instead of just putting pictures of the cranes here, here's another thing you can do with them as well:

The 1,000 Paper Cranes for Japan Project- they're collecting paper cranes to send to Japan. This actually makes me want to try the damned cranes again...

Learn More Here

Cool Vyce! Thanks for posting this - I'll put the link on the first page ^^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas