Welcome to Gaia! ::

Familiar Informer

6,300 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Profitable 100
I heard on the radio today that the bible said "non-christains/belivers shall face my fraith" or something like that.I also found out that the people of haiti belived in voodoo.Do you think people there should convert or is it too late? gonk
__________________________________Edits:
Where in the heck do people come with the assumption that I think I want them dead?! eek
I know about plates,# of yearly quakes there,and how they happen. No need to post the stuff I studied and aced a test in last week.
I didn't expect counter arguement since the people on the radio station didn't have nothing to say back.Imagined topic respondes:
Quote:
"what radio station said this" or "donate translated bibles" confused

I got my answer so theres no need to repeat what other people said. confused

Citizen

neutral
What are you talking about?

Party Seeker

8,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
What is this I don't even... gonk

I'm Japanese, half my family is Catholic.
I'm Buddhist but honestly I don't think religion has to do with... Anything.

Familiar Informer

6,300 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Profitable 100
Cryptocrystalline
neutral

From bible:
Kill everyone who has religious views that are different than your own. Deuteronomy 17:2-7

5,300 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Chairokokujin
Cryptocrystalline
neutral

From bible:
Kill everyone who has religious views that are different than your own. Deuteronomy 17:2-7

....Your making me wonder if your one of those psychotic religious people whom do anything for their religion. Their driven by madness, they assume they can hear the voice of god or their gods. Whatever they imagine their god/gods tell them to do, they do it without question and think they will be spared in whatever wrath will be inflicted upon the world and it's ' Non-Believers '

Familiar Informer

6,300 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Profitable 100
III-Kaito-III
Chairokokujin
Cryptocrystalline
neutral

From bible:

....Your making me wonder if your one of those psychotic religious people whom do anything for their religion. Their driven by madness, they assume they can hear the voice of god or their gods. Whatever they imagine their god/gods tell them to do, they do it without question and think they will be spared in whatever wrath will be inflicted upon the world and it's ' Non-Believers '
not really I haven't even been to church last sunday.In the bible to me it's bascially saying that all non-christains will go to hell.I don't want anyone going to hell.

Party Seeker

8,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Chairokokujin
III-Kaito-III
Chairokokujin
Cryptocrystalline
neutral

From bible:

not really I haven't even been to church last sunday.In the bible to me it's bascially saying that all non-christains will go to hell.I don't want anyone going to hell.

I think you can only go to hell if you believe it exists.

Familiar Informer

6,300 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Profitable 100
drink more ovaltine
Chairokokujin
III-Kaito-III
Chairokokujin
Cryptocrystalline
neutral

From bible:

I think you can only go to hell if you believe it exists.
There can't be any good with out evil.If there wasn't evil,how could something be good?

5,300 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Chairokokujin
III-Kaito-III
Chairokokujin
Cryptocrystalline
neutral

From bible:

Never mind about what I said earlier then. I doubt anyone will be going to hell.

Eloquent Entrepreneur

12,000 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Elocutionist 200
Chairokokujin
There can't be any good with out evil.If there wasn't evil,how could something be good?

Why does there even have to be good and evil?

I mean, don't get me wrong. Religion and Christianity can be a great guide for helping people to just be great people, but you know, real life isn't so black and white polarized between evil and good. Reality has a lot of gray and reality, rather than "good" and "evil" it's more like "different opinions".

I mean, some people are pathologically insane and clearly not normal, but I dunno if that really means that they're "evil" if they do bad things. They're probably just crazy.

A lot of people in Japan aren't Christian, but there are many Christians. They might not be the minority, but they're there.

Japan doesn't even technically have a set religion. Things are are generally culturally divided between Buddhism and Shinto just based on occasion. That's probably an oversimplistic generalization, but for the purpose of this post, I think it's good enough. The funny thing is when you really get to studying Buddhism, Siddartha is kind of a lot like Jesus. Only, when Buddhism gets proliferated around the world, the Buddhist missionaries don't go telling people they're going to go to hell for not believing in Buddhism. Buddhists find a way to adapt their religion to the local area in order to peacefully allow the local people to understand Buddhist teachings and incorporate them into their lives. Buddhism as it is in China shares the stage with Taoism and Confucianism just as it shares the stage in Japan with Shinto. Buddhism is the local while Shinto is the universal.

If we're going for a "good" and "evil" dichotomy, Christianity sounds more "evil" than Buddhism since Christians tend to cause war and strife simply because of religious differences.

For me, I'm not particularly religious, but I was raised Christian. After getting an education though, I really find myself aligning more with Buddhism. I don't like the idea of organized religion dictating what people are to do and blatantly telling people they're going to hell. I seriously don't believe that God would send good people to hell and there are many Christian preachers that believe that if a person is truly good in their own beliefs, that they won't be sent to hell. I mean, if you're trying to convert people, why would you tell your partitioner that even though they converted, that their poor grandma that's set in their ways that they love dearly is going to go to hell? How is that a good example of God's love?

5,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Friendly 100
III-Kaito-III
Chairokokujin
III-Kaito-III
Chairokokujin
Cryptocrystalline
neutral

From bible:

Never mind about what I said earlier then. I doubt anyone will be going to hell.

who know about all this stuff but as i see it their no heaven and hell we leaving in it as i see earth is both and when we die their nothing but darkness unless we're reborn

Mystical Tamer

♫We once made a promise on that day
One that I know will never fade
I trace the morning light with that hand,
Recalling what my feelings were back then♪

Religion has nothing to do with what happens underneath the earth's crust.

♪If a single wish could be fulfilled, what would I wish for?
I'd want to send this song to you back in time
There are these feelings deep in my heart that I don't think will change
As I lie under the cherry tree♫

5,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Friendly 100
I do believe in something is there but, I Dont't believe in god cause no one person can be that powerful and if he was thier and truly good as people say shouldnt the world be more peaceful.

where i live, at the moment there people who are trying to force the bible onto people by putting up signs and saying ur going to hell. funny, you think when the cops arresting them for creating a distrubance they would stop but no they just come back. This time saying the world going end and nobody but believers will go to heaven if that true, agian doesnt that make this so called god 'evil'.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff