Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Kaiba the Revenge
kikurumu-kun
maybe yes but buy any stuff except from food

What's wrong with buying food-related items? Every little bit helps, and I know I sure as hell can't afford a new Toyota or Honda.

Hondas are Korean. xd Toshiba and Panasonic, along with Nintendo are very Japanese though.

Nyadriel's King

Apocalyptic Shapeshifter

49,200 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Brick Breaker 50
  • Waffles! 25
Food from Japan that is on the shelves NOW are safe - the packaged foods I mean. Like the noodles and soy sauce and whatnots. The imports of fresh veggies and milke (and something else) are currently being banned by the Government. So the worry is less than we think.

On the issue of clothes from Japan, long time ago I wanted a Kimono. Closest we get is some sort of... robe worn with your night clothes. Sorry. But that does not count as a kimono. Nor does it even look like one - not even close!

(I am female btw)

Nyadriel's King

Apocalyptic Shapeshifter

49,200 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Brick Breaker 50
  • Waffles! 25
terradi
Kaiba the Revenge
kikurumu-kun

What's wrong with buying food-related items? Every little bit helps, and I know I sure as hell can't afford a new Toyota or Honda.

Hondas are Korean. xd Toshiba and Panasonic, along with Nintendo are very Japanese though.

I have a Sony TV. mrgreen
Chakatai Khan
The difference between the two is that donation helps now. Buying Japanese products helps them the whole next week. By buying Japanese products from Japanese companies, you help the country to recover as a nation from the dent this catastrophe causes in their economy - you help to ensure that the people who are now homeless will one day have a job to return to, which will in turn help them to personally rebuild their lives.

It's a great thing to do. Go buy some rice and a sushi kit from your local ethnic Japanese shop. I need to do it the next time I go to the capital, too. whee

7,800 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Forum Junior 100
Hm. In a way, yes, because you are helping their economy. But as far as donating directly to disaster relief, not really.

Lonely Saint

kikurumu-kun
Kaiba the Revenge
kikurumu-kun

how about the radiation caused by exploded nuclear powerplant

Nearly all Japanese food products imported outside are clean. Just stack on rice sacks if you're concerned, they've been shipped before the earthquake happened. ;D
Chakatai Khan
The difference between the two is that donation helps now. Buying Japanese products helps them the whole next week. By buying Japanese products from Japanese companies, you help the country to recover as a nation from the dent this catastrophe causes in their economy - you help to ensure that the people who are now homeless will one day have a job to return to, which will in turn help them to personally rebuild their lives.

It's a great thing to do. Go buy some rice and a sushi kit from your local ethnic Japanese shop. I need to do it the next time I go to the capital, too. whee

Ah, now I will go off to splurge at my local Kinokuniya bookstore. biggrin The ultimate manga paradise!

6,150 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
Go to a Japanese store and try to find a box that donates to Japan. If not go to another Japanese store.

Cunning Comrade

16,225 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Ghost Hunter 250
Scared of Life
Like say I buy something from a Japanese company. Would that be the same as donating?

not at all
there is a HUGE difference
That Japanese company sold the product to a supplier in your country. Any money they could have gained from that they already have. Your supplier now sells a Japanese product to you but they will be the ones making new profit... make sense?

Friendly Gaian

Basically, you take money from your country, give it to Japan, and get a little something in the progress. :3

It WILL help strengthen the economy of Japan. Not by much, but it DOES help. <3
silverstez
Scared of Life
Like say I buy something from a Japanese company. Would that be the same as donating?

not at all
there is a HUGE difference
That Japanese company sold the product to a supplier in your country. Any money they could have gained from that they already have. Your supplier now sells a Japanese product to you but they will be the ones making new profit... make sense?

Agree 3nodding But what if you buy something directly from Japan? Not from any supplier or sort.. I'm not good with economics sweatdrop

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Darkest Cure
Kaiba the Revenge
Darkest Cure
Kaiba the Revenge
kikurumu-kun

I'm sure you can afford "made in japan" clothing and toys though.....
Darkest Cure. What the ********]

I can't even remember the last time I saw an article of clothing made in Japan.

I'd buy Japanese toys if I still cared about anime. Video games though, I can dig that.

Hm, the clothing bit is a point. There are a lot of Japenese video games though.... But.. 50 bucks for a game you are ONLY going to play once sounds silly... toys only sit on a shelf.... and I don't think anyone over the age of 18 is into Yu-gay-ho or Pokemon.
Darkest Cure. What the ********]

You're looking at one. And there's a lot of people who are over 18 and into Pokemon and Yugioh. Just take a look into the Pokemon subforum.

Thieving Elocutionist

13,775 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Falling For You 25
terradi
Kaiba the Revenge
kikurumu-kun

Hondas are Japanese.

Romantic Cat

terradi
Kaiba the Revenge
kikurumu-kun

Hyundai (현대) is Korean, not Honda.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces