Welcome to the Item Alchemy Services forum! This forum is intended for commissioning, and/or running shops related to creating items using Item Alchemy.
As a member, it is your responsibility to familiarize yourself with the forum's rules before posting. Posting in this forum implies that you read and understand the rules and guidelines and that you accept responsibility for the appropriateness of your thread or post.
Scamming. Taking or attempting to take another member's gold, items or efforts, through false promises, deception, tricks or get-rich-quick schemes is considered scamming and is not tolerated on Gaia.
Flaming & trolling. Posts directed at another member which are hateful, abusive, or intentionally inflammatory are considered flaming. Making intentionally inflammatory or provocative posts to incite responses from other members is considered trolling.
Asking for/offering cheats. - Cheats are not permitted on Gaia. Asking for cheats or hacks for any game, or supplying info/links on how to cheat in any of the games is not permitted.
Terms of Service violations may result in a warning or a ban on your account.
If you find Terms of Service violations, or threads that may need moved to a different forum, please use an appropriate report. The procedures for doing so can be found here.
You can find online moderators by following the "View Forum Moderators" link at the top of the forum.
Gaia Staff will NEVER ask for your password! If anyone asks you for your password, report it.
1. Your alchemy level is an achievement. By letting people see your achievements, they'll know what level you are, and what you might be capable of. It also helps to foster trust - you can say you're level 14, and you have the achievement for reaching level 14.
2. List out the recipes that you know and are willing to use for people. If a potential customer is looking for a specific transmutation - which is common - they might find what they're looking for among what you have.
3. Be fair about pricing and any special rules you might have. For example, if people have to bring their own Ingredients, say that up front. If they don't have to bring their own, but do anyway, consider charging them less than if they have to use yours (just labor, vs. parts and labor.)
For buyers / service seekers
1. Learn how Alchemy works before even starting to shop. When you know that, would-be scammers have a much harder time finding tricky schemes.
2. Look around for Alchemists that at least have enough Alchemist level to make what you want made. If they have a list of recipes, look at that list before doing anything else. It saves time for you!
3. Respect the seller's rules regarding how s/he runs the shop. If the seller requires you to bring your own Ingredients, for example, do not ask the seller to also sell Ingredients. If the seller's prices are too high for you, don't spend a lot of time haggling and harassing - shop around and find the best price.
4. When in doubt, ask. Don't let a seller get away with simply saying, "I'm a level X master alchemist" - check their achievements to see if they've reached level X.
The topic is in the wrong forum and should be moved to a more appropriate forum.
If you need to contact a moderator via Private Message, please use the "View Forum Moderator" link at the top of this forum to find a moderator.
Report Hacking, Scamming or Abuse & Harassment?
The Hacking, Scamming and Abuse or Harassment report forms can be found at the bottom of the forum index. When submitting a report, ensure that you fill out all fields and include as much relevant information as possible.
Report A Hacking
Use this form to report a Hacking. Hacking, on Gaia Online, refers to the unauthorized access of an account by someone other than the account owner. In most typical hacking cases, an unauthorized person enters an account which does not belong to him or her and takes items or gold from the account, often changing the account information so that the original owner can no longer access his or her account.
Report A Scamming
Use this form to report a Scamming. Scamming is when another member of Gaia takes your gold or items, or tries to take your gold or items, by making false promises of giving you rare items, get-rich-quick schemes, or by any other deceptive means. Scamming generally involves a situation in which two members of Gaia make an arrangement to trade gold, items, or a Gaia approved service (e.g. avatar art commission) with each other and then one of the parties involved in the arrangement fails to live up to his or her promise of an exchange.
Report Abuse or Harassment
Use this form to report ongoing Abuse or Harassment. If you are reporting harassment or abuse that is occurring directly in a thread, please use the "Report This Post" button instead.