Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

i dont know how everyone here feels about this kind of thing but its honestly starting to cheese me off pretty badly, and this looks like the right place for a thread like this

im about to say something that might hurt some feelings, but its just my observations on the subject. sorry if i offend any of your ~delicate artist's souls,~ cupcakes
listen closely, now.

nobody who lost their loved ones feel consoled by your shitty drawings of crying wolves and anime characters. if its not being sold in an art fundraiser, its not helping jack.
japanese people who see chanceys and audino named HOPE4JPN in pokemon probably dont feel all that much better about the national tragedy that's taken place.
posting on gaia online about how your japanese animes are going to be delayed is NOT helping the people dying of radiation poisoning, no matter how vehemently you argue otherwise.

say what you want, but if i lived in japan, i'd probably be pretty angry that people were doing s**t like this and had the gall to call it helping.

did you donate money to the red cross?
no?
well what about the earthquake relief fund?
you probably didnt give a goddamn cent.

then you have no right to sit around on your a** and feel good about yourself. your bullshit moral support (if you can even call it that) isnt going to save lives

if you want to help japan, fine. just do something that will actually help people, for christsake.

before anyone cries troll, i could say a lot worse then 'people are ******** dying, now get off your asses and actually donate money before claiming you've helped japan.'
I donated to the Red Cross.

Oh trust me. I get tired of the crying Naruto, Bleach and Pokemon pictures I come across, though.
Agent Crab

Oh trust me. I get tired of the crying Naruto, Bleach and Pokemon pictures I come across, though.
good on you, then :V

yea basically. im talking about the 20+ year old idiots who do s**t like this and go HEY LOOK IM HELPING JAPAN
uhg

Mystical Tamer

♫We once made a promise on that day
One that I know will never fade
I trace the morning light with that hand,
Recalling what my feelings were back then♪

Thank you for making this thread.
I love that picture. c:

♪If a single wish could be fulfilled, what would I wish for?
I'd want to send this song to you back in time
There are these feelings deep in my heart that I don't think will change
As I lie under the cherry tree♫
TheSpottedfur
♫We once made a promise on that day
One that I know will never fade
I trace the morning light with that hand,
Recalling what my feelings were back then♪

Thank you for making this thread.
I love that picture. c:

♪If a single wish could be fulfilled, what would I wish for?
I'd want to send this song to you back in time
There are these feelings deep in my heart that I don't think will change
As I lie under the cherry tree♫
SOMEBODY HAD TO DO IT RIGHT
its one thing if you draw your shitty anime pic and donate but dont just draw the stupid picture and say IM HELPING GUYS

i know right
saved the second i saw it because its beautiful
I definitely donated.

Drawing pictures for Japan isn't BAD, there's nothing wrong with it! How do you know if they are donating and just showing their support for Japan through art? How do you KNOW Japanese people don't care about people's drawings? Putting other people down because of their art is probably not going to be appreciated by Japanese people either!
Tiny_Flower_Buds
I definitely donated.

Drawing pictures for Japan isn't BAD, there's nothing wrong with it! How do you know if they are donating and just showing their support for Japan through art? How do you KNOW Japanese people don't care about people's drawings? Putting other people down because of their art is probably not going to be appreciated by Japanese people either!
they wouldnt need to show their support through art if they donated, that doesnt make sense.
aside from that, im willing to bet most of them dont since whenever i suggest that they should they get high-and-mighty and say they dont need to because MORAL SUPPORT IS THE BEST DONATION or some retarded s**t

lol why would japanese people care about what i have to say about people pseudo-helping their country exactly

i mean drawing pictures of crying naruto to HELP JAPAN is the equivalent of drawing spongebob sobbing over 9/11 to HELP AMERICA. its stupid, counter-productive and there are many easier, more effective methods of helping

Ruthless Bloodsucker

15,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
...I keep misreading 'Japan' as 'Satan' in that picture.

I agree, though. Not big on the whole 'inactive support' thing. I keep wondering if there's some finer point I'm missing or if people genuinely feel they've done their bit by posting 'I LOVE JAPAN AND AM VERY SAD'.
I've personally donated a bit, but can't really afford to do anything significant. However, I don't feel that by not being able to help as much as I'd like I now have the right to make meaningless statements and feel I'm doing something.
Lieutenant Commander Data
...I keep misreading 'Japan' as 'Satan' in that picture.

I agree, though. Not big on the whole 'inactive support' thing. I keep wondering if there's some finer point I'm missing or if people genuinely feel they've done their bit by posting 'I LOVE JAPAN AND AM VERY SAD'.
I've personally donated a bit, but can't really afford to do anything significant. However, I don't feel that by not being able to help as much as I'd like I now have the right to make meaningless statements and feel I'm doing something.
oh my god it does look like satan

basically this is everything i'm feeling worded with eloquence i dont have. inactive support's never rubbed me the right way, so to speak, but theres just so much of it now and im sort of appalled that i've seen people well into their twenties pull this s**t and get indignant when someone points out that they should do something that would actually help. im not saying everyone has to donate hundreds of dollars but something would be better then drawing ichigo from bleach holding a hope for japan flag <:T
Luunna
Agent Crab

yea basically. im talking about the 20+ year old idiots who do s**t like this and go HEY LOOK IM HELPING JAPAN
uhg

It reminds me of a little kid, holding up a batter covered spoon, while having a messy face and saying "THEY HELPED MOMMY!"

I do get tired of seeing all the anime characters crying for Japan, though.
Agent Crab
Luunna
Agent Crab

uhg

It reminds me of a little kid, holding up a batter covered spoon, while having a messy face and saying "THEY HELPED MOMMY!"

I do get tired of seeing all the anime characters crying for Japan, though.
except for the child is well into their adulthood and talking about a natural disaster :Y
I will admit. The guy in the first picture. The face he has is priceless.
Okay, drawing people (or anime characters) crying for Japan is not exactly the brightest idea ever (it even seems a little insulting), but if they drew something nice then they wouldn't have that many complaints against them. I think it is more difficult to draw a good picture than to run to the nearest donation place to donate some money. Most people I know (including I) have already donated, and I doubt that people would be too stingy to do so. If you're not in Japan, I don't think there's not much you can do except raising awareness (to those living under a rock) or donating.

Moral support is pretty important too. Although the Japanese people are strong, it won't hurt to send supportive words to them. Saying it on Gaiaonline will not help much since I doubt most of the Japanese living in Japan even heard of this site. It is my first time hearing about people saying how they want to help Japan and actually get criticized for its validity....lol

Just for the sake of this thread I went out and searched for pictures of Naruto characters praying for Japan. Maybe there's something I'm missing, but I don't really see the pictures as a big deal to begin with.

Ruthless Bloodsucker

15,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Kakigoori_Oujo
Okay, drawing people (or anime characters) crying for Japan is not exactly the brightest idea ever (it even seems a little insulting), but if they drew something nice then they wouldn't have that many complaints against them. I think it is more difficult to draw a good picture than to run to the nearest donation place to donate some money. Most people I know (including I) have already donated, and I doubt that people would be too stingy to do so. If you're not in Japan, I don't think there's not much you can do except raising awareness (to those living under a rock) or donating.

Moral support is pretty important too. Although the Japanese people are strong, it won't hurt to send supportive words to them. Saying it on Gaiaonline will not help much since I doubt most of the Japanese living in Japan even heard of this site. It is my first time hearing about people saying how they want to help Japan and actually get criticized for its validity....lol

Just for the sake of this thread I went out and searched for pictures of Naruto characters praying for Japan. Maybe there's something I'm missing, but I don't really see the pictures as a big deal to begin with.

No matter how pretty the pictures look, they're still not actually helping the situation. The real problem I have with moral support is that everyone seems to think it's only necessary to say how unfair this is for the people of Japan in order to help. I'd have absolutely no problem if they didn't think they were actually helping - by 'helping' here I mean doing something that will speed up recovery or make it easier.
Make no mistake: I'm not condemning people who've helped (again using my description) and have then done art or whatever about Japan, I'm just saying that in the help stakes, completely objectively, you haven't done anything more than someone who just donates (assuming you've both donated the same amount or whatever). Then again, you and I don't have the same view on moral support.

I keep saying 'help'. HELP.
Kakigoori_Oujo

i guess it just irritates me when people act like they're doing some great service when really they're scribbling down a half-assed drawing of a children's cartoon, posting it on deviantart and acting like assholes when someone suggests they actually give something important to help rescue efforts and the like. its one thing when you're five, but its a horse of a whole different colour when you try to pull this s**t passed eighteen

people are dying. you cant say HELP FOR JAPAN drawings of wolves being sad is helping anything. its barely even moral support, its just stupid doodles posted on the internet so people can pretend they're helping and feel good about themselves. it isnt like they've made donating even a small amount of money impossible, either. even donating ten bucks to the red cross with your phone is quicker and does a lot more good then sitting around on the internet posting drawings of kid's cartoons looking upset

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff