Welcome to Gaia! ::

tHE good LAWD help those that help theyselves. and Japan ain't no third world country like africa. they can help theyself. they aint need yo moneys chillins'. sure, what happened was sad as hell, those po' babies. but where was japan when all us folk in Louisiana was drownin? where was japan when our towers was fallin? you can feel sorry for dem all you like but they aint give a darn about you. and that's the gospel truth, mhmm.

Versatile Nymph

14,925 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Cool Cat 500
well I don't know if you are smart enough to under stand this but America is the number #1 country in the world and has been that way since the end of WWI ,thanks to britian giving us that title. We can handle are own s**t and have proven it. If we didn't help out Japan it would make us look bad. When other countries don't helps the U.S.A. people don't even judge them, well except for those who believe in ingorance. It's called a double standard.
and thank you for pointing out another sad, sad fact. you on to something sayin the U.S. don't want to make itself look bad. all this helpin out is just us puttin on some kinda show, its a fad and you all is buyin into it dear babies. sure, we can fork out monies we aint got for japan, but who cares about the everyday suffering of people in our own country? it must be somebody else's problem or it just aint important enough because bein kind to your neighboor is the right thing to be doin and nobody gets praise for doing what you sposed to do anyways. and we just can't have that now can we? nobody would congratulate us for takin care of our own citizens. aw lawd, what's this world comin to.
-Pixie Ninja Reprise-
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

oh lawd honey chil', this aint about trollin just cause you don't like to hear my opinions. just because you aint agree don't make me no troll. i just want to get some straight up honesty on this message board. this forum be about japan. aint nobody say that its necessary for me to say "oh boo hoo save japan" and all that other ridiculousness you wanna hear.

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
You're ******** stupid. This tsunami and earthquake has DAMAGED their economy, and they're facing up to $300 BILLION dollars in damages. It will take them at least 5 years to fully recover, if not more.

Also, a simple Google search will tell you that Japan did help us when New Orleans was struck by Hurricane Katrina.

Japan Proves Truly "A Friend Indeed"

Quote:
If the saying "a friend in need is a friend indeed" is true, Japan is one of the best friends the United States ever could have to provide support while so many Americans are suffering in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

Japanese private citizens and the government alike have sent a virtual tsunami of assistance to the victims of Katrina, which devastated 90,000 square miles along the U.S. Gulf Coast in August. Hundreds of thousands of people lost their homes and hundreds lost their lives.

Japan has pledged more than $1.5 million in private donations. The government of Japan has donated $200,000 in cash to the American Red Cross and some $800,000 in relief supplies -- from blankets to generators -- already are arriving to aid the most needy. Japanese firms with operations in the United States have donated some $12 million in total, including Honda Motor Corporation ($5 million), Hitachi ($1 million) and Nissan (more than $750,000).

The U.S. Embassy in Tokyo was overwhelmed by the generosity of one Japanese individual -- Takashi Endo -- who donated $1 million from his personal funds to Katrina relief efforts. Endo said he was moved when, during a business trip to London, he saw a televised report about a mother separated from her children in the chaos of the flooding in New Orleans. The story so disturbed him he could not sleep that night; the next morning he resolved to do something to help.

Yuji Takahashi, president and chief executive officer of the Japan Petroleum Exploration Company Ltd., which has operations off the coast of Louisiana, donated $100,000 to U.S. federal government hurricane relief efforts. Takahashi said that when he learned of the destruction caused by the hurricane, he felt as if his own family had been affected.

In a note accompanying the donation, Takahashi said: "I have no doubt that your people will stand in the face of difficulties and rebuild their lives in the near future."

Private citizens have sent the U.S. Embassy in Tokyo more than $2,000, and the embassy's Web site and telephone operators have directed hundreds of inquirers to the Bush-Clinton Katrina Fund Web site as well as the American Red Cross, the Japanese Red Cross Society and Peace Winds donation sites.

Mayors from cities all over Japan have donated tens of thousands of dollars. Governor Hirohiko Izumida of Niigata Prefecture, for example, provided a donation of roughly $9,000 while stressing the ties of mutual friendship and gratitude that link the people of Niigata and the United States. Niigata suffered a devastating earthquake in December 2004 and received substantial U.S. aid, including logistical and material assistance from the American military.

The Korean Residents' Union in Japan, known as Mindan, donated more than $50,000. Mindan's president, Jae Sook Kim, said upon presenting the check to Ambassador Thomas Schieffer that Koreans felt a deep sense of appreciation to the United States, which "has fought by Korea's side for 60 years of freedom and democracy."

Kim noted that the United States has accepted millions of Korean immigrants. When America hurts, Kim said, "Koreans feel the same pain."

The Youth for Understanding Japan Foundation has pledged $45,000, and the Chiba Lotte Marines professional baseball team has started what will be an ongoing campaign to raise funds from fans to help victims of Katrina as well as the recent Typhoon No. 14 in Japan.

NHK-TV, Japan's leading national broadcaster, has partnered with the Japanese Red Cross for a nationwide fundraising drive. NHK is running regular public service announcements instructing viewers how to donate via bank transfer or in person at any NHK or Red Cross office throughout the country. The campaign will run for one month, from September 6 to October 6. Fuji TV network is running a similar campaign.

A number of Japanese jazz greats and other leaders of the music and entertainment industries have banded together for a major "Hurricane Aid Japan" campaign running through December. Donations will be solicited at numerous concerts nationwide. Record companies and others will put banners on their Web sites and individual artists will collect donations. There is already a Japanese-language Web site up and running, with an English version to follow soon.

One of Japan's leading nationwide retailers, the AEON group, has started to collect donations for the victims of Hurricane Katrina at some 700 stores throughout Japan. The campaign will run September 3-20. During this same period, the chain also will donate 1 percent of all sales proceeds for customers using the popular members' discount cards.

The Japanese Red Cross Society, in addition to acting as a major conduit for individual and corporate donations to Katrina relief, announced it would donate $200,000 of its own funds to support hurricane relief activities of its sister organization, the American Red Cross.

All three Japanese international air carriers (ANA, JAL, NCA) have offered free use of empty cargo capacity to transport relief supplies to the United States.

J. Thomas Schieffer, the U.S. ambassador to Japan, has been kept very busy acknowledging all of Japan's generous donors; many have and will receive his personal thanks.

U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice expressed her "heartfelt thanks" September 2 for the "warm and passionate response" from the international community. (See related article.)

And President Bush, in a September 14 address to more than 160 leaders attending the United Nations General Assembly meetings in New York, observed that the "awesome power of nature" has unleashed "the greater power of human compassion." (See related article.)

Addressing Japan and the more than 115 countries that have come to the aid of Hurricane Katrina's victims, Bush said: "I offer the thanks of my nation…. (T)he world is more compassionate and hopeful when we act together."

Japan is the world's biggest donator.

So all of what you've been saying are a bunch of LIES.

Tipsy Trader

9,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
ya black jehovah's witnesses sounding lady japan helped us and we need to help them
You're a ******** idiot. People like you make me sick. Do you have any idea how insensitive you're being? I happen to have close friends living in Japan, and I've been doing all I can to help them. I organized a fundraiser at my school and we've earned over 500 dollars after only 3 weeks, and we intend to continue collecting donations for some time. I've been keeping track of everything that's been going on and checking on my friends in Japan regularly to see how they're all doing. We ALL need to stand together and help Japan in their time of crisis. The tsunami and earthquake has destroyed their economy and has caused massive amounts of radiation to spread. People like you need to keep their ignorant mouths shut. This forum is for people who care about Japan or who have friends and family there, not for idiotic trolls like you.

Dapper Sophomore

5,050 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Consumer 100
We should care about people in their time of need hun. I understand this is your opinion but look what this world is coming to already, it would be so much better just to help out a little. Have some respect.

Mewling Kitten

7,475 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
This Is Linda
but where was japan when all us folk in Louisiana was drownin? where was japan when our towers was fallin? .

where are the other countries? don't blame just Japan!
besides nobody helped us out in Iceland when eyjafjallajökull went off, instead we just got moaned at and got told "hey!sort out your damn volcano" .....its a volcano! what do expect me to do! throw internet trolls into it D:

6,500 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Savage Entrepreneur

12,725 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
  • Overstocked 200
OP is correct.......mostly.

OP had good stuff to say, in a fun way. Some statements were false.

I understand the feelin to this message

AMEN

Tipsy Trader

9,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
SCHiiZOPHRENiiC-
This Is Linda
but where was japan when all us folk in Louisiana was drownin? where was japan when our towers was fallin? .

besides nobody helped us out in Iceland when eyjafjallajökull went off, instead we just got moaned at and got told "hey!sort out your damn volcano" .....its a volcano! what do expect me to do! throw internet trolls into it D:

dont mean to sound rude but honestly troils buring in lava would be a awesome sight

Mewling Kitten

7,475 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
Tsukasa Wave
SCHiiZOPHRENiiC-
This Is Linda

dont mean to sound rude but honestly troils buring in lava would be a awesome sight

XD

High-functioning Phantom

9,650 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Monster Hunter 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
Its ok guys. I got this.
I just talked to Satan and we agreed my soul is so ******** beast that I traded it to save all the Japanese.
No amen's needed.
I'm the Japanese Jesus.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas