Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
so sad to see something like this! i hope everyone that is safe is not missing any family
my prayers are with all of the people suffering.
just hang in there is all i could really say..i live on the east coast.

quick question:
if the nuclear reactors were to explode will i (east coast) be affected?
User Image

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Err, California hasn't been hit by any tsunami yet so far.

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
I live in California. Nothing has happened here so far. A friend of mine who's at San Francisco State University said all that happened was a big wave crashing in, but it did little damage.
Ehh... my heart goes out to Japan, Hawaii, and California. Really, things like this don't deserve to happen to ANYONE. Unless it's the Devil himself. I hope things get better. And while I'm giving that shout-out, my heart also is still in Haiti. I know everything is not completely like it used to be back there. When the cameras there's still the mess behind the scenes.

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Animal the Kannibal
Ehh... my heart goes out to Japan, Hawaii, and California. Really, things like this don't deserve to happen to ANYONE. Unless it's the Devil himself. I hope things get better. And while I'm giving that shout-out, my heart also is still in Haiti. I know everything is not completely like it used to be back there. When the cameras there's still the mess behind the scenes.

I know you guys are worried for California, but seriously, I'm fine and sitting calmly inside my house. Why? Because the skies are still beautiful, blue, and sunny where I live. I know the news said that the tsunami would hit California, but we're not plunged underwater yet.
Kanashii Sakura Uta
Animal the Kannibal

I know you guys are worried for California, but seriously, I'm fine and sitting calmly inside my house. Why? Because the skies are still beautiful, blue, and sunny where I live. I know the news said that the tsunami would hit California, but we're not plunged underwater yet.

So no one's hurt? If so, that's good to know.

6,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
i was told that 3 people died and there was 35 boats destroyed and a 10 foot wave hit them and all the docks in crescent city. Man Swept to Death by Tsunami in Calif.

Hunter

sarah_starlight1718
i was told that 3 people died and there was 35 boats destroyed and a 10 foot wave hit them and all the docks in crescent city. Man Swept to Death by Tsunami in Calif.

Three? I heard one.
Also, 25 boats sank in the Santa Cruz harbor, but no one has been killed.

Mega Fatcat

Hawaii only suffered minor floods and no casualties have been reported. California is only supposed to get waves up to 8 feet. Coastal cities in California have been advised to move inland and many beaches were closed. Several people went to the beaches trying to take pictures of the tsunamis, and were later reported missing. To the best of my knowledge, four of the people trying to take pictures were rescued. The hardest waves outside of Japan are going to be in Peru and are predicted to be eight feet or higher.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff