• Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
KyoKyoshiro
Scared of Life
KyoKyoshiro
Scared of Life
KyoKyoshiro

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

Aren't you just filled with sexy sayings!

Honestly I don't think I'm even going to touch that one. Some people are just way to easy.

Yes, I am easy.

As well as simple.

I am so laughing at this conversation.

It is YOU that is missing the point. It wasn't the American Government that sent all that money in that direction. It was the American people who took money out of our own personal pockets to send over there. Individuals who gave up a cup of coffee, or whatever it is we gave up, for awhile to help others. Many of us do it a lot. Republicans would love to tax us all to death. But if they did that, then we might not have money to help others with because we would not have enough for ourselves. Many people here in America already dont have enough for themselves for whatever reasons.

7,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
Nyadriel
KyoKyoshiro
Scared of Life
KyoKyoshiro
Scared of Life
KyoKyoshiro

Honestly I don't think I'm even going to touch that one. Some people are just way to easy.

Yes, I am easy.

As well as simple.

It is YOU that is missing the point. It wasn't the American Government that sent all that money in that direction. It was the American people who took money out of our own personal pockets to send over there. Individuals who gave up a cup of coffee, or whatever it is we gave up, for awhile to help others. Many of us do it a lot. Republicans would love to tax us all to death. But if they did that, then we might not have money to help others with because we would not have enough for ourselves. Many people here in America already dont have enough for themselves for whatever reasons.

Yes is is the citizens of the United States that gave up their daily wants in order to send a grand total of about $45 million in donations to Haiti, but is it the United States Government that on January 14 announced it would give $100 million to the aid effort and pledged that the people of Haiti "will not be forgotten". Know what your government does before you try and justify your own acts. Just because you found a way to give up that five dollar cup of coffee one day a week, or a pack of cigs in a months time span, doesn't make you a saint. Try living on just the necessities and you'll see that you are just wasting money on frivolous things.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
KyoKyoshiro
Nyadriel
KyoKyoshiro
Scared of Life
KyoKyoshiro

Yes, I am easy.

As well as simple.

Yes is is the citizens of the United States that gave up their daily wants in order to send a grand total of about $45 million in donations to Haiti, but is it the United States Government that on January 14 announced it would give $100 million to the aid effort and pledged that the people of Haiti "will not be forgotten". Know what your government does before you try and justify your own acts. Just because you found a way to give up that five dollar cup of coffee one day a week, or a pack of cigs in a months time span, doesn't make you a saint. Try living on just the necessities and you'll see that you are just wasting money on frivolous things.

My parents were among the working poor when I was a child. Dont try to instruct me.

Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
I feel the need to throw in some sexy, sexy logic. Backed by sources!

Quote:
We Americans guess, on average, that 24% of our federal budget goes to development assistance. The real number? Less than one per cent.

Despite laudable recent increases in US giving to reduce poverty, US aid as a percent of personal income is second to last among wealthy nations.

We give about 25 cents per American per day [correction:] year in foreign aid; with private giving, another dime.

There's a graph that I can't figure out how to link that illustrates how much the US gives versus other countries. We give very, very little per person.

Basically, once it is all balanced out, each American gives about $92 a year. The average American spends $224 on soft drinks a year. If you're really worried about saving money, cutting out the stuff you don't need in your life (such as soft drinks, which aren't even healthy for you) would probably be a much more efficient way of saving yourself some money. ^.^

7,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
Nyadriel
KyoKyoshiro
Nyadriel
KyoKyoshiro
Scared of Life
KyoKyoshiro

Yes, I am easy.

As well as simple.

My parents were among the working poor when I was a child. Dont try to instruct me.

As to the instructing, I'm assuming you believe me to be instructing you on your daily spending habits, and that is not my intention. I am however advising that before you try to belittle another and falsely claim that they are wrong on a matter, that you take a few minutes and get all of the facts. Yes some people did give till it hurt, and yes that money could have been better or more wisely spent, but many just gave up a little something, they could do without in the first place, in order to donate just because they felt guilted into it, or because it was the trendy thing to do at the time. As to your parents being among the working poor, that has no significance to any of this. My parents too were among the working-class poor, and upon seeing that lifestyle, I have chosen and have striven for better for myself, as I would hope that you have. There are so many more that, that is all they know and all they are comfortable with, so they do not try and better themselves, they merely accept things as they are, or refuse to do better and still lust for more. They live outside their means, and put a financial strain on themselves, their families, and the rest of the tax paying populous.

9,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
Nyadriel
No. But what it will do is help to keep their economy going which is also good. 3nodding

Nice avi for Japan.

7,900 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
KyoKyoshiro
Scared of Life
KyoKyoshiro
Scared of Life
KyoKyoshiro

Yes, I am easy.

As well as simple.

I wouldn't go that far babe.

Flokia's Waifu

Fashionable Nerd

7,400 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
I'll buy the candy and books...where i live, it sucks, because theres no Japanese shops or anything.
sad

Nyadriel's King

Apocalyptic Shapeshifter

49,200 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Brick Breaker 50
  • Waffles! 25
chaosthingy
Nyadriel
No. But what it will do is help to keep their economy going which is also good. 3nodding

Nice avi for Japan.

Thank you

*bows*

(this is my side)

I like yours too.

@ Crazy: none here either. neutral
But at least I can go to Stop & Shop and get some food stuffs. No pastries or anything like that though (is curious about them)

Cunning Comrade

16,225 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Ghost Hunter 250
WinterludeChaos
silverstez
Scared of Life
Like say I buy something from a Japanese company. Would that be the same as donating?

not at all
there is a HUGE difference
That Japanese company sold the product to a supplier in your country. Any money they could have gained from that they already have. Your supplier now sells a Japanese product to you but they will be the ones making new profit... make sense?

Agree 3nodding But what if you buy something directly from Japan? Not from any supplier or sort.. I'm not good with economics sweatdrop

Don't feel bad your heart is certainly in the right place and yes buying things from Japan will help to support Japan economically in future as people are currently afraid of products from Japan containing radioactive isotopes. With this stigma attached to the thought of purchasing Japanese goods many will cease to entirely so in future if you do then yes it will help but it won't help to relieve the disaster as there is no guarantee those companies would donate the money to the cause. Overall I think I have rambled more than enough but if you wish to donate money you are best off doing it directly to the charities open and available for people to donate too. Like I said you are a very sweet person for caring so much so don't feel bad that we are in such a helpless position concerning this disaster.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff