Welcome to Gaia! ::

XVI Rixal
Am I the only one that noticed that praying tends to be very religious and it kind of draws people away from donating at all? I experienced that while trying to get donations >.<
It is understandable for the prayer to be performed because Japan is a religious country, but how many people around the world can honestly say they know what religion is most dominate in Japan?
Probably not as many as we would like to think.

actually most japanese people are not religious at all.
that's why they are so peaceful and respecting each other.
japan is one of the countries with the most atheists
Jon quitted
Wrong.

Useless people pray for Japan, caring people donate to Japan.

And the MORE CARING people do both.

To be honest I don't see the problem with people praying for Japan. The Japanese actually appreciate the prayers.

Just because you don't believe in prayers doesn't mean you can say those who believe in it are useless. Because while some people can donate, other people can donate AND pray.

Divine Seeker

WhiteCherryblossomAlice
XVI Rixal
Am I the only one that noticed that praying tends to be very religious and it kind of draws people away from donating at all? I experienced that while trying to get donations >.<
It is understandable for the prayer to be performed because Japan is a religious country, but how many people around the world can honestly say they know what religion is most dominate in Japan?
Probably not as many as we would like to think.

actually most japanese people are not religious at all.
that's why they are so peaceful and respecting each other.
japan is one of the countries with the most atheists

That is kinda what I just said.
Where most of them do not believe in any kinds of gods, the Japanese do still have many traditional holidays that stem off of religion and where many people in America and around the world celebrate Christmas but don't know much of anything about it, the Japanese do happen to know why they celebrate the holiday and the historical and religious aspects behind it.
What I meant was that many people on this planet think they understand that Japan is full of very religious people. The people themselves are not as religious as the idea of the country.
And besides, the religions of Japan (Shinto and Buddhism for those that were wondering but might not have known) go hand in hand with all of their traditions which ultimately influences at least some part of their life.
Frorxest
Actually, Prayers aren't performed strictly by useless people, anyone can pray for Japan's safety, they still care about Japan in some sort of way... Just let people deal with the situation the way they wish to do so...

[color =green] yah! he's right,, i donated and prayed according to my religion! >.<

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff