Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
So what people are saying is: "Americans are the cause of the Earthquake on Japan." Not only is the IQ of this ENTIRE WORLD dropping, but the logic too. Since when does mother nature care about human afars? Sometimes I wonder about people in todays age.
Velchosus

-smiles happily-

/Clap

Lonely Star

18,150 Points
  • Gaia Artist Alley Box Achievement 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Gaia Merch Box Achievement 500
Khriztion
Velchosus

-smiles happily-

/Clap

^ ^;;
Velchosus
Nyadriel
Velchosus
-snip-

Yo! if I could tip you more than once, I would.

I am glad SOMEBODY did their homework and used LOGIC in this matter. There are others who tried to explain that and the fact that

THERE IS NO CORRELATION BETWEEN HUMAN ARROGANCE AND EGOTISTICAL IDIOCY AND NATURAL OCCURRENCES!!

Thanks D:
It just irked me so badly Dx
I'm glad to have read what you said too =) Someone needed to bring in the facts.

People can't say that it doesn't count because it was a military retaliation. It was a whole bunch of imbalance military retaliations, many on civilians, even on hospitals, medical schools and residential neighbourhoods.

Romantic Cat

17,375 Points
  • Powerful Legion 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Waffles! 25
This is a common problem with America - selfishness. They are like children who get offended easily, never forgive and do not remember what they did wrong stressed But I'm sure not all of them like that.

Nyadriel's King

Apocalyptic Shapeshifter

49,200 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Brick Breaker 50
  • Waffles! 25
Anadri
This is a common problem with America - selfishness. They are like children who get offended easily, never forgive and do not remember what they did wrong stressed But I'm sure not all of them like that.

Not all of us Americans are like that. It is the failings of the education system. believe it or not, there is an arrogance among some of the Supervising levels that have this notion that "the poor do not deserve to be as well educated as the rich". I KID YOU NOT!! I heard that comment on the news by some guy in one of the Southern states and it made me sick to my stomach. Education in this country is supposed to be on a National level and equal to all.

Lonely Star

18,150 Points
  • Partygoer 500
Legend789
I'm glad to have read what you said too =) Someone needed to bring in the facts.
People can't say that it doesn't count because it was a military retaliation. It was a whole bunch of imbalance military retaliations, many on civilians, even on hospitals, medical schools and residential neighbourhoods.

Its funny because I rarely go on "historic" rants.
When I saw that picture.. I was just like oh hell no..
Those people need to be severely beaten by something blunt and PAINFUL..
I had to put those facts out there, that is our history that those people are basically saying that we are the victims and they deserve what they had coming..
Uh.. apparently they happened to forget the Atom Bomb's.. huh..
all those DUCK AND COVER!
HIDE UNDER YOUR DESK KIDDOS..
uhh...Y-YOU'LL BE JUST FINE videos have apparently been forgotten.
-insert picture of a kid, under his desk,
on top of a minuscule piece of land with every thing just GONE around him.
He pops up, gives a thumbs up to the camera, HEY every thing is just fine!-

No.. Duck and cover usually works best for when you're in the middle of a field in a thunderstorm.
Don't be the tallest thing around and pray there's a tree somewhere near by as a decoy so you can skitter to safety.
Duck and cover ALSO works in earthquakes, get under a table or in a door way.
Stay clear of windows, places with crowded power lines, anything that could possibly collapse and cause injury to you in the event of falling debris.

Here.. Here's the actual video.
Its about .. 9 minutes but it shows you
just how little we knew about what the real damage of an Atom Bomb can do.

Yeah a lot of people forgot that our nation struck back.
Gave them a chance to surrender so we can go back to a peaceful life style.
They didn't want to as they are a Proud nation as well.
A little too proud as the help we'd tried to send to them couldn't even help them when they severely need it.
American Doctors couldn't make it past the red tape because of Japanese laws.
They could only give the minimum medical care, then they were sent back to us.
Medicines that we've tried to send over won't be used because they need to be checked and passable for Japanese use.
Which the processing could take months, and those poor people who desperately need those medicines will have to make do without or they will just sadly die.
The Yakuza, bless them, are the only ones that have bypassed the red tape and done just about in their power to do everything to help those in need.
The government hasn't tried to stop them and neither have the people.
They need the help and hell, its the YAKUZA, you don't stop them.

When Japan said no, it was our last resort to use Nuclear power.
It took only two, and just two to let Japan see that we have this power.
I believe we are a nation that doesn't like to fight if we do not have to.
Yet when our hand is forced, we try to end it as quickly as possible.
I will not add George Bush in this because.. we all know how well that went..
I will not add Obama in this because.. we haven't really seen enough to know how far it will go.
I don't pay much attention to the politics over here, you see how smart I am >>
The war was ended very quickly after the drop's of those two bombs.
The footage from the bombs being dropped are vivid and it sends you chills.

Do not ever forget for even a second on just how we were brought up in this world.

I am only one person speaking for myself and my opinion of what I see for my country.
I will one day die for my country proudly, or I will die, old with a well spent life and a good family who will carry my name.
I just hope that our generation will not have to deal with the past actions of our forefathers like they did before them.
With our constantly evolving generations, it will be interesting and yet positively horrifying on how we go about figuring out how to screw each other in new ways :/
AH LOOK
Another historic rant.

Nyadriel's King

Apocalyptic Shapeshifter

49,200 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Brick Breaker 50
  • Waffles! 25
Velchosus
-snipped for neatness-

I remember some of those back when I was in grade school in the 60's-70's and living in California for 8 years (Step-dad was in the Navy). We come back over here to Connecticut and... nothing. Not even those safety films shown in classes out there in Calif. Things like why we should not run in the school hallways and why we should cross the road at the crosswalk at the street corner and etc.

You mentioned we dropped the bomb to prove we had the power. Personally I dont think it was necessary as we were booming bombs in the middle of the ocean for all to see. I learned about this early in my years and was and still is sick to my stomach over it.

Wheezing Werewolf

10,950 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Bidding War 100
payback for pearl harbor? no one was even around when that happen (unless u are very very old) talk about being stupid to the maximum. if japans quake is payback for pearl harbor then 9/11 is pay back for the atomic bomb.
nuff said. God sometimes i wish dumb people like that would jump off a bridge.

Clean Informer

5,400 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Velchosus
Legend789

Its funny because I rarely go on "historic" rants.
When I saw that picture.. I was just like oh hell no..
Those people need to be severely beaten by something blunt and PAINFUL..
I had to put those facts out there, that is our history that those people are basically saying that we are the victims and they deserve what they had coming..
Uh.. apparently they happened to forget the Atom Bomb's.. huh..
all those DUCK AND COVER!
HIDE UNDER YOUR DESK KIDDOS..
uhh...Y-YOU'LL BE JUST FINE videos have apparently been forgotten.
-insert picture of a kid, under his desk,
on top of a minuscule piece of land with every thing just GONE around him.
He pops up, gives a thumbs up to the camera, HEY every thing is just fine!-

No.. Duck and cover usually works best for when you're in the middle of a field in a thunderstorm.
Don't be the tallest thing around and pray there's a tree somewhere near by as a decoy so you can skitter to safety.
Duck and cover ALSO works in earthquakes, get under a table or in a door way.
Stay clear of windows, places with crowded power lines, anything that could possibly collapse and cause injury to you in the event of falling debris.

Here.. Here's the actual video.
Its about .. 9 minutes but it shows you
just how little we knew about what the real damage of an Atom Bomb can do.

Yeah a lot of people forgot that our nation struck back.
Gave them a chance to surrender so we can go back to a peaceful life style.
They didn't want to as they are a Proud nation as well.
A little too proud as the help we'd tried to send to them couldn't even help them when they severely need it.
American Doctors couldn't make it past the red tape because of Japanese laws.
They could only give the minimum medical care, then they were sent back to us.
Medicines that we've tried to send over won't be used because they need to be checked and passable for Japanese use.
Which the processing could take months, and those poor people who desperately need those medicines will have to make do without or they will just sadly die.
The Yakuza, bless them, are the only ones that have bypassed the red tape and done just about in their power to do everything to help those in need.
The government hasn't tried to stop them and neither have the people.
They need the help and hell, its the YAKUZA, you don't stop them.

When Japan said no, it was our last resort to use Nuclear power.
It took only two, and just two to let Japan see that we have this power.
I believe we are a nation that doesn't like to fight if we do not have to.
Yet when our hand is forced, we try to end it as quickly as possible.
I will not add George Bush in this because.. we all know how well that went..
I will not add Obama in this because.. we haven't really seen enough to know how far it will go.
I don't pay much attention to the politics over here, you see how smart I am >>
The war was ended very quickly after the drop's of those two bombs.
The footage from the bombs being dropped are vivid and it sends you chills.

Do not ever forget for even a second on just how we were brought up in this world.

I am only one person speaking for myself and my opinion of what I see for my country.
I will one day die for my country proudly, or I will die, old with a well spent life and a good family who will carry my name.
I just hope that our generation will not have to deal with the past actions of our forefathers like they did before them.
With our constantly evolving generations, it will be interesting and yet positively horrifying on how we go about figuring out how to screw each other in new ways :/
AH LOOK
Another historic rant.
I think I love you redface redface ... I mean, really, why can't more people think like you?

Naroke Shindo's Partner

Heart Strawberry

7,750 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Okay since I horribly fail at finding the picture.

1) Enough with the "America are jerks" thread.
2) Once I find the picture. I will show you that Europe is no better then the idiots here.
It's the same style as that stupid picture full of what people in Europe are saying crap about Japan "earning" what they got.

o.o Sorry I'm getting annoyed at seeing the same picture over and over again.

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Uh yeah, they do remember the atomic bombs.

Nagasaki survivor calmly waits out nuclear threat

Quote:
TOKYO (Reuters) – Kazuko Yamashita was five when the atom bomb was dropped on Nagasaki, destroying her home in a second and leaving her with a lifelong fear that every time she becomes ill, this time it is finally cancer.

Now, 66 years later, she wears a dark pink sweater, her dyed hair in a neat bob, and waits out Japan's current nuclear crisis in her daughter's Tokyo home, a two-storey house she also shares with her two granddaughters who play on a sofa behind her.

"I may be a bit too callous about this due to the fact that I was really heavily exposed to radiation, but I don't think this is anything to turn pale over," she told Reuters.

"People seem to be much too sensitive, though of course it's not really for me to say, and heavy radiation exposure is a serious thing. But I was 3.6 km (2.2 miles) from the bomb, and they've evacuated for 20 km (around the stricken nuclear plant). I really don't understand this kind of feeling."

Almost a week since massive earthquake and tsunami triggered the crisis at the Fukushima Daiichi power plant, 240 km north of Tokyo, many foreigners and tourists have fled the country and rolling blackouts and radiation fears have gripped the capital.

Yamashita says she is not taking the situation lightly, even if she laments conflicting, overly alarmist news coverage.

"I can't say I'm not concerned, but I can't say I'm all that nervous," she said. "What I really worry about is my grandchildren. They're still so young."

Yamashita suffers from diabetes, thyroid issues and osteoporosis, which she attributes to the atom bomb that fell on her native city at the end of World War Two.

"Radiation is something you only see the results of years down the road, so in that sense it's quite frightening."

[...]

The family is limiting its electricity use as much as possible, responding to official calls to conserve power, shivering at night under extra sweaters in Tokyo's unseasonable cold. She would like to dry her washing outside, but concerns about radiation have her hanging it inside instead.

Still, both she and her mother say their problems are small in the face of the hardships in the tsunami-hit areas.

"I called a childhood friend who lives up near the reactor and said to her, 'We went through a lot more than this in the past," Yamashita said.

"Japanese people are strong, and good at enduring."

Lonely Star

18,150 Points
  • Partygoer 500
SS4 Gogeta334
OK TEY BOMBED US SO U NO WAT I HATE JAPAN THEY KILLED 2500 OF UR FELLOW AMERICAN SOLDIERS AND MY GREAT GRAMPA WAS ONE OF THEM ******** JAPAN WE R DONATING TO THEM?THIS MAKES NO SENSE

A loss that will never be forgotten, I can assure you.
I am sure your Great Grandfather was a man of great measure.
Scorn and grudge holding however as you are will not get you very far.
Our nation is built off of so many different people, all races alike.
How do you think the people who were born in Japan who now reside here feel about the attacks?
You are talking as the entire race is at fault for the Pearl Harbor attacks.
If I am wrong, correct me as you please, but at least someone will hear me on this.
No, I am sure that a good selection of Japanese citizens do not like the US for many various reasons. I can not speak for their nation because I am not apart of it and therefore I refuse to try and answer for them.

However.. I can talk a little about possible reasons as to why Japan attacked Pearl Harbor.
My grandmum who was born in 1929, was 12 at the time of the attack.
She heard a lot of it on the radio and she can remember how tense her family was.
Just the sheer amount of tension in her neighborhood alone, she said, you could have suffocated on it.
The entire world stood still for the sound of those two bombs..
The wait for the war to end..

The Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor to knock out the U.S. Pacific Fleet as a significant fighting force so we could not oppose their conquest of South East Asia and the Pacific Islands.
The Japanese were expecting their results of the attack cripple the U. S. Pacific Fleet
for a period of up to eighteen months, preventing aggressive action against imperial forces,
with the fleet to later be drawn out into a final battle and destroyed.
The Japanese launched a surprise attack on the US Navy and Air force so they could proceed in conquering China.
The Japanese believed that if they were successful with bombing the US Ships and Aircraft that they would then have enough time to proceed in conquering China.
They thought that once they had conquered all that territory
that we would be unable to dislodge them from it even if we did rebuild the fleet.

However, who ever doesn't read up on their history, lack a point of view which is critical in understanding the psyche that lead to such an event,
and it is this aspect which stands as a warning in time to all peoples.
Understanding the perceptions which lay behind the construction of such a scheme of war against the United States, at Pearl Harbor, is the greatest lesson.
All the lives lost in the ensuing holocaust of WWII are in vain and utterly meaningless without understanding the ideas held by ourselves and our enemies about each other,
and it is these ideas which hold the ultimate answer to "Why did Japan Attack Pearl Harbor."

The Japanese believed that America, as a nation of diverse races of peoples, was a mongoloid mix incapable of acting with a united singular resolve.
That perception was fueled by the propaganda of Japan.
The Yamato Race were a superior people.
America was very alien to the Japanese, and it is not surprising that a homogeneous group of people could not comprehend how such a diverse range of extreme individuals,
a prized ideal in America could possibly equate in to a united body.
Americans, thought the Japanese, were a collection of trash peoples.
Easily dealt with and who should rightly be sub servant to the Yamato Race.
Such notions are at the very heart of the belief that Japan could win a war with the United States.
They convinced themselves that a devastating attack would dishearten the Americans and lead to cracks in the fabric of the American society that would threaten its stability.
Thus, they convinced themselves that the Americans would come to accept a new reality of Japanese Superiority.

Now, this is just with the help of wiki giving me the guidelines and such, but really..
I think over time, these PoV's may have changed just a little, I can hope at least. :c

As I said, for someone who doesn't pay too much attention to history,
I do pay attention to major events in time.
They are interesting to me, like the Black plague in 1348.
Just the massive devastation alone is intriguing.
We have strains of such small but horrific diseases at our disposal guarded in biohazard labs.
Small pox, a disease that if should ever come into contact with, you are just gone, there is practically no hope for you, should you not have the vacination.
Eboli, Anthrax, and a few others that I can not think of off the top of my head.

As far as the US helping out Japan the best they can?
I see the US as a country that tries to help out the best it can to keep a world peace.
If not for the other countries as a whole, then for the US citizen's peace of mind.
A lot of us are smart and we figure things out along the way, so each of us think differently.
Again, I can not stress enough that this is just my opinion,
I do not and can not speak for the other millions of people that reside here.

oh jeez I keep running my mouth like I know everything >>
Sorry loves D;
I just tend to do my research and respond accordingly ~..~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out