Welcome to Gaia! ::

Feral Kitten

Alright so I dont normaly watch the news untill this whole Japan thing started. I have always loved Japan even before this whole thing started, but latly I have noticed that Japan is no longer fetured on the news. Really, the whole thing only lasted a week or so, but in rl Japan is still undergoing a crisis and STILL NEEDS HELP. Your thoughts?
It happened a month ago. Time to move on.
alice3610
Alright so I dont normaly watch the news untill this whole Japan thing started. I have always loved Japan even before this whole thing started, but latly I have noticed that Japan is no longer fetured on the news. Really, the whole thing only lasted a week or so, but in rl Japan is still undergoing a crisis and STILL NEEDS HELP. Your thoughts?
thats because other things have been happening the news cant focus on one thing foreva

Durem Shapeshifter

Nature's right. People get tired of to much of a certain thing. So the news picks up a different story or forgets it.
the media sucks.....japan was important and its like everyone forgot about happened....feel bad for the ppl over there

Dangerous Informer

This is what I hate about people. 90% of the time people find a story and are shocked by what they are shown, but it only lasts a week or so. And that's kinda pushing it. To be honnest all people have a short attention spand. That's why Japan was forgotten. And don't be mad that I say all people because everyone does this, including me.
ppl r liek so gey arnt dey gonk scream stressed stressed scream scream scream scream gonk gonk gonk xp

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
No, it hasn't. It's still being featured on NHK news and most likely BBC news.

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
ellie0975
This is what I hate about people. 90% of the time people find a story and are shocked by what they are shown, but it only lasts a week or so. And that's kinda pushing it. To be honnest all people have a short attention spand. That's why Japan was forgotten. And don't be mad that I say all people because everyone does this, including me.

no, not everyone has a short attention span. I STILL remember the Sumatra earthquake and tsunami, and that was 7 YEARS AGO. I even remember 9/11 which was 10 years ago and Hurricane Katrina that took place 5 years ago. Also, I have a "Love for Japan" charity T-shirt that I bought from my college's Japan Club. Every time I look at that shirt, I'm reminded of the disaster in Japan. Also, TV news may not mention Japan anymore, but if you regularly look on Yahoo news, there's always news about the situation in Japan popping up. It was how I learned that they recently upped the severity level to match that of Chernobyl (even though only 10% of radioactive materials were released compared to Chernobyl). Also last Saturday, I went to a Japanese film festival at a nearby movie theatre in which all proceeds go to the Japanese Red Cross.

6,500 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
its in newspaper its on youtube and also on the news still watch the whole thing from bingining to end!!

Dangerous Informer

Sakura Parfait
ellie0975

no, not everyone has a short attention span. I STILL remember the Sumatra earthquake and tsunami, and that was 7 YEARS AGO. I even remember 9/11 which was 10 years ago and Hurricane Katrina that took place 5 years ago. Also, I have a "Love for Japan" charity T-shirt that I bought from my college's Japan Club. Every time I look at that shirt, I'm reminded of the disaster in Japan. Also, TV news may not mention Japan anymore, but if you regularly look on Yahoo news, there's always news about the situation in Japan popping up. It was how I learned that they recently upped the severity level to match that of Chernobyl (even though only 10% of radioactive materials were released compared to Chernobyl). Also last Saturday, I went to a Japanese film festival at a nearby movie theatre in which all proceeds go to the Japanese Red Cross.

Well then I thank you for that. I enjoy the fact that someone can remember things that are important to them. And you have just earned my respect.
Japan has been far from forgotten, however, when it come's to having conversations about it or just simply remembering it, there are many people who are still doing things/remembering it. My school is going to have a concert of sorts this Friday and all the proceeds and things spent there are going to be sent to Japan (By the way, we ourselves need a few million to fix what was damaged by the Tsunami that hit us as well and we've donated a good 1,000,000+). And, the US needs to, for now, turn it's attention to those who are victims of the Tornado storms that are ripping up houses/homes, injuring, and killing people on the mainland.

Mystical Tamer

♫We once made a promise on that day
One that I know will never fade
I trace the morning light with that hand,
Recalling what my feelings were back then♪

It's been a month since the earthquake happened. Right now, the major problem the country is facing is the issue with the nuclear power plant. That's actually been featured on the news from time to time where I live.

When Hurricane Katrina hit, it was on the news for a few months (but that's only because I live in the United States. For other countries who may have featured the story on their news channels, I bet they didn't feature it so much after a few weeks.)
When the earthquake happened in Haiti, it was a major story for about a month, just like the earthquake in Japan.
There was a massive earthquake that hit Indonesia in 2004. That was a major story on the news for a couple of months, then everyone just seemed to forget about it. I still remember it, though.

TL;DR: People still remember what happened in Japan, but there really aren't that many updates on the story any more (unless it's more news on the power plant, but even that has been starting to be shown less.)

♪If a single wish could be fulfilled, what would I wish for?
I'd want to send this song to you back in time
There are these feelings deep in my heart that I don't think will change
As I lie under the cherry tree♫
In America, people watch it, talk about it for a while, and then move on to the next thing. Google news has a lot of stuff about it though, I've heard that they've built temporary homes for those who were left homeless, and that's really encouraging to me. Also, they are raising the taxes, and some factories have continued production, which should help the economic situation. Ryan Higa has been awesome, he's donated somewhere around four thousand dollars to the Red Cross relief fund. I hope that Japan's pain has at least lessened by the time I move there. It was a horrible, horrible, thing to happen to such a good country. crying
TheFatTanuki
In America, people watch it, talk about it for a while, and then move on to the next thing. Google news has a lot of stuff about it though, I've heard that they've built temporary homes for those who were left homeless, and that's really encouraging to me. Also, they are raising the taxes, and some factories have continued production, which should help the economic situation. Ryan Higa has been awesome, he's donated somewhere around four thousand dollars to the Red Cross relief fund. I hope that Japan's pain has at least lessened by the time I move there. It was a horrible, horrible, thing to happen to such a good country. crying

Japan's Trade is pretty much was hit extremely hard by this, but they'll eventually get it going, but right now, it's a completely mess, Japan's Automobile Factories are completely working in half capacity right now due to the power outages, and it's affecting what's going on in America, as they're closing some of it's car stores due to it. That's mostly what's in the news now on my end.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff