Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,900 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Like say I buy something from a Japanese company. Would that be the same as donating?

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
No. But what it will do is help to keep their economy going which is also good. 3nodding

Lonely Saint

The difference between the two is that donation helps now. Buying Japanese products helps them the whole next week. By buying Japanese products from Japanese companies, you help the country to recover as a nation from the dent this catastrophe causes in their economy - you help to ensure that the people who are now homeless will one day have a job to return to, which will in turn help them to personally rebuild their lives.

It's a great thing to do. Go buy some rice and a sushi kit from your local ethnic Japanese shop. I need to do it the next time I go to the capital, too. whee

1,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
maybe yes but buy any stuff except from food
Nyadriel
No. But what it will do is help to keep their economy going which is also good. 3nodding

^That.
Darkest Cure. What the ********]

Vector Theta's Husbando

Mega Man-Lover

kikurumu-kun

What's wrong with buying food-related items? Every little bit helps, and I know I sure as hell can't afford a new Toyota or Honda.
Kaiba the Revenge
kikurumu-kun

What's wrong with buying food-related items? Every little bit helps, and I know I sure as hell can't afford a new Toyota or Honda.

I'm sure you can afford "made in japan" clothing and toys though.....

Vector Theta's Husbando

Mega Man-Lover

Darkest Cure
Kaiba the Revenge
kikurumu-kun

I can't even remember the last time I saw an article of clothing made in Japan.

I'd buy Japanese toys if I still cared about anime. Video games though, I can dig that.
Kaiba the Revenge
Darkest Cure
Kaiba the Revenge
kikurumu-kun

I can't even remember the last time I saw an article of clothing made in Japan.

I'd buy Japanese toys if I still cared about anime. Video games though, I can dig that.

Hm, the clothing bit is a point. There are a lot of Japenese video games though.... But.. 50 bucks for a game you are ONLY going to play once sounds silly... toys only sit on a shelf.... and I don't think anyone over the age of 18 is into Yu-gay-ho or Poke-e-mom.

Vector Theta's Husbando

Mega Man-Lover

Darkest Cure
Hm, the clothing bit is a point. There are a lot of Japenese video games though.... But.. 50 bucks for a game you are ONLY going to play once sounds silly... toys only sit on a shelf.... and I don't think anyone over the age of 18 is into Yu-gay-ho or Poke-e-mom.Darkest Cure. What the ********]

I only buy DS games (with a lot of replay value), but I try to get them new since they're less likely to be defective, and now I can support Japan.
Kaiba the Revenge
Darkest Cure
Hm, the clothing bit is a point. There are a lot of Japenese video games though.... But.. 50 bucks for a game you are ONLY going to play once sounds silly... toys only sit on a shelf.... and I don't think anyone over the age of 18 is into Yu-gay-ho or Poke-e-mom.Darkest Cure. What the ********]

I only buy DS games (with a lot of replay value), but I try to get them new since they're less likely to be defective, and now I can support Japan.

Indeed. We have solved it. [Personally, I'm against videogames....]

Vector Theta's Husbando

Mega Man-Lover

Darkest Cure
Kaiba the Revenge
Darkest Cure

You could do the same with toys; buy them and let them collect dust somewhere. razz
Kaiba the Revenge
Darkest Cure
Kaiba the Revenge
Darkest Cure

You could do the same with toys; buy them and let them collect dust somewhere. razz

-coughcough-...I wouldn't buy THOSE toys though, I'd buy the OTHER toys.

1,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Kaiba the Revenge
kikurumu-kun

how about the radiation caused by exploded nuclear powerplant

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces