Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Vyce Kuro
Incredible Shrinking Zeno
I don't see what this does for anyone.

Well, it doesn't really help Japan out at all, but it helps people feel better emotionally maybe- like, even if they don't have money, that in someway they're showing their support of Japan even if its not monetary. Maybe something along the lines of praying, etc. Also, I'm not sure-could be wrong- but I think the paper crane stands for hope or soemthing in Japan/ East Asia?

Though, the best way to help, I'll admit, is to donate money to a charity.

Thanks for that explanation Vyce! You're right <3
Traditional paper cranes stand for world peace. Overall they stand for peace, hope, happiness, etc.

8,300 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
This is a great idea, and I'd love this thread to stay alive

8,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Thanks Ellisa! I'd love for it to live too ^^

Fashionable Bookworm

I rememeber suki and miaka telling me a story about folding a 100 cranes you get a wish...i hope they are okay
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/japan-8-9-great-quake/halos-for-japan/t.70224733/
HALO FOR JAPAN SIGNATURES

8,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Regular 100
xxX_SierraJ_Xxx
I rememeber suki and miaka telling me a story about folding a 100 cranes you get a wish...i hope they are okay
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/japan-8-9-great-quake/halos-for-japan/t.70224733/

I've heard that as well. It's a touching story. I hope that your friends are alright - would you like me to add them to the prayer list?
User Image
I am not Japanese. I do not live in Japan. I do not personally know anyone affected by this incident, neither relatives, nor acquaintances. Yet my heart still bleeds.

Fashionable Bookworm

Kikoname Natsuko
xxX_SierraJ_Xxx
I rememeber suki and miaka telling me a story about folding a 1000 cranes you get a wish...i hope they are okay

I've heard that as well. It's a touching story. I hope that your friends are alright - would you like me to add them to the prayer list?

I would love that thank you

Versatile Sweetheart

12,775 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
Kikoname Natsuko
Vyce Kuro

Well, it doesn't really help Japan out at all, but it helps people feel better emotionally maybe- like, even if they don't have money, that in someway they're showing their support of Japan even if its not monetary. Maybe something along the lines of praying, etc. Also, I'm not sure-could be wrong- but I think the paper crane stands for hope or soemthing in Japan/ East Asia?

Though, the best way to help, I'll admit, is to donate money to a charity.

Thanks for that explanation Vyce! You're right <3
Traditional paper cranes stand for world peace. Overall they stand for peace, hope, happiness, etc.

You're welcome ^.^
I hope I helped. I'm not so good with words. sweatdrop Also, wasn't there a Japanese (or possibly Chinese?) story about a sick boy who made 1,000 paper cranes in the hopes of getting well or something?

Anyway, I gotta go take a shower and fold some laundry, then I"m gonna sneak into the computer room and grab some paper for crane making.

8,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Thank you Remove by Friction! Your crane is, hopefully, the first of many. <3

xxX_SierraJ_Xxx, your friends have been added to the prayer list. May God be with them.

Vyce, you helped a lot! Thank you. Yes, I think there was a story like that. I've found that a lot of very hopeful stories surround paper cranes.
I'm looking forward to your cranes! ^^

8,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Regular 100

8,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Regular 100
More for the sake of legend and cultural belief.

Quote:
Thousand Origami Cranes is a group of one thousand origami paper cranes held together by strings. An ancient Japanese legend promises that anyone who folds a thousand origami cranes will be granted a wish by a crane, such as long life or recovery from illness or injury.

In layman's terms, folding paper cranes is believed to spread good health and wellness.
In a time like this, those who can't do much to help financially or physically can fold cranes as a gesture that the people in Japan are in their thoughts.

My father used to fold cranes and make mobiles to give as presents. My mother had a friend who was very sick and in the hospital, so he made her a crane mobile. She actually got better and had a very fast recovery after receiving the mobile, even though doctors said that her recovery was going to be slow, if she even recovered at all.
I know it was coincidence, but a part of me believes that they might have helped.

8,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Artist-Deidara-Senpai
Quote:
Thousand Origami Cranes is a group of one thousand origami paper cranes held together by strings. An ancient Japanese legend promises that anyone who folds a thousand origami cranes will be granted a wish by a crane, such as long life or recovery from illness or injury.

In layman's terms, folding paper cranes is believed to spread good health and wellness.
In a time like this, those who can't do much to help financially or physically can fold cranes as a gesture that the people in Japan are in their thoughts.

My father used to fold cranes and make mobiles to give as presents. My mother had a friend who was very sick and in the hospital, so he made her a crane mobile. She actually got better and had a very fast recovery after receiving the mobile, even though doctors said that her recovery was going to be slow, if she even recovered at all.
I know it was coincidence, but a part of me believes that they might have helped.

Thank you for that touching post Artist! If you don't mind I'll put part of it in the introduction <3
Kikoname Natsuko
Artist-Deidara-Senpai
Quote:

Thank you for that touching post Artist! If you don't mind I'll put part of it in the introduction <3
You're welcome. Go right ahead. 3nodding
Cranes are fun. I could probably do that while I pray.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff