Uhhhh... > _> 0.26984126984127 27.0% [ 51 ]
Total Votes:[ 189 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Original Loiterer

20,750 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50

I like knowing exact numbers, or as close to exact as possible.
Since the earthquake and tsunami, the National Police Agency has been keeping count of all the damage done.
Everyday the count is updated.

Here you can see the official count of all the dead, lost, and injured and all the damage to buildings, etc. as of today.
It gives you a better look at how things are looking over there.

I hope this helps someone. If not, oh well.
The thread will die in all the apocalypse madness. -sigh-

It's really unfortunate to see how many people have lost their lives, family, homes, and friends. D: Hopefully everyone can recover in time. T ^T

Updates:

- 29 MAR -
11,102 Dead --- 16,493 Missing --- 2,778 Injured

- 30 MAR -
11,362 Dead --- 16,290 Missing --- 2,872 Injured

- 31 MAR -
11,438 Dead --- 16,541 Missing --- 2,873 Injured

- 3 APR-
12,009 Dead --- 15,472 Missing --- 2,878 Injured

- 4 APR -
12,175 Dead --- 15,489 Missing --- 2,858 Injured

- 5 APR -
12,431 Dead --- 15,153 Missing --- 2,869 Injured

- 6 APR -
12,494 Dead --- 15,107 Missing --- 2,866 Injured

- 7 APR -
12,608 Dead --- 15,073 Missing --- 4,222 Injured

- 9 APR -
12,915 Dead --- 14,921 Missing --- 4,711 Injured

- 12 APR -
13,232 Dead --- 14,554 Missing --- 4,756 Injured

- 15 APR -
13,591 Dead --- 14,497 Missing --- 4,916 Injured

- 17 APR -
13,802 Dead --- 14,129 Missing --- 4,928 Injured

- 25 APR -
14,358 Dead --- 11,889 Missing --- 5,314 Injured

This is a useful thread out of all the others out there -_-. It's nice to have an exact number since the news keeps messing it up but still, ugh. It's a damn shame to see this, it really is.
Thank you for the information. It is useful, though very, very painful as well.

Original Loiterer

20,750 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Seduction of Lucifer
This is a useful thread out of all the others out there -_-. It's nice to have an exact number since the news keeps messing it up but still, ugh. It's a damn shame to see this, it really is.

I know how you feel. =_=; What prompted me to post this was someone at work saying only 5,000 people were dead with around 7,000 missing. I feel that a lot of people think the same as my coworker. I feel bad for all the people, pets, and families. T _T

Original Loiterer

20,750 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Daring Scylla
You're welcome. I agree. But I think it's important to really understand the damages. D:
Conceptual Misconception
Daring Scylla
You're welcome. I agree. But I think it's important to really understand the damages. D:

it is, or else people mouth off about crap they don't know about

nice thread and thank you

Nyadriel's King

Apocalyptic Shapeshifter

49,200 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Brick Breaker 50
  • Waffles! 25
Conceptual Misconception
Daring Scylla

Maybe you should print all that out and post it up at word.

Personally, I keep getting the feeling a lot more people had died from this. I hear a report that an entire fishing village is gone and that it had 15,000 residents. This isnt even over for them as the death toll will probably continue to rise as more people who are in shelters are suffering from the cold and lack of food and water because it is becoming difficult to get supplies to where they are needed most because gas to fuel the truckloads are little to non-existent as people have been hoarding.

Heard on the news on Saturday the deliveries of food and water to people in shelters have slowed down.

Original Loiterer

20,750 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Lord Elwrind
Conceptual Misconception
Daring Scylla

Maybe you should print all that out and post it up at word.

Personally, I keep getting the feeling a lot more people had died from this. I hear a report that an entire fishing village is gone and that it had 15,000 residents. This isnt even over for them as the death toll will probably continue to rise as more people who are in shelters are suffering from the cold and lack of food and water because it is becoming difficult to get supplies to where they are needed most because gas to fuel the truckloads are little to non-existent as people have been hoarding.

Heard on the news on Saturday the deliveries of food and water to people in shelters have slowed down.

Well, because I work in Korea, not all the Koreans I work with are sad about this happening, unfortunately. They continue to look at Japan as one whole evil entity because of the past (and in some ways the present) between the two countries, and see Japan suffering rather than human beings. Instead they should take into consideration that not everyone in Japan hates Korea. Not everyone in Japan is glad Japan invaded Korea long ago and did all types of terrible things. All countries mess up. It's part of being human. If any country that was ever wronged by another country held a grudge like that, no one in the world would talk to anyone outside their own country. It would be like a falling out between friends where you stop talking for weeks and ignore each other.

Anyway, I think how the police are taking these numbers are based on how many bodies they find, how many people have been reported by family or friends as missing, and the count of the damage to the structures seem pretty accurate. So, if a family or friend doesn't report someone as missing, they aren't counted in the missing toll. I feel that most of the "missing" are actually dead. D: The families don't know where they are, and their bodies haven't been recovered yet. But I hope that this isn't the case for all of them.

A lot of people have left Japan recently. I know around 30,000 people have relocated here to South Korea in the past week. Possibly more have since I last paid attention to the amount of refugees moving here. So I hope the supplies are slowing down because less people need aid, not because it's not available. My friends in Japan say that they have enough supplies and everything is pretty calm. They keep reminding me not to pay attention to the news too. Haha. They've also told me that Japan is expecting another major earthquake to close the gap that was made in the plates... No one knows when it will happen yet, but most people I talk to (including myself), hope it's sooner than later. Rebuilding to have it all destroyed again would not be good. Especially considering how dangerous it would be if workers were rebuilding when it struck and they had no way to evacuate the scaffolding or equipment in time...

-sigh- I hope these catastrophes are done for this year after this...
Sorry for the wall of text! D:

Questing Seeker

10,725 Points
  • Married 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Nostalgic Scrapbooker 50
Bump for you. Thanks for keeping the rest of us informed.

6,900 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
Thanks for the info. Bump.
I came in this forum to see the death toll and this was the first topic listed. Glad to see that it's not about 50,000.
Thanks!

Nyadriel's King

Apocalyptic Shapeshifter

49,200 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Brick Breaker 50
  • Waffles! 25
Conceptual Misconception

Well, because I work in Korea, not all the Koreans I work with are sad about this happening, unfortunately. They continue to look at Japan as one whole evil entity because of the past (and in some ways the present) between the two countries, and see Japan suffering rather than human beings. Instead they should take into consideration that not everyone in Japan hates Korea. Not everyone in Japan is glad Japan invaded Korea long ago and did all types of terrible things. All countries mess up. It's part of being human. If any country that was ever wronged by another country held a grudge like that, no one in the world would talk to anyone outside their own country. It would be like a falling out between friends where you stop talking for weeks and ignore each other.

Anyway, I think how the police are taking these numbers are based on how many bodies they find, how many people have been reported by family or friends as missing, and the count of the damage to the structures seem pretty accurate. So, if a family or friend doesn't report someone as missing, they aren't counted in the missing toll. I feel that most of the "missing" are actually dead. D: The families don't know where they are, and their bodies haven't been recovered yet. But I hope that this isn't the case for all of them.

A lot of people have left Japan recently. I know around 30,000 people have relocated here to South Korea in the past week. Possibly more have since I last paid attention to the amount of refugees moving here. So I hope the supplies are slowing down because less people need aid, not because it's not available. My friends in Japan say that they have enough supplies and everything is pretty calm. They keep reminding me not to pay attention to the news too. Haha. They've also told me that Japan is expecting another major earthquake to close the gap that was made in the plates... No one knows when it will happen yet, but most people I talk to (including myself), hope it's sooner than later. Rebuilding to have it all destroyed again would not be good. Especially considering how dangerous it would be if workers were rebuilding when it struck and they had no way to evacuate the scaffolding or equipment in time...

-sigh- I hope these catastrophes are done for this year after this...
Sorry for the wall of text! D:

Sad to hear about the poor relations between Japan and Korea. I hope someday soon that might change.
I also have a feeling most of the missing are gone. But, yeah... (sigh)
As for another major, who knows when that would hit. Maybe it wont be as big? UHG!

Original Loiterer

20,750 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
thanks for the bumps everyone. ^ ^ And youre welcome to those who thanked me. ^ ^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff