Welcome to Gaia! ::

I pray for Japan's safety, well being, and quick recovery. Everything I say below is only my opinion on what I've seen in the forums. Thank you for reading.

Beyond that, however, I find that a lot of people aren't doing much to actively help the people in Japan recover from the devastating loss and destruction they are facing at the moment. I have family in Japan, and I've sent money, condolences, and letters there to help bring a warm smile to as many faces as I can, food to the hungry, and shelter to the homeless.

This is all well and good, but for those people who simply post "bump if you care for Japan" or the more questionable "Japan deserved it" threads really don't help at all. To be fair, the people posting things like "WWII graaaah rage rage whales troll flame rage" can move in with the KKK or something. The "bump for Japan" is nice and I appreciate the concern, but it's more or less pointless. If you've posted either or any of the above threads or something similar thereof, that's just how I see your post.

Helpful videos, such as http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cciUXpITsu0 and others not only help, but can be ongoing, similar to the one I posted above.

Please, instead of focusing your energy making threads about how sad and distressed you are and try to find methods of helping our friends overseas. You can also directly donate money to Japan with the red cross website at http://www.redcross.org

Thank you for reading!

9,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
i dont have money to send, but i commented in the threads that were "comment and i will donate $ to japan" im not physically able to go around and collect donations, either. i would do more if i could.
Noah Anne
i dont have money to send, but i commented in the threads that were "comment and i will donate $ to japan" im not physically able to go around and collect donations, either. i would do more if i could.
I've seen those too, but I question the legitimacy of those kinds of threads.

9,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
true, true. but idk of anthing else i can do.
A lot of people don't have the resources, utilities or ability to do huge things, so they help in every small way they can. I recently had a campaign on here to allow people to donate through me by changing their avatar; other people devote their time to spreading the word, giving out information or doing the best they can in any small way possible. I donate, spread the word, and continue to bump the useful threads with helpful information, and ignore the ones that are just trollfails, idiots screaming "la revenge" and such.

I'm proud to say I STILL have not created a thread in here 3nodding I agree, I feel a lot of people are like, "Wee, look at me, I'm doing something, I'm special!"

Sure, there are plenty of people who either rage about Pearl Harbor still or sit around saying "Who cares?" However, at least some people are out there trying by spreading the word, donating the small amount they can, and trying their best.

However, I agree with you. Too many people want to make this about themselves. It's best to ignore them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff